⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Spoilers from beta 1.8

Mardoxx

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that I say they are not the best doesn't necessarily mean that there is anyone who has overtaken them. There isn't a best or better, just a mess of mediocrity. They are now just another one in a morass of indifferent games/games companies. They make no attempt to correct the major bugs and just rush on to the next DLC, and the patches wreck more than they fix.

The fact that I say they are not the best doesn't necessarily mean that there is anyone who has overtaken them. There isn't a best or better, just a mess of mediocrity. They are now just another one in a morass of indifferent games/games companies. They make no attempt to correct the major bugs and just rush on to the next DLC, and the patches wreck more than they fix.

That statement could only be true if there are other games out there that have met this level of content. So let me ask you again. Where are they? I have played other adventure rpg's that have been good and interesting, but none with the open world setup that Skyrim has.

Either way, declaring that all the games of this genre are mediocre doesn't dispute exactly defend your position. Clearly Bethesda is doing as well as anyone else if that's the case.

Edited by Stemin

Oh do stop lecturing, I am entitled to my opinion as is anyone. Content level is something of a red herring, when the quality isn't anything to write home about. I mislike paying for shoddy goods, and the fact that Bethesda have lost all inclination to fix what is broken. No company who treat their buying public like that are ever going to have me worshipping at their shrine.

I gotta agree with Ginny on this one. Don't get me wrong, I love Skyrim. Loved previous games, too. Or at least Morrowind.

But. And this is a HUGE freekin but.

The game is prone to some very annoying bugs. At this point, the major ones I experienced on my last playthrough (back in march) have actually been fixed, so my experience has improved - blood on the ice, anyone? - but.. have you checked out frostflow lighthouse?

i've only done it on one character so far, so i haven't been able to reproduce it, but when I took lydia in the dungeon area to play thorugh it about a month ago it was such a pita I wanted to just go back and ignore the entire area for good.

The navmesh was so problematic lydia would get stuck doing the stupidest things, or simply stuck to the extent that almost nothing i did would fix it. I tried restarting the game, waiting etc for the auot-teleport, fus'ro dah'ing her forward, and so many other things that it wasn't funny.

Fact is, there are still areas of the game that are unpolished - and l'm not talking minor details here, i'm talking playability. Frostflow was pretty bad.

That's not mentioning other glitches i've had on this series of playthroughs - i had to abandon my last character because no matter what i did the db quest line wouldn't let me start the next part.

I'm pretty sur ei've ran into other glitches since i started up again, but can't think of them atm.

Point is, qa is definitely an issue - maybe during the first few months of the game i could give them a break, but if an issue exists (and is serious) for an extended period of time, somethings' wrong. That's happened several times that i know of.

And I have just been reading another thread that seems to confirm that they have introduced another bug with this patch - inability to save after/during the Waking Nightmare quest. As Slainia says, poor QA.

And I have just been reading another thread that seems to confirm that they have introduced another bug with this patch - inability to save after/during the Waking Nightmare quest. As Slainia says, poor QA.

funny, I've done that quest since the patch was released, was able to save during it just fine.

That statement could only be true if there are other games out there that have met this level of content. So let me ask you again. Where are they? I have played other adventure rpg's that have been good and interesting, but none with the open world setup that Skyrim has.

Either way, declaring that all the games of this genre are mediocre doesn't dispute exactly defend your position. Clearly Bethesda is doing as well as anyone else if that's the case.

Ok quick answer Gothic 3, same level of content, massive world space to tromp around in and a more efficient bug team. Their patches didn't break as many new things as our current Bethsada programmers have. I have played the TES series from the nascent beginnings and this particular offering has been a bug fest with each patch breaking as much as it fixed. Am sorry but Ginny is correct in her appraisal in my opinion. I have no problem playing through a game till the bug patches fix things but each new BS patch leaves me with more trepidation than anticipation.

Edited by Aurielius