Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

Please make the 'Back to Top' button size with the browser as I often have my browser smaller then full screen. If I set Chrome to vertical 2/3 of the screen, the 'Back to Top' button is hidden on the left, whereas before it would always fit the browser. :) Edited by exlandia

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really prefered it how it was. The key things I do not like is moving the updates with notifications - though I can see why you have done that. What really does not work for me is that the tabs do not retain any memory. I personally like to keep one on Skyrim and one on fallout showing new updated files with certain filters. Now I have to redo this selection every time I go in. Also, the update still does not seem to do what is necessary and really help with finding really good mods that are hidden amongst the masses. Personally I would like to see a way of searching for Keywords (in the description and the file titles) and not necessarily from the main title. I will say though it does look more snazzy. :)

I'm not thrilled with the new design. It's making it less attractive for me to visit the site.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm using 21:9 screen divide in three parts with displayfusion. This puts nexusmods into tablet mode.

And no I don't want to zoom or resize the window, I need the space like it is.

So how about a toggle for this. Or a better detection algorithm.

Same problem here. It looks like someone tried to copy Windows 10 design.

After a few days of using this, here's some feedback:

- The Upload button needs equal margins on the bottom and top. It looks off right now

- Notification colour is a horrible brown (on Skyrim Nexus at least)

- Notifications NEED thumbnails again. This is the only thing I would actively ask for, without them it's a pain.

- Notifications should not disappear on click.

In response to post #73653363.

Drusdrus wrote: Another interface ruined in order to make it more convenient for phones! Are people really using their phones to install mods? It was much more functional before, now its much harder to just browse or search mods from the machine you are using to play them on!

Actually this sucks on phones. On mine I have the white address bar above the moving black strip effectively cutting off a third of the screen and the black strip follows you as you scroll down, really sucks. I can scroll to the top if I need the info on the bar, really I can, it isn't that hard.

In response to post #73693328.

ZI0MATRIX wrote:

I'm not thrilled with the new design. It's making it less attractive for me to visit the site.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm using 21:9 screen divide in three parts with displayfusion. This puts nexusmods into tablet mode.

And no I don't want to zoom or resize the window, I need the space like it is.

So how about a toggle for this. Or a better detection algorithm.

Same problem here. It looks like someone tried to copy Windows 10 design.

It's the mobile/tablet media query kicking in WAY too early

In response to post #73705423.

johnskyrim wrote: After a few days of using this, here's some feedback:

- The Upload button needs equal margins on the bottom and top. It looks off right now
- Notifications NEED thumbnails again. This is the only thing I would actively ask for, without them it's a pain.

For one, it's not margins. It's padding. And the padding is 8px on all four sides.

Yeah, that particular shade of brown is a bit of an eyesore where ever it's used :)

You can still see all your notifications by clicking on "See All"

So where is Mods of the Month now? Where are the mod categories? And why doesn't the Nexus icon at the top of the page take me to the home page of the game I'm already on anymore? It's like there's this desire to push all this new stuff without retaining the best of the things that already worked before.