Why I am NOT Voting for Trump in 2020

MrJoseCuervo

In my case against Hillary, but I saw a lot of people I knew that were apolitical energized by Trump.

Was it Trump that got them energized or was it the times they were living through, that brought them to action. Politicians are always promising this and always will. I still think Trump was a protest vote. Maybe those who were apolitical saw President Trump as not being apart of any political establishment and liked how he condemned those within the system.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case against Hillary, but I saw a lot of people I knew that were apolitical energized by Trump.

Was it Trump that got them energized or was it the times they were living through, that brought them to action. Politicians are always promising this and always will. I still think Trump was a protest vote. Maybe those who were apolitical saw President Trump as not being apart of any political establishment and liked how he condemned those within the system.

That was the primary reason I was willing to vote for him. He was most certainly NOT a politician, he wasn't taking donations from anyone, therefore, wasn't beholden to them, he was not a 'washington inside', which for me, was the biggest plus......

And yes, electing trump WAS a protest vote, against political cronyism, and the 'status quo' that exists in washington DC. But, as is usually the case, putting just one guy in there to fight against the system, the system still wins.

That was the primary reason I was willing to vote for him. He was most certainly NOT a politician, he wasn't taking donations from anyone, therefore, wasn't beholden to them, he was not a 'washington inside', which for me, was the biggest plus......

And yes, electing trump WAS a protest vote, against political cronyism, and the 'status quo' that exists in washington DC. But, as is usually the case, putting just one guy in there to fight against the system, the system still wins.

The people can impeach their own state federal and city officials any time they choose to.

The fact is most of the local people went to the same school, the same church, and started out in Kindergarten together. So they can't just replace the bum without one of them taking the seat. It's because of their long time together in their parent's businesses and establishments that they can't break up the system. They would have to let an outsider push their buttons.

The only way to beat the so called system is to get on board pushing those neighbors buttons until they see the correct way to change so they all change together. Start with the next kindergarteners, before they reach 1st grade and plant the new system in their classroom and you'll have a new system in time for your funerals, but at least it will be established and working for the new generation.

Get busy pushing the buttons so the house and senate tabled bills you want to get passed, are, and get busy rallying all your family and friends to make your state senator or representative do as you say, so they do not continue to do as you think they do and get them to doing what you want them to.

There will be pain, but the hurt will come, time will heal all, when all things considered is done. The new rules the system has chosen to abide by will be easy for those kindergartners to handle who were prepared for them.

Get the people to stop rallying around the house, and start putting votes in to impeach their senator's and representative's for not doing what the people want. It doesn't take as many people to remove one person from the house or senate. Most people seem to think they must gather outside in a peaceful rally. Do not rush the grounds, Do not try to fight security guards, and Do NOT rush into the house or senate when all it will take is to vote impeach them one and all to get them out of office.

Oh! One last note. UNLESS YOU SEE THAT THE SYSTEM REALLY NEEDS CHANGES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW, NO CHANGES WILL OCCUR BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELIEVE THEY ARE REALLY NEEDED,

YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING BUT SIT BACK WITH YOUR FAMILY, BUSINESS FRIENDS, RELAX, ALONG SIDE AND WITH THOSE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT AND DO NOTHING.

The old cliche' still stands, The MOTHER of Change (invention not necessary because you already know we have all the inventions we need) is Necessity.

The people can impeach their own state federal and city officials any time they choose to.

The fact is most of the local people went to the same school, the same church, and started out in Kindergarten together. So they can't just replace the bum without one of them taking the seat. It's because of their long time together in their parent's businesses and establishments that they can't break up the system. They would have to let an outsider push their buttons.

The only way to beat the so called system is to get on board pushing those neighbors buttons until they see the correct way to change so they all change together. Start with the next kindergarteners, before they reach 1st grade and plant the new system in their classroom and you'll have a new system in time for your funerals, but at least it will be established and working for the new generation.

Get busy pushing the buttons so the house and senate tabled bills you want to get passed, are, and get busy rallying all your family and friends to make your state senator or representative do as you say, so they do not continue to do as you think they do and get them to doing what you want them to.

There will be pain, but the hurt will come, time will heal all, when all things considered is done. The new rules the system has chosen to abide by will be easy for those kindergartners to handle who were prepared for them.

Get the people to stop rallying around the house, and start putting votes in to impeach their senator's and representative's for not doing what the people want. It doesn't take as many people to remove one person from the house or senate. Most people seem to think they must gather outside in a peaceful rally. Do not rush the grounds, Do not try to fight security guards, and Do NOT rush into the house or senate when all it will take is to vote impeach them one and all to get them out of office.

Oh! One last note. UNLESS YOU SEE THAT THE SYSTEM REALLY NEEDS CHANGES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW, NO CHANGES WILL OCCUR BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELIEVE THEY ARE REALLY NEEDED,

YOU WON'T DO ANYTHING BUT SIT BACK WITH YOUR FAMILY, BUSINESS FRIENDS, RELAX, ALONG SIDE AND WITH THOSE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT AND DO NOTHING.

The old cliche' still stands, The MOTHER of Change (invention not necessary because you already know we have all the inventions we need) is Necessity.

I don't hold very much hope that America will come together politically towards anything other than an, in your face human tragedy. Look at what happened during 9/11. We had togetherness for what 4-5 months, if that long. Then the fingers began to be pointed and the tongues began to wag.

We, as a people have the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel puppy. If we aren't hunting for likes on our Facebook account, we are snickering and pointing our fingers at those around us to hopefully distract those who accompany us from pointing and snickering at us. We live in a self important world were instant gratification is the order of the day. We are no more American than a fly climbing a tree in Jamaica, We are Democrats, we are republican or any one of various groups who think the world owes us our own little pathetic patch of ground that is devoid of bother.

The politicians have offered that same simple fantasy to each and every one of us and arrogantly labeled it THE AMERICAN DREAM, The entire idea is repugnant to me, not because it isn't a noble cause, but because anything uniquely AMERICAN has to be saturated by money and buried in the same type of hype that gave us the assumption we could lead the free world and police up the rest.

We are not going to come together on anything, because that demands we put forth a personal effort. Most of us are allergic to that. The break out in sweet and that takes away from our personal time.

The only thing that's going to change the political system in this country is that we become that system and that means removing the importance of all the niceties we've accumulated, grabbing our political leaders by their proverbial necks and shaking the ever loving complacency out of them. If they don't have the fear of us in them, they will find something else to fill up that space and with lobbyists crawling all over the halls of congress, I will give one one guess what they will pick to fill it up with.

You want to see America. Go down to the nearest restaurant and see an entire family, setting around a table with their faces planted in their smart phones. They aren't even talking with each other!

I've heard people talk about corruption. When people see more value in spending time on line than they do, face to face with a human being then you see corruption. what people call corruption in government is just what happens when we try to hold those we send to Washington to a standard that we only wish we could hold. We send them there and we assume everything else will be fine. When they fall, we condemn them for not being the persons we wish we were.

I don't hold very much hope that America will come together politically towards anything other than an, in your face human tragedy. Look at what happened during 9/11. We had togetherness for what 4-5 months, if that long. Then the fingers began to be pointed and the tongues began to wag.

We, as a people have the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel puppy. If we aren't hunting for likes on our Facebook account, we are snickering and pointing our fingers at those around us to hopefully distract those who accompany us from pointing and snickering at us. We live in a self important world were instant gratification is the order of the day. We are no more American than a fly climbing a tree in Jamaica, We are Democrats, we are republican or any one of various groups who think the world owes us our own little pathetic patch of ground that is devoid of bother.

The politicians have offered that same simple fantasy to each and every one of us and arrogantly labeled it THE AMERICAN DREAM, The entire idea is repugnant to me, not because it isn't a noble cause, but because anything uniquely AMERICAN has to be saturated by money and buried in the same type of hype that gave us the assumption we could lead the free world and police up the rest.

We are not going to come together on anything, because that demands we put forth a personal effort. Most of us are allergic to that. The break out in sweet and that takes away from our personal time.

The only thing that's going to change the political system in this country is that we become that system and that means removing the importance of all the niceties we've accumulated, grabbing our political leaders by their proverbial necks and shaking the ever loving complacency out of them. If they don't have the fear of us in them, they will find something else to fill up that space and with lobbyists crawling all over the halls of congress, I will give one one guess what they will pick to fill it up with.

You want to see America. Go down to the nearest restaurant and see an entire family, setting around a table with their faces planted in their smart phones. They aren't even talking with each other!

I've heard people talk about corruption. When people see more value in spending time on line than they do, face to face with a human being then you see corruption. what people call corruption in government is just what happens when we try to hold those we send to Washington to a standard that we only wish we could hold. We send them there and we assume everything else will be fine. When they fall, we condemn them for not being the persons we wish we were.

Angry?! You are angry enough to continue to kick a horse you feel is just faking it's death?

You appear to write very well even though it seems to me your eyes are bloodshot, bulging out of your head, steam may be whistling out of your ears, and your mouth might be seething, while you use your hands to write.

