Download system overhauled on site and in NMM

Dark0ne

Just for those who don't seem to know. NMM is an open beta release. Beta means it is unfinished and being tested. So please don't expect it to be perfect - it is being tested. Open beta means anyone is welcome to help test it. all you have to do to help test is download and install it, then post bug reports. For details, read the NMM page under 'open beta' http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/modmanager/ :thumbsup:

Yes, we know it has problems. that's why it is still beta. Please help us to find the problems - ranting about how awful it is is and whining that it doesn't work right are not helping. Telling us what the problems you found, and the conditions that contributed to those problems does help. But the most help is to upload a bug report in the BUG report forum - uploading a report in some random forum may be missed. Here is the proper place for bug reports. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/

If you do not wish to help with the beta testing - it is not required that you post bug reports, however, use it at your own risk. And PLEASE read the open beta explanation.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in my eyes I WAS posting about an error that has occurred for me, (and not for the first time), but that it has now stopped occurring, and Dark0ne explained that the error message I was getting was not necessarily a correct reflection of what was really happening, which was actually a login server issue rather than me being an absent minded old bat forgetting my password. And I'm quite happy with that.

So I really don't see the problem with what I posted.

Well, in my eyes I WAS posting about an error that has occurred for me, (and not for the first time), but that it has now stopped occurring, and Dark0ne explained that the error message I was getting was not necessarily a correct reflection of what was really happening, which was actually a login server issue rather than me being an absent minded old bat forgetting my password. And I'm quite happy with that.

So I really don't see the problem with what I posted.

GInny...I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that BBen was not talking to you or about your post in any way.

I seem to be having a problem with the user interface when using a larger than default text size under windows (I use Medium 125%). The menus run off the box and it is not possible to resize the dialog boxes. Could you add the option to resize the menus?

If you download 2 files, you'll download at 500kb/second for each file. 4 downloads would be 250kb/sec per file. And so on and so forth.

Does this ever get reset in time? Or does it eventually dwindle to nothing until we are forced to find another site to get mods from, sorry if you mentioned this but I didn't see it anywhere and Ive just noticed this post (Been taking a break from Skyrim). It will defiantly reduce the amount of downloading from here from non-premium members thats for sure. Ive drastically reduced the number of mods I have installed and have to keep updated and once a mod works well (ie no crashes like bathing beauties 5.0) I simply stop updating it so I can save my downloads for important mods like Skyre (And no more armor or companion mods for me, but I have a ton now anyway) I paid to download here before, but unfortunately my life has dramatically changed and I simply can't afford to pay to download free mods anymore hell Im lucky if I pay the rent on time :(

If you download 2 files, you'll download at 500kb/second for each file. 4 downloads would be 250kb/sec per file. And so on and so forth.

Does this ever get reset in time? Or does it eventually dwindle to nothing until we are forced to find another site to get mods from, sorry if you mentioned this but I didn't see it anywhere and Ive just noticed this post (Been taking a break from Skyrim). It will defiantly reduce the amount of downloading from here from non-premium members thats for sure. Ive drastically reduced the number of mods I have installed and have to keep updated and once a mod works well (ie no crashes like bathing beauties 5.0) I simply stop updating it so I can save my downloads for important mods like Skyre (And no more armor or companion mods for me, but I have a ton now anyway) I paid to download here before, but unfortunately my life has dramatically changed and I simply can't afford to pay to download free mods anymore hell Im lucky if I pay the rent on time :(

There is a 1000kb/sec (1MB/sec) limit for non-Premium members AT ANY GIVEN TIME. (That's what the "/sec" means... "per second".)

You never hit a limit on the total amount you can download from the Nexus. You can download as much as you want, just not all at once! :laugh:

And everything depends on your internet connection as well. Mine has been total crapola lately due to the actual router, I know it hasn't been Nexus Mod Manager or Nexus causing the slow speeds.

New router is on the way after me beating up BT...

Ok thanks for the response

EDIT: Oh!! Ok I understand, I thought you cut the speed we can download at for each file permanently, So I was thinking that after we download one file, the next two files we download, when ever that would be, would be at half speed, and so on until any file we download would be so slow that it would be pointless.. Ugg sorry, my bad.

ANOTHER EDIT: And yes I'm an idiot for completely misunderstanding the new download system lol

Edited by ShadowTek