Stop adding to the views count when I view my own thread.

Deleted54170User

Thanks Arthmoor.

I was just thinking...

Another view counter happens when a reply is closed and reopened by the visitor posting to edit it.

The lock out of view counts would have to be reapplied to each new posted reply so the open close open stops counting the edit as a new view too.

Each author of a reply then would have the new replies view counter locked too a locked 1 view for each new posted reply window. Then the view counter would only count for their reply, and not again if they edited.

I'm thinking of it like a business sales set up. Item, number of the item ordered, locked number of item, and/or reorder same/another item.

Title of thread acts a the item.

Without a stop lock to number of views, included on the thread view counter the counter will continue to add another item to the number box.

I wonder if the functions counter lock views for each new reply could be included?

Arggh! I'm losing it again.

I don't second this. It works exactly right as it is.

It's not fine. It leaves open exaggerated numbers of views. Often as I recall re-editing a single post when I was frustrated by a tooth ache and misspelled or even lost my train of thought, and yet my fingers kept on walking the keyboard, I had no clue if it was me, or a person viewing my post; or how many times I ached and re-edited, ached and reviewed.

Why didn't I get the tooth repaired sooner. That's another story all together. It's repaired. I am getting clarity. I see how good modders and authors of threads with loads of worthwhile stuff are getting cut off by, loads of stuff like my meandering gobbledygook when they deserve a better accounting so they get attention they deserve.

The IPB software doesn't have a setting to stop you from incrementing your own thread view counter.

Thanks.

Hm?

I've never had the opportunity to see the code for a forum setup. I'd like to see if a view counter setting could be introduced to reduce the clutter of views. Shrinking the numbers of views, even offline guests add them, could be meritorious to the modders and patch writers.

I'm adding cold water to my system to cool me down.

I'll be sleeping on this idea.

IPB's code is spaghetti. So while it is obviously possible, it's not something most website admins are going to bother with. Especially when doing so is of little benefit. You'd have more luck pushing IPB themselves into introducing this.

Also FWIW no other forum package I know of has this feature either. Exaggerated view counts can only really happen if you sit and obsessively refresh your own thread a lot :P

IPB's code is spaghetti. So while it is obviously possible, it's not something most website admins are going to bother with. Especially when doing so is of little benefit. You'd have more luck pushing IPB themselves into introducing this.

Also FWIW no other forum package I know of has this feature either. Exaggerated view counts can only really happen if you sit and obsessively refresh your own thread a lot :tongue:

Or a group of visitors that don't join, who keep revisiting when they have their desired attention giver there they hope they will treat them with some sensual excitement by showing the AMAZING threads that might encourage more sensual fun.

Which do you prefer poking your nose in that excites your brain so you work harder for extra's in the area of your favorite sensual area? :laugh:

Want a second slice of Pizza? Maybe? :tongue:

I found the views function in my training manual for Javascript code to count the number of visitors to a website. Forums exaggerated the need for it.

It would be better to remove that views function as it doesn't apply to any values of human concern, unless a person is addicted to see how many visits, without whom gave a shyte to respond, there were.

Maybe it's a psychological counter to see if more people who've been struggling with life, because it seems like WORK WORK WORK without any appreciation is all they get for it.

Delete the JAVASCRIPT then the posts to a thread, and our replies to others replies would be the count.

It would treat the scene with a better balance and give practicing modders, experienced modders, and patchers with a monolithic number of patches to their name a good focus on the attention giving them inspiration or depression in increments that would cause them less down time and allow them to act quickly, thinking clearly, evaluate, and adjust their thread via their own realization of it's importance. :wallbash: Moving on when the thread really isn't important :yucky: and improving it when it is. :geek:

:teehee:​ :dance: