Announcing Dark Souls Nexus Launched

Dark0ne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS GAME IS PERFECTLY, COMFORTABLY, SMOOTHLY PLAYABLE WITH KEYBOARD ONLY. My keyboard controls were WASD for movement, num keyboard/Q/E/Space etc. for attacks and such, arrows for camera and IJKL for menu navigation. If anybody has problems with controls, I recommend those settings. MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE THAN KEYBOARD+MOUSE. Edited by GeeZee

Going to have to disagree with you, Xuphra. I know we were told ahead of time that it would almost be a direct port, but is not an excuse.

The fact that you called the people who were complaining (about the sheer necessities that a game of this platform should have) "whiny little kids" is unacceptable. You have pulled an IGN, and claiming that its wrong to ask for a fully-functional product that YOU paid for is basically calling someone "entitled". No industry for anything in the world accuses its customers of entitlement but the video game industry. People weren't happy about Transformers 2, but Michael Bay didn't go out and tell people to 'suck it up'.

However, I do agree with you that the game in itself remains unchanged. Its still a great game, but it is lacking obvious features.

Also, the point of a modding community is to add or change the game, not fix the developer's screw-ups, *Ahem* Bethesda....

Anyways, glad to see the nexus is up and running, with mods already being posted.

Cheers.

I lol'd at GeeZee's comment. Not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not. :P

Edited by sydney666

The fact that you called the people who were complaining (about the sheer necessities that a game of this platform should have) "whiny little kids" is unacceptable. You have pulled an IGN, and claiming that its wrong to ask for a fully-functional product that YOU paid for is basically calling someone "entitled". No industry for anything in the world accuses its customers of entitlement but the video game industry. People weren't happy about Transformers 2, but Michael Bay didn't go out and tell people to 'suck it up'.

There's a big difference. We were all practically told it was going to be a direct (and ergo, bad) port. If Michael Bay had told people prior to releasing Transformers 2 that it was going to be filmed on a home camera at 10 fps, and you paid to go watch the film, would you also whine about that as well despite knowing full well how bad the quality would be? I wouldn't, I'd say "I knew what I was getting in to before I went to watch it and I chose to go watch it". Yes, it would be crap, but at least I knew it would be crap.

The developers told us and all the previews and reviews told us that this game was going to be a bad port. They also said that if you can get over how bad the port is you'll find, underneath it all, an amazing game. Frankly, whining about how bad the port is now just gets real old, real fast. We all know it's bad. The point is that despite it's rather gaping flaws it's still one of the best RPGs to grace the PC this year.

I lol'd at GeeZee's comment. Not sure if that was meant to be a joke or not. :P

Maybe for some popamole player that has trouble with coping with a game that doesn't consist of doing everything with one button, those setting are too much indeed. As such, good luck keeping target lock camera while playing with your mouse.

What's that even mean? It's either gamepad or keyboard, the way mouse sensivity and camera control is handled outright handicaps this game.

Edited by GeeZee

The rep downs are getting ridiculous, whats with rep down someone for just expressing their opinion to the point to make nexus hid the comment... totally ridiculous.