Borderlands 2

Thor.

yea, but i dont wanna join other people's games, i wanna play my own game so i can actually beat the game. and if people wanna join they can. idc if they do or not, im just saying no one did. Edited by hoofhearted4

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playthrough 2 I don't think I'll finish. By the time you're at Eridium Blight, you're so overpowered that the lengths the devs have to go to to create dificult pretty much ruin the game. The way they do it is to astronomically increase the health of enemies; some base marauders have 400,000+ health now, it's just ridiculous, I have weapons that can kill them, but pouring five 180,000 damage headshots into the same, ordinary bandit seems just ridiculous. It's a cheap, lazy way to increase dificulty-they should have altered the spawn mechanics and AI instead. Or numbers. Fighting a teeming horde of bandits would be great fun, but you never get the chance, besides Circle Of Slaughter, and they're underlevel anyway. The other problem is that even if you're level 50, you'll still encounter orange, red, and even skull enemies on a regular basis. This for me is by far the biggest problem in the game at the moment; getting to level 50 and still being significantly lower level than the bandits(54-55) completely destroys any sense of achievement that may have been created by that achievment.

At 50 you don't feel remotely levelcap-everything you meet is still well over your level, usually by a long way(up to 5 levels) and the means of adding endgame difficulty are disapointingly crude and unimaginative. Take the Goliath Blaster for example. With over 300,000 health, a pair of fully player-spec rocket launchers with 97,000 damage per shot, an extraordinary rate of fire and an unlimited clip, it's on paper, a damn near impossible thing to kill. but because it's a goliath it still freaks out when disenhelmed, robbing it of any challenge by having all nearby bandits turn their guns on it. The problem is not nullifying it as a threat-it lacks sufficient damage when enraged to harm yu, the problem is the shear amount of lead you have to force-feed it to kill it. Or the Heavy Nomad, same story, ridiculous health and a rocket launcher. But they're slow moving, so you just stick a Tesla to their face and hide, and then throw another one, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another. And did I mention you've got to throw another one? you do, and maybe another after then one after it.

I have no problem with dificulty but this just gets tedious. The guns feel, if anything, far more underpowered than anything I used at low levels-that little Jacobs revolver I had at level 2 ripped stuff up! two hits to kill a bandit. Nowadays killing a bandit with my level 50, purple spec Jacobs Revolver requires a full magazine worth of critical hits, or 3 full mags to the body. The game needs to take a leaf out of several other recent game's books, and try having deadly combat. One of the most thrilling aspects of Gears Of War was how little health everything had. It made the guns feel monstrously powerful, and made smart cover use vital to survival, to up the dificulty, the AI was simply made smarter, more agressive, and more accurate. The result actually worked beautifully, as the game was at it's absolute finest with the dificulty cranked up to 11. A similar story applies to Halo, with dificulty being done via the AI, which can be devilishly clever at times.

Vladof, perhaps ironically for a brand billed as simple and low-tech, seems to be the brand of choice for level 50, atleast for me anyway. Their sniper rifle is fully automatic, has an unmatched recenter time, and still does the obligatory 190,000 damage headshots, enough damage that even these seemingly bubble-wrapped bandits get knocked silly. It seems to be the most generally effective weapon at this level. Ofcourse, the Bandits have the Quik-Drawier-Area-Affecta, which certainly does more harm to more people per shot and is also fully automatic, but it costs 160,000 dollar to fire it for 20 seconds, so it's off my list.

You need a Bee shield for PT2, its an absolute necessity. Its one of the easier items in the game to farm. Level 50 Bee shield does 55k amp shots. If you got a fast ROF weapon, like some Vladof machine pistols or a good shotgun you can own up on those high HP mobs. And I never saw skull mobs at level 50, ever. The highest I saw was 53. That is why everyone says Bee shield + Conference Call, because it can drop non-badass mobs in 1 shot.

And you don't need to worry about ammo costs if you are a Gunzerker, unless you like rockets, and I do. The Badaboom launchers are like 80k x 6, and they work with the Bee shield so they can be 135k x6 and also get a crit. Its basically a rocket shotgun, but the damage is absolutely retarded. I've hit for 1.5m with it, and that is only a couple of the 6 rockets landing for a crit. Gunzerker can't regen rocket ammo, but some of his skills let him proc for free shots or even add ammo instead of using it. It requires you kill something to get the proc chance, as long as you keep killing, chances are you won't run out until the area is cleaned out. They don't leave room for much middle ground, its either that, or you pack a lunch for each encounter. You actually need top tier weapons to take down mobs like you would in normal mode with mediocre gear.

