ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

I apologize, this is just my opinion. I don’t understand why it was necessary to redo what worked so well. I tried a new design, but I didn’t like it. The navigation bar is inconvenient, the notification window does not translate into my language. Some of the information I need is now not available to me.

I returned to the old one, but now, I regret to see that in fact I have no choice. I read the reviews of other users and most, like me, did not like the new site design. I have a question. Why do the survey, if the Nexus team in any case did as she decided?

Most users were opposed, but the design was changed anyway.

And let me remind you that the new is not always better than the old.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tablet support is broken. I like to browse nexus when I'm on the toilet. Read comments etc.
With the old design I could visit any page. Now when I go to a mod it's a small strip at the bottom and I have to login?

But I can't login. I enter my credentials, press go, and nothing happens.

IMG-032dd4.png

Safari / Chrome
IPad 3, A1416
IOS 8.3

Edited by RangerDulann

In response to post #73633553. #73635868, #73642508 are all replies on the same post.

kestrelhawk wrote: After finding out that everything doesn't show using full screen, I have tried to get used to it, only to end up with a headache, literally. I can't possibly be the only one with vision issues, so is there any way at all that this can work using full screen?
tonycubed2 wrote: Vision issues here too. I second that.
Zaldiir wrote: Which browser are you using? Fullscreen in Firefox shows everything.

Using Google Chrome because it has been working just fine for me. I've tried changing font size and screen size to no avail. I can't even get to 150, I have to stay at 125 or it doesn't display right.

Edit: After juggling font size and screen, I can get it to 150. Doesn't help me read it any better though. I'm not trying to be cantankerous, but changing/adding another browser for one site just doesn't work for me. Edited by kestrelhawk

In response to post #73617903.

PlusUP wrote: I liked the old search feature. Pls put that in again (that search-pop-up). It takes to long to search through all mods when i press enter.
I like this design more but that feature was too good.

I would also like my opinion known about the old search feature.
Could someone explain how "Author" is now "User"?
By process of elimination, I found that using "User" is how you search for mod authors.

I like the idea of the tool bar frozen to the top, I don't have to scroll back up to access another area of the site. Thank you for bringing back the color scheme. As stated by many others notifications is kinda clunky. If I open a notification up in the first screen it will not automatically mark it as read. If I go to View All and open it there then it marks it as read. Or I can click on Mark All Read in the first screen, but for my own personal taste I don't like doing that. There are some notifications I want to read, but later. Thank you for all your team has done.

In response to post #73644443.

Gwanuneg wrote: I apologize, this is just my opinion. I don’t understand why it was necessary to redo what worked so well. I tried a new design, but I didn’t like it. The navigation bar is inconvenient, the notification window does not translate into my language. Some of the information I need is now not available to me.
I returned to the old one, but now, I regret to see that in fact I have no choice. I read the reviews of other users and most, like me, did not like the new site design. I have a question. Why do the survey, if the Nexus team in any case did as she decided?

We have been during the beta and we are still now listening to feedback and have already added some improvements that have been suggested. We understand that it's a new nav and it takes some time to adapt to, but the overwhelming consensus (based on the data we have) does not seem to be what you are insinuating, but rather the opposite. Edited by BigBizkit

In response to post #73617903. #73645423 is also a reply to the same post.

PlusUP wrote: I liked the old search feature. Pls put that in again (that search-pop-up). It takes to long to search through all mods when i press enter.
I like this design more but that feature was too good.
M48A5 wrote: I would also like my opinion known about the old search feature.
Could someone explain how "Author" is now "User"?
By process of elimination, I found that using "User" is how you search for mod authors.

The search popup/preview is still there. The search has not been changed at all in that regard. This seems more like a malfunction on your end or the search service struggling to keep up with requests.

It should still behave like this: https://imgur.com/a/Xt1dIAM

In response to post #73638943. #73639038, #73639228, #73639373, #73639573 are all replies on the same post.

kat1004 wrote: Another unnecessary update to the site's design. At least the previous one was TOLERABLE. This one makes it so you have to click through more things, it's uglier than the previous redesign, and you guys still haven't removed that video at the bottom of mod pages that keeps popping up EVERY TIME you go to a new page.

Why am I not surprised that another bad design update was pushed without ACTUALLY consulting users?
Sonja wrote: "Why am I not surprised that another bad design update was pushed without ACTUALLY consulting users?"

~~~
I'm no defender of this site, and have my own concerns with some of the directions it has went in, and appears to be going in. However, in this particular instance I really have to wonder if (a) we are viewing the same Nexus, because I actually find the new design far more efficient, and (b) whether you bothered to respond to the survey....where you would have had the chance to provide your user input.
kat1004 wrote: A survey that was never made known to me. And a survey that at least 80% of users *probably* never saw. I tried the beta for about a day and if I'd known about any survey, I would've responded to it. I'm noticing a lot of problems. Namely with how many times you have to click to do things. Also, the top bar clashes poorly with the website itself.

I have mild arthritis in my right hand. Technically both, but it's always been worse in the right. I always have since as long as I can remember. And I'm right-handed, so I have to use my right hand for my mouse, which hurts even with a decent mouse. With the previous redesign, ugly as it was, I could get to my favorited games with a single click. I didn't have to use the mouse any longer than necessary to get to things. With this one, you have to click twice. Not the worst thing in the world, no, but that clicking adds up. I've already got arthritis, so I'd *really* rather not get carpal tunnel as well.

Also, what about the annoying ad that always pops up and blocks a portion of the screen? Another click, though that was part of the previous redesign, unless you're so used to ads that it doesn't bother you anymore. Not everyone can afford to get supporter or premium to get rid of the ads, and with adblocker, the download speed is cut in half.
Sonja wrote: Eh... the survey was right on the Beta page, as I recall, and pretty hard to miss.
That said, my honest sympathies that it isn't working out well for you, and that it's aggravating your health. Hopefully, they'll take your feedback here, at least, under advisement.
In the meantime, if it's an option, is it possible for you to create a thumbnail for the pages of your favourite games on your browser home page/Speed Dial? I use Chrome and Opera, primarily, and I find this works quite well.
kat1004 wrote: I never saw the survey, or I would've done it. Granted, I'm always being told I miss obvious things, but they're not obvious to me. And besides, I doubt they're going to seriously take feedback from the comments here. I hope they do, but I doubt they will. They didn't last redesign.

It's an option I've already done, but not one that I like. It's a workaround and while workarounds are good, they're *workarounds*. I'd much rather see Nexus care about their users who might or might not have actual physical problems than have to use a workaround.

(edited for spacing)

it was so obvious, as a "banner" at the near top of nexus page, few weeks ago when they wanted users to try beta version and gave feedback. the "banner" was constantly there and also gave direction for the survey...so not sure how you missed it...or perhaps you just were inactive during that period, but yeah it was there for weeks. Edited by docteure

In response to post #73644443. #73645513 is also a reply to the same post.

Gwanuneg wrote: I apologize, this is just my opinion. I don’t understand why it was necessary to redo what worked so well. I tried a new design, but I didn’t like it. The navigation bar is inconvenient, the notification window does not translate into my language. Some of the information I need is now not available to me.
BigBizkit wrote: We have been during the beta and we are still now listening to feedback and have already added some improvements that have been suggested. We understand that it's a new nav and it takes some time to adapt to, but the overwhelming consensus (based on the data we have) does not seem to be what you are insinuating, but rather the opposite.

Yes, I saw that now I can translate the notification window. Although I still do not understand why this update was needed. Thanks for the quick response. Edited by Gwanuneg