ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vortex is not downloading big files

vladp6

I just want to complain about the Vortex that cannot download big mods. Manual download of these mods is also very slow, but seems to solve the problem. Anyway, I stop paying the premium membership to these forums until the download problem will be solved.

Your choice of course, but in general there is no big download problem. Stopping Premium affects manual download speeds too.

What do you call a big mod? Over a GB?

50-100 MB mods download with no issues. Those are the kind I have the most experience with.

Manual download is effectively identical to Vortex - or NMM downloads. One is a .zip or other archive; the other is encapsulated as a .nxm.

You can prove this to yourself. Turn off the .nxm association with Vortex and do a mod manager download. Use a browser that does not screw up .nxm files.

I just want to complain about the Vortex that cannot download big mods. Manual download of these mods is also very slow, but seems to solve the problem. Anyway, I stop paying the premium membership to these forums until the download problem will be solved.

You're probably experiencing a slow download glitch that people have been experiencing this week.

Vortex does just fine with big mods.

However, the site has been having problems with downloads for a lot of people, slow speeds etc.

I've downloaded around 250-260 mods without seeing any of this "slowness" that you're seeing. Some (around 40 of them) have been manual downloads, primarily followers that I wanted to locally archive in case their authors yank them at some future date for whatever reason.

The rest have been direct Vortex installation downloads. Average transfer speeds have been on the order of 3Mb.

Many of these ~260 mods, or at least an appreciable 10-ish percent, have been above 1G in download size and their download speeds have been no different. Download *time* for the larger files has of course been longer, due to the increased file size..

As HadToRegister noted, Nexus has been experiencing some glitches during the past ~week. I've gone to load or reload a page only to encounter a DNS error or similar on multiple occasions over the past week myself, so that could be playing into your frustration.