Edited by Beriallord

The bee shield has been removed sense latest patch I'm afraid http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif Edited by Thor.

The bee shield has been removed sense latest patch I'm afraid http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif

I haven't updated. Why would they remove it? You mean just removed the item completely from the game? Mobs were clearly IMO far overpowered if you didn't use a Bee Shield in PT2.5. There were some fights I couldn't have won without it. And I don't think I'm that bad at the game. Terramorphus is one of them. Bee shield + Conference call is the only way to win that fight. I wouldn't even attempt it with anything else.

***Edit, seems they only added an annoying noise when you have it equipped. It would be simple enough to mod the game and remove that sound and use the thing anyway. I think that was really stupid, and in the end only the people on consoles will be screwed. This is why I always buy games for PC over console. I really hate it when they cave into the whiners and start nerfing things I feel are perfectly viable for the game, especially if the game isn't even competitive.

Things like this always happen over people whining about how others play the game. Its not like BL2 is a competitive game or anything. If someone thinks its overpowered, don't use it. But waaaaaah!! Its so not fair people can farm stuff fast or beat uber bosses easily! *hands out tissues to those people*. Seriously.

Edited by Beriallord

i got a sweet class mod for Mechromancer, the terror of the teramorphous class mod, orange.. Even though my mechromancer is only lv 25, still keeping it. Edited by Thor.

The one complaint I have about this game are the loaders. After a certain point, the only enemy you really face are loaders, and they get so damn tedious in long sessions. It really needs some variety, the all-loader section from Sawtooth Cauldron through to The Warrior really was a boring slog the second time around, using the same two acid guns to kill the same three types of enemy. Dull, dull, dull, dull. Edited by Vindekarr

I like pistols in this game, so here are some SCs of a few I got:

DVA Anarchist (Vladof):

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7679/vladofpistol.png

-Pretty amazing damage, magazine side, reload time and rate of fire. Who cares about ammo? Most Gunzerkers don't.

Redundant Synergy (Hyperion):

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8933/hyperionpistol.png

-Similar to the Vladof variant, but accuracy is better, just less damage, magazine size and rate of fire. If I'm going for crits, ill use these. Very good when gunzerking due to improved accuracy while firing.

Vengeful Infinity (Vladof)

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4699/infinitypistol.png

- Has infinite ammo, 10.4 rate of fire, shock element, and decent damage to boot.

2 fer maggie (Jakobs):

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5434/2fermaggie.png

-I got a few of these, and this is the highest accuracy I've seen, which I prefer over variants with a little more damage. I don't typically use these because they aren't automatic fire. Also the rate of fire is misleading, even with 10,0, you still have to click the mouse that fast to make it fire that fast, which actually means its going to do less DPS than the DVA Anarchist because I don't think anyone can click a mouse 10x in 1 second. Its about 3.0 ROF for me, and that is mashing the hell out of my mouse. Whereas 9.0 ROF on an automatic weapon is 9.0 as long as you hold the mouse down. This is why the 2 fer maggie is overrated.

On another note, there isn't a SMG, or assault rifle in this game that holds a candle to any of those pistols.

And in case anyone is wondering about a BL2 save editor, here is a link:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_f11g1DlLhDYk00c3VJejVjV0U/edit?pli=1&docId=0B_f11g1DlLhDQVRBWUhGWG85TkE

r121 is the latest version as of right now. It works in a similar way to willowtree#, the save editor from BL1. I've used it mostly to level up weapons. Also to the left in the link, there is a CE trainer, that is for cheat engine, and it has a ton of features that are more or less idiot proof, meaning just click the box to activate/deactivate stuff. I hate how you can farm at level 50 and find level 48 drops, considering the extreme scaling in the later levels it pretty much makes level 48 stuff useless.

Edited by Beriallord

I like SMGs and Assault Rifles, being a Mechro they're pretty much ideal. I have a Vladof Blaster(thermal element) It's got decent power(11K damage) supreme fire rate(13.1) fast reloads(2.1) and a great mag(59) It's ammunition consumption is unholy, but it's incredible rate of fire, high damage and surprisingly good accuracy makes it absolutely perfect at short range. It's a meatshredder against anything unshielded, when you can do 32000 damage per shot, and fire off 29 of them in a mere 2 seconds, you're a near unstoppable force in short range combat. The one weakness is that it's scope is utterly useless, the problem is the barrelflash of blaster weapons is monumental, and with a rate of fire that high, you're completely blind while firing.