Somehow your hands still work; enabling you to post, post the words that you are absolutely not sure, but you will continue kicking the corpse until it either gets up, or you will continue to kick it enough times that after you do you will know for certain that it 'will' be dead.

Stop! Go take a cold bath or shower! Before you overheat this thread.

I clearly understand my era, my youth, and my life has begun to fade.
My only regret I pondered; I wonder if anything I did was good for the people. I think I did, but I may be unfair judging myself. If not something for all the people, I hope, at least, I got some good from it to share.
I am not sure I have what others might call "done good", either way, actually.
So tonight when I rest with death knocking on some nearby door, reminding me of my own age, I will let my mind open and see if I have ever given enough to a cause so the people get some good out of having had me around.

Angry?! You are angry enough to continue to kick a horse you feel is just faking it's death?

You appear to write very well even though it seems to me your eyes are bloodshot, bulging out of your head, steam may be whistling out of your ears, and your mouth might be seething, while you use your hands to write.

Somehow your hands still work; enabling you to post, post the words that you are absolutely not sure, but you will continue kicking the corpse until it either gets up, or you will continue to kick it enough times that after you do you will know for certain that it 'will' be dead.

Stop! Go take a cold bath or shower! Before you overheat this thread.

I clearly understand my era, my youth, and my life has begun to fade.
My only regret I pondered; I wonder if anything I did was good for the people. I think I did, but I may be unfair judging myself. If not something for all the people, I hope, at least, I got some good from it to share.
I am not sure I have what others might call "done good", either way, actually.
So tonight when I rest with death knocking on some nearby door, reminding me of my own age, I will let my mind open and see if I have ever given enough to a cause so the people get some good out of having had me around.

You know, this is the second time you've personalized what I said and now you've deduced intent behind what I've posted. This usually ends up both parties getting in a food fight with accusations being thrown back and forth, but since I have been doing this for a while stuff like this just runs off my back and I continue forward with the debate.

If you have any arguments or if you need any clarifications on what I post then I would suggest you place in your next post because if you continue concentrating on me instead of the points I am making then I will conclude that you have nothing to confront my posts.

I've seen through my 60+ years of existence the deterioration of human compassion and understanding between those on opposite sides of the political divide. I've seen the devaluation of human decency as people hide behind avatars in debate sites like these in order to assail others in which the disagree.and with all this we are now talking about fixing what some would call a corupt system. We need to work on ourselves and how we see others before we have the clarity to cleanse a system we have allowed to fester into something even we can not stand, No truer words have never been spoken than those who coined the phrase. "We get the Government we deserve"

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed and that extends all the way to the previous post of yours when you seemingly didn't even give me the benefit of a doubt. You asked me nothing there on anything. Was this an over-site or was it intentional?

You are correct, insightful and @kvnchrist I do apologize for my words if they have intent which my words sent. I think we are both looking for a way to do something, but I can't see where I can help so I would be working together, with any and/or all of the people, on one problem at a time.

The biggest problem is, we have several different sides, and they each have their own idea of how to 'fix' them. Most of which, are diametrically opposed.....

The problem is that people don't see a problem, nor has it ever occurred to them that they might be a part of the problem. They refuse to even consider a change in attitude because they been tought that the ends justifies the means which is an open door to every form of depravity known to man. All things are justified and no one is responsible for their own actions.

In August two years ago a woman lost her life after being ran over in Charlottesville, va because of this mindset. She was less than nothing to the driver just because, i think she was wanting a statute removed from a public place of a state that he didn't even reside in.

One can't change the world, but we can personally interact with others and not return aggression for aggression, which might just disarm them from the knee jerk reactions of those who anticipate a fight because they've experienced far to many time the knee jerk reactions of real jerks who just enjoy being jerks.

I will broach this subject only once and only to substantiate where my understanding of the arrogance and the indoctrination of those who count themselves among those who it is inconceivable that they should ever be wrong. I was born and raise in a religious cult and I have experienced those who prejidiced against others, just because of the section of the country that they reside. Some are so proud of their ignorance that they wouldn't change their minds even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary and I'm not just talking about those in the south or those who believe. It's the way they see themselves abouve all else. They just through every excuse that can find against the wall, hoping something will stick, in order to justify them to others.

You are correct, insightful and @kvnchrist I do apologize for my words if they have intent which my words sent. I think we are both looking for a way to do something, but I can't see where I can help so I would be working together, with any and/or all of the people, on one problem at a time.

The biggest problem is, we have several different sides, and they each have their own idea of how to 'fix' them. Most of which, are diametrically opposed.....

I think it would be more accurate to say they want to fix others. They have their own version of paradise they just want others to acknowledge their version and get in goosestep right behind their banner.