Borderlands 2

Thor.

Ammo regen is usefull for shutguns that take 5 bullets per shot and you keep firing, ya you would run out then. Depends how fast you use it. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ammo regen is usefull for shutguns that take 5 bullets per shot and you keep firing, ya you would run out then. Depends how fast you use it. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

my shotgun uses 3 ammo per shot, and i only have the first two ammo upgrades for shotgun, and yet i still rarely run out.

and argument can be made its useful. but its not OP and its not necessary. i wouldnt take ammo regen over many other things in the game. a weapon with ammo regen for example over a weapon that does more damage or has better stats or something.

Being stuck without ammo can be a pain in a middle of a epic loader battle, depends on the situation your in, especially at lv 40 you would use a lot more ammo then you would at your first round.

its usefull and a little op sense you can simply wait for the ammo to regen, instead of having to back track all the time to the closest vending machine. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/down.gif

Edited by Thor.

Being stuck without ammo can be a pain in a middle of a epic loader battle, depends on the situation your in, especially at lv 40 you would use a lot more ammo then you would at your first round.

its usefull and a little op sense you can simply wait for the ammo to regen, instead of having to back track all the time to the closest vending machine. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/down.gif

again, ive never had a problem because there are sooo many crates and lootables in which to find ammo in. im often passing ammo up because i cant use it fast enough.

HP regen is 10x more useful then ammo regen (though im pretty sure the gunzerker has some mad HP regen capabilities)

i havent played Borderlands 2 in like a week. been playing Guild Wars 2 instead so im still only level 20 with my assassin.

Trust me you will, sooner then later hoof. even crate ammo isn't enough, especially going solo. The term badass is 100% deadlier http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gifEspecially in those arena fights like in the fridge and Eredium blight.

Also found one real badass shield that makes me pretty much immune to Nitro Stalker attacks, you know those grenades they thow..

its over 17889, although reduces health by 3500, but those mods helped with the compromise.

Edited by Thor.

I had a run in with an old friend today, or more specifically, a modern version of B1's arguably ultimate weapon, the Defiler. This new weapon feels extremely like a defiler, the stats are near idetnicle-both are powerful mid range revolvers with a 100% effect chance and a sexy paint job. The difference is in the details, but it's a big one, and dare I say, puts the new weapon in a league no even the Defiler could have ever matched.

The new weapon is the Thunderball, it's a Maliwan, and it's unique ability is, beyond it's 100% effect chance, is that the shot impacts, detonates like a Defiler shell doing AOE, and then lodges in the target or wall like a Tesla grenade or shock barrel, continuing to fire off devestating arcs of lightning. It's beyond devestating in CQB, and I absolutely love it. It's also simply gorgeous-typical sexy, curvy high-tech Maliwan, in chrome metallic red with electric blue highlights, and a big chrome lightning bolt on the cylender. Overall the gun feels just like the defiler did, though it does shock rather than corosive damage, is red rather than blue, and has the added benefit of it's lingering thunderballs, which do ridiculous damage. It makes a beautiful counterpart to my Hellfire.

The other weapon I picked up was a sublime Dahl assault rifle. Unlike most Dahl's its a gatling gun, and the first gatling I've used fully in Borderlands-I experimented early on with them but set them aside for higher levels since the low level ones were almost impossible to keep on target. When fired scoped, it feels almost like a Skullmasher shotgun more than a rifle-it fires 9 shot burst in well under a second, while it's Dahl stability keeps it pointing at whatever you aimed it at with only a tiny amount of barrel climb and very little sideways deviation(less than most normal rifles) It uses mountains of ammo, so I save it for large targets, but for mowing down a big enemy, it's one of the best, most entertaining guns I own. It feels beautifully balanced, and while it's nowhere near as good looking as my Maliwans, it's got a sexy military cool.

The Mechromancer is my new main, it's just... so much fun. The skills are based around mayhem, basically. Bullets ricocheting madly, crazy amiounts of lightning damage and decent survivability make it a real joy to play. It's what I was hopinh the Siren would be, and feels like a sequal to B1's Siren, albeit with a unique, and rather great action skill, which helps sooo much when you get swarmed.

The patch fixed the glitch with my Vladof TMP which I didn't even know it had. Now it's barrels properly spin when you fire it, it also fires a teeny weeny bit faster. Like it needed to be any better, I <3 TMPs. On the flip side it has also introduced a side splitter of a new bug, I call it the "black knight" bug in honour of that one Montey Python character. See, when you shoot Bandits that are performing some animations with a forceful enough weapon, say, a missile launcher or a Jacobs shotgun, their limbs do fly off as normal, but they keep doing their animation. It's even possible to creating limbless headless living bandits this way. More tommorow, I'm bushed.

Edited by Vindekarr

I had a run in with an old friend today, or more specifically, a modern version of B1's arguably ultimate weapon, the Defiler. This new weapon feels extremely like a defiler, the stats are near idetnicle-both are powerful mid range revolvers with a 100% effect chance and a sexy paint job. The difference is in the details, but it's a big one, and dare I say, puts the new weapon in a league no even the Defiler could have ever matched.

The new weapon is the Thunderball, it's a Maliwan, and it's unique ability is, beyond it's 100% effect chance, is that the shot impacts, detonates like a Defiler shell doing AOE, and then lodges in the target or wall like a Tesla grenade or shock barrel, continuing to fire off devestating arcs of lightning. It's beyond devestating in CQB, and I absolutely love it. It's also simply gorgeous-typical sexy, curvy high-tech Maliwan, in chrome metallic red with electric blue highlights, and a big chrome lightning bolt on the cylender. Overall the gun feels just like the defiler did, though it does shock rather than corosive damage, is red rather than blue, and has the added benefit of it's lingering thunderballs, which do ridiculous damage. It makes a beautiful counterpart to my Hellfire.

I've never come across this one before. Where'd you get it?

It's an orange, and as far as I know, it's rare as bloody anything. Mine was regrettably only L9, but it's still effective at level 18, which says a lot. It was pure chance, dropped Capt'n Flynt, I don't know much else. I also encountered another similar weapon today, it was almost identicle to a Hellfire, but shot lightning. It was called a Plasma Caster, an E-Tech Tediore SMG. By simplest description, it was a Hellfire, but with lightning instead of fire.