Derp Nukem. A name so awesome it's got balls of steel, this is the gun you want when it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and when you've just run out of gum. Gold plated with tangerine trim, this gargantuan missile launcher is an absolute blast to-Ok enough lame puns. Basically it's just like any normal rocket launcher; insane damage, long range, tiny mag, only it's Name-Dropper ability gives it a vastly enhanced blast radius. Good for levelling small continents, and I love it.

"That Hyperion SMG who's name would get me in trouble on the Nexus because it's rude" (Gold, Hyperion, SMG) Ugly and tattered as it may be, the <bleep> reaches maximum accuracy very quickly(11 shots) has a deep magazine, and extreme accuracy(an amazing 98.8) and a very high rate of fire. It's cardinal weakness is it's low shot damage, a mere 4481. It takes a lot of shots to kill much anything, but that's precisely what SMGs are good at, and with the <bleepity beep> 's accuracy and scope, the shear avalanche of lead this weapon hurls down, this SMG's does the type's traditional work very, very well. In feel it reminds me a lot of the SMG in the Halo franchise. Possibly my second favourite behind Harold and my Muckamuck.

Kerblaster: Uglier than a midget that's been dead for a week, this moronic cudgel of a gun is essentialy the freakish fusion of a bazooka and a carbine. Launches ultra-high-power rockets at a decent accuracy and rate, which upon detonation, spawn a grenade. If I'm honest, I hate it, and most Torgues, but damn it's good.

Sledge's Shotgun. Bought from a player for nostalgia's sake, this ol' slugger is a 12-guage shotgun blast from the past. Huge damage, drum mag, huge fire rate. Everything you need and nothing you don't.

And my favourite of them all, "unkempt Harold" If you want to make a punk's day, recite cheesey one-liners, or blow Terramorphus to bits, this little slugger can handle it like little else. Much like Harry's Smith-Wesson .44 Magnum, this brute might just be the only pistol that can challenge Maggie for pistol damage supremacy.

Purple spec Marxman Pistal. My favoured handgun for killing most small enemies which aren't worth a bigger bullet. Bandit guns are extremely patchy, when they're bad, and they normally are, they're aweful, but when they're good, those rare, special bandit guns, are great indeed. This one's got just enough accuracy to hit the target, a scope and shoulderstock to keep recoil managable, a fire rate just below an SMG, enough power to make sure they feel it when it hits them, and a fifty-nine round magazine to ensure that it can keep firing for a long time indeed. It's not magnificent, but it's resplendantly practical in nearly any concievable situation, 11000 total damage is not impressive, but it does stack up when that 11000 has 58 other friends well on their way.

"Chikamin muckamuck" Another purple. Nothing fancy, but with uniquely tastey stats. Good fire rate, beautiful clean lines, a good scope, high stability, and enough firepower to blow a bullymong's block off. Simply put, it's that rare gun that drops with near-perfect stats for what you mean to do with it; a stability and damage buff combo really couldn't suit long range sniping any better, and since the accuracy is astronomical to begin with, it's just perfect until I find something shinier.

And finally, my Gunstock Revolver. at level 48, it's now too old to be used on the frontline, but the Gunstock was the first truly effective gun I got at level 50, and stayed with me through the whole last half of my second playthrough, from BNK3R onwards. Great accuracy, a hard hit, a generous 12 shot mag, and a scope/stock combo, it was just perfect, and has killed more bosses than any other 2 guns I've owned combined. Among it's honour role are finishing blows on BNK3R, The Warrior, Captain Flynt, Master Flinter, Mad Mike, Savage Lee, Mad Dog, Dukino's Mom, and even Handsome Jack himself. It's the one time centimentality has overcome common sense, seeing it preserved in my gun vault as a keepsake. And hell, if I ever make an alt, it'd be my first choice for a sidearm.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Unkempt_Harold

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Nukem

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/KerBlaster

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Sledge%27s_Shotgun_(Borderlands_2)

I will NEVER say no to a gold, but please, enough Torgues, I HATE gyrojets.

Edited by Vindekarr

Borderlands and the billions of weapons, you never see the same gun twice, it sure is a one of a kind game http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif