Why I am NOT Voting for Trump in 2020

MrJoseCuervo

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has nothing to do with anyone here. I don't know anyone and I'd rather meet people face to face than 1000's of miles away hiding behind an avatar. But can I put this foreward and ask those willing to respond to please do so. Thank you.

Why is it that so many caricatures almost always emphasize the negative aspects of those being scrutinized. I would imagine if the majority of people who look down their noses at others would scrutinize themselves in the same way, wouldn't be so susceptible to the false praises of those wishing to indoctrinate them in their own ideology. Those Republicans and the Democrats who are so full of themselves are so full of something else they need to wipe their mouths with toilet paper and brush their teeth with Preparation H.

This has nothing to do with anyone here. I don't know anyone and I'd rather meet people face to face than 1000's of miles away hiding behind an avatar. But can I put this foreward and ask those willing to respond to please do so. Thank you.

Why is it that so many caricatures almost always emphasize the negative aspects of those being scrutinized. I would imagine if the majority of people who look down their noses at others would scrutinize themselves in the same way, wouldn't be so susceptible to the false praises of those wishing to indoctrinate them in their own ideology. Those Republicans and the Democrats who are so full of themselves are so full of something else they need to wipe their mouths with toilet paper and brush their teeth with Preparation H.

Hilary assumed she would win. Everyone told her she was going to win. Then she didn't. Then she wrote a book about why she lost. The sad part is, the reasons she gave for why she lost, had absolutely nothing to do with why she lost. She has her head buried firmly in the sand, and wouldn't know the truth if it jumped out and bit her.

I really don't give a rats patoot about caricatures. I look at what the candidates are saying. If they are only saying things I disagree with, then they aren't going to get my vote. Sure, none of them have a platform that perfectly aligns with what I want, but, that doesn't come as a surprise. I don't know of anyone that agrees with me on everything. So, I pick the issues that are important to me, and vote for the guy that *mostly* agrees with me. Either that, or I vote for the guy running against the guy that I mostly disagree with. In the current race, I don't agree with ANY of the dems. I hold pretty much the polar opposite position on almost everything they have to say. If you think I am going to vote for one of them, instead of Donny, simply because Donny is an idiot, then you are deluding yourself. I suspect that if the republican party runs someone against donny in the primaries, all they are going to be doing is cutting their own throats. Not something I would like to see. I REALLY don't want dems controlling the country.

I am regretting using the term caricature for it now lol.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinions on anything; I quite agree with what you said earlier on voting your conscience when it comes around, and was more trying to tease out a more involved dialogue, because I have enjoyed your dialogue. I hope I have not come across as disrespectful or insulting.

kvnchrist, I think that is a very interesting questions. I've heard theories that mostly involve it being part of a basic human tribal nature, along the lines of "my team good, your team bad." Or perhaps its becoming more of a problem from clickbait headlines and the propagation of those headlines on social media and political television. Either way, it seems to be a serious problem and an insult to rationality.

Its called Confirmation Bias.

You have a desire to portray something a certian way so you engage in behavior to reinforce that belief. Its a tool of a weak and illogical mind.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinions on anything; I quite agree with what you said earlier on voting your conscience when it comes around, and was more trying to tease out a more involved dialogue, because I have enjoyed your dialogue. I hope I have not come across as disrespectful or insulting.

kvnchrist, I think that is a very interesting questions. I've heard theories that mostly involve it being part of a basic human tribal nature, along the lines of "my team good, your team bad." Or perhaps its becoming more of a problem from clickbait headlines and the propagation of those headlines on social media and political television. Either way, it seems to be a serious problem and an insult to rationality.

There is no need to regret anything. Ideas have always parented other ideas. It has always been so and we would not be so advanced technologically without that spark. I just wish our wisdom in using what we've accomplished equaled or exceeded that advancement. The real issue with that evolution includes the the process of human interaction. In this era of instant gratification, backed up by the ability to insulate and isolate ourselves with like minded people via the internet has created a perfect storm of delusionalism that is much too intoxicating for some to give up. In a nutshell they have become addicted to patting themselves on their backs and the comfortably warm bubble elitism creates around them.

As far as tribalism,I would go a step further and put forth the idea that it goes further than tribalism and into the realm of being a quasi-religion with self image being the deity worshiped. Those that agree with their ideals only feed this image and the more it is fed the more intense the response when it is challenged. That's why, I think we are seeing so much violence in our politics. That being said the we could really, really use a less vocal President. His antics have brought politicians down to the same level they deserve to be by the sheer volume of their inactivity to benifit anyone other than themselves.

Its called Confirmation Bias.

You have a desire to portray something a certian way so you engage in behavior to reinforce that belief. Its a tool of a weak and illogical mind.

I can see that. I don't know who coined the phrase, but I would agree that we get the government we deserve, because I think so many people vote more against one candidate than they do for one. I think that is why we have the President we currently have in the White House. I think the rhetoric he was lambasting the Republicans was what those who voted for him, because of that rhetoric, did so because those were the words they wanted to use against them. I think that President Obama scared the crap out of the right and they blamed those representing them for not standing in his way.

I think the American public needs to educate themselves on the way their government works and stop demanding it become their own personal wishing well.

If any one of you presents the image we like with the qualities to aright the government ways so we become a people capable as desired

There is no need to regret anything. Ideas have always parented other ideas. It has always been so and we would not be so advanced technologically without that spark. I just wish our wisdom in using what we've accomplished equaled or exceeded that advancement. The real issue with that evolution includes the the process of human interaction. In this era of instant gratification, backed up by the ability to insulate and isolate ourselves with like minded people via the internet has created a perfect storm of delusionalism that is much too intoxicating for some to give up. In a nutshell they have become addicted to patting themselves on their backs and the comfortably warm bubble elitism creates around them.

As far as tribalism,I would go a step further and put forth the idea that it goes further than tribalism and into the realm of being a quasi-religion with self image being the deity worshiped. Those that agree with their ideals only feed this image and the more it is fed the more intense the response when it is challenged. That's why, I think we are seeing so much violence in our politics. That being said the we could really, really use a less vocal President. His antics have brought politicians down to the same level they deserve to be by the sheer volume of their inactivity to benifit anyone other than themselves.

I would suggest everyone, and I included, focus upon that individual so we put them on the podium in time for the next election.

If any one of you presents the image we like with the qualities to aright the government ways so we become a people capable as desired

I would suggest everyone, and I included, focus upon that individual so we put them on the podium in time for the next election.

If only it worked that way....... At this point, there is a select few that decide who runs, and eventually, who gets elected. If you are not part of this particular tribe/clan/whateveryouwanttocallit, then you have zero chance of getting elected. If you aren't already extremely wealthy yourself, then you need to essentially sell your soul to the folks with money, in order to stand even a snowballs chance of even making it to the ballot. Write in candidates are possible, but, so far as I know, one has never won an election...... at least, on a national scale.