Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

In response to post #73653363. #73707298, #73718928 are all replies on the same post.

Drusdrus wrote: Another interface ruined in order to make it more convenient for phones! Are people really using their phones to install mods? It was much more functional before, now its much harder to just browse or search mods from the machine you are using to play them on!
bigd4450 wrote: Actually this sucks on phones. On mine I have the white address bar above the moving black strip effectively cutting off a third of the screen and the black strip follows you as you scroll down, really sucks. I can scroll to the top if I need the info on the bar, really I can, it isn't that hard.
johnskyrim wrote: I know for design functionality, a lot of sites need to have an easy transition between desktop and mobile versions. However, I really can't see there being a huge percentage of mobile users for this site and even if there are 3 mobile games that allow mods, was it worth it to change the entire site based on that?

Really just good for lunch breaks and quiet moments alone while the grandkids are being monsters in the hallway. Just how much this sucks on my phone, as type this there is a half inch wide bar at the top for the address bar, another half inch of the "convenient " black bar, 2 and a half inches of keyboard. Leaving about a quarter of an inch screen to type in. By the way "convenient " was ment with all of the sarcasm I could possibly muster.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the update I just had to hover over my games and click on them. Now I have to click to open the menu and then click on the game. <= that's not an improvement.

Also when I tried to add a new game, I didn't have a clue where to find it. In the old navigation you simply clicked on a empty slot and choose the game.

Can you please bring those functions back? It feels as with the new navigation the website became more rigid instead of more flexible.

And I like to know where the option is to disable the Vortex Advertisement.

Edit:

There should also be a possibility to arrange your games within the navigation. That's what I didn't like on the old and now on the new UI.

Edited by slingshotnetworks

Would you be so kind to replace "view more" button for the mods, media and news tabs with page navigation? The classic design had this feature back in the days, and I, personally, really miss it. I find the "view more" button rather annoying and infuriating, and I don't use it much. I know page thingy may not look as trendy and modern compared to the button, but at least it'd be helpful.

https://sun9-99.userapi.com/c855224/v855224114/10ff91/LFKIc1XL9gY.jpg

Edited by ShinglesCat

In response to post #73705423. #73712458, #73718798 are all replies on the same post.

johnskyrim wrote: After a few days of using this, here's some feedback:

- The Upload button needs equal margins on the bottom and top. It looks off right now
- Notification colour is a horrible brown (on Skyrim Nexus at least)
- Notifications NEED thumbnails again. This is the only thing I would actively ask for, without them it's a pain.
- Notifications should not disappear on click.
chrishpz wrote: - The Upload button needs equal margins on the bottom and top. It looks off right now
For one, it's not margins. It's padding. And the padding is 8px on all four sides.

- Notification colour is a horrible brown (on Skyrim Nexus at least)
Yeah, that particular shade of brown is a bit of an eyesore where ever it's used :)

- Notifications should not disappear on click.
You can still see all your notifications by clicking on "See All"
johnskyrim wrote: For one, you do not need to explain css terminology to me. I did not inspect source just so that I could write a smart comment. The fact remains, it is not equal VISUALLY and needs to be compensated as such. Either that or I'll just write my own Stylus override (which seems like it it will be necessary at this point)

Why would I want to visit a separate page to view my notifications? It's not good design.

Also to further add, it is not immediately intuitive on how to view all of your mods. Before there was simply a "Manage my mods" button, however the new update "MY MODS >" just looks like a category header.

Just to echo johnskyrim here, I absolutely need the thumbnails back. A title alone isn't enough information for me to know whether it's worth opening.

And yeah, the notification colour looks s#*&#33;. Bright red or blue, please.

Uh, why automatically switch to mobile design at a certain magnification? At the very least, make this optional, please.

Also, more clicks is not better and if I had not read a comment about the magnification I would have been quite disappointed. Now, it's, eh, workable, if still far more clicks required to do a fair bit of things.

In response to post #73772748.

anubis822 wrote: Any way to get the search bar to actually work? I type in what I'm looking for, click on the link, and nothing happens. I have to go to Google, search for what I want and click on the link there. It kinda sucks.

Could you be more specific?
There is currently a bug when clicking the bold section of "Quicksearch returned 50 of ?1751 results in 23ms." which we are aware of, but you can get around this by pressing enter until the fix is live.

If it's something different we'd like to know. :)