⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Spoilers from beta 1.8

Mardoxx

Of course they knew of it before hand. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't argue this point. The save file bloat was an issue that plagued Fallout 3's PS3 release. This isn't a new issue. Moreover, before the game's release Bethesda gave out the game a day earlier for websites like IGN to review. Guess what, they only gave out the PC and 360 versions for review. If you think that's a coincidence you're even more oblivious than I thought.

The so called save-game bloat is an issue that effects all the versions of the game, it is ONLY because of the PS3's poor design that it causes it to be a serious problem.

Furthermore, given that Skyrim uses a remade engine, the possibility that the same game bloat was gone very well existed. Your argument of "it was in Fallout 3 thus they KNEW it would be in Skyrim is akin to saying "well it was in Unreal 2's engine, so it MUST be in Unreal 3 engine"

Fatal flaw? You have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that the Playstation 3 splits its memory isn't a flaw but merely a design choice. A design choice Bethesda has had AMBLE time to adapt their game around. The same design choice studios like Infinity Ward and Rockstar already have worked around.

And yet both CoD and GTA games work worse on the Ps3 then they do on the xbox or PC,they haven't worked around it, they just negated it to a mild extent.

but then again, neither GTA or CoD have as many constant world interactions as Skyrim.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The so called save-game bloat is an issue that effects all the versions of the game, it is ONLY because of the PS3's poor design that it causes it to be a serious problem.

Furthermore, given that Skyrim uses a remade engine, the possibility that the same game bloat was gone very well existed. Your argument of "it was in Fallout 3 thus they KNEW it would be in Skyrim is akin to saying "well it was in Unreal 2's engine, so it MUST be in Unreal 3 engine"

Troll harder. There is much more different between Unreal Engine 2 and 3 than between Fallout 3 and Skyrim. For crying out loud the kids are practically using the same game models.

And yet both CoD and GTA games work worse on the Ps3 then they do on the xbox or PC,they haven't worked around it, they just negated it to a mild extent.

More bullcrap. The difference in graphics is incredibly small, and in GTA's case it actually runs BETTER on PS3. *stifles laughter* And why in the heck would you even bring up the PC version?! In virtually every case a game will run best on a PC.

Troll harder. There is much more different between Unreal Engine 2 and 3 than between Fallout 3 and Skyrim. For crying out loud the kids are practically using the same game models.

Much of the difference between Fallout 3 and Skyrim comes in under the hood mechanics and scripting, not visual changes.

More bullcrap. The difference in graphics is incredibly small, and in GTA's case it actually runs BETTER on PS3. *stifles laughter* And why in the heck would you even bring up the PC version?! In virtually every case a game will run best on a PC.

Never mentioned anything about graphics at all, I dont really know what point you were trying to make.

And no, GTA, does not run better on PS3.

Much of the difference between Fallout 3 and Skyrim comes in under the hood mechanics and scripting, not visual changes.

Sure, which is why creating new dialogue is done in virtually the same way as the last Elder Scrolls. Skyrim's engine has hardly made huge strides like the Unreal Engine.

And no, GTA, does not run better on PS3.

Define runs better then. A two or three FPS difference, or faster load times and better texture pop in. PS3 Has the latter by the way.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/grand-theft-auto-iv-ps3-vs-xbox-360-special-article

Edited by Kraeten

Sure, which is why creating new dialogue is done in virtually the same way as the last Elder Scrolls. Skyrim's engine has hardly made huge strides like the Unreal Engine.

Papyrus just to name one thing.

Define runs better then. A two or three FPS difference, or faster load times and better texture pop in. PS3 Has the latter by the way.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/grand-theft-auto-iv-ps3-vs-xbox-360-special-article

Considering that you will be spending most of the game playing the game, FPS trumps pretty much everything.

Papyrus just to name one thing.

One thing. I'm sure we're all impressed. And now to end this. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-bethesda-knew-skyrim-had-a-bad-memory-situation-on-ps3

They knew and released a flawed Skyrim anyway. You've lost, Kindly go troll elsewhere.

Considering that you will be spending most of the game playing the game, FPS trumps pretty much everything.

2 to 3 frame difference trumps texture popin and load times. Not sure if everyone would agree with you.

Edited by Kraeten

One thing. I'm sure we're all impressed. And now to end this. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-bethesda-knew-skyrim-had-a-bad-memory-situation-on-ps3

They knew and released a flawed Skyrim anyway. You've lost, Kindly go troll elsewhere.

You are aware of the difference between could and can right? Please tell me you do.

Knowing that something might happen =/= you knew it would happen.

I swear, your argument because more nonsensical as you go along.

2 to 3 frame difference trumps texture popin and load times. Not sure if everyone would agree with you.

Most people I know dont really care about load times unless they are ungodly long like 4 minutes or something.

sajuukkhar9000, why are you so keen to defend the indefensible, ie Bethesda? You only have to look on these forums, any other games forum, heck even on their official forums the discontent surfaces briefly before they lock or remove the threads. You can find any number of bug reports, not all of which are due to mods, as people are having issues with Dawnguard whether or not they have mods. Not for nothing are Bethesda referred to as Bugthesda, but at least with previous games I have always found that they have patched and eventually got around to fixing bugs as well as releasing DLC. But I have NEVER had bugs as glaring as I have had with Skyrim, and I have always run heavily modded games. Whether with Morrowind (one bug with the Telvanni bride quest easily fixed with the console), Oblivion (never a single game breaker)or FO3 or FONV, nothing has had as many clangers as Skyrim for me. So it really seems like a slap in the face when all they care about is pumping out more DLC, rather than fixing what is broken.

sajuukkhar9000, why are you so keen to defend the indefensible, ie Bethesda? You only have to look on these forums, any other games forum, heck even on their official forums the discontent surfaces briefly before they lock or remove the threads. You can find any number of bug reports, not all of which are due to mods, as people are having issues with Dawnguard whether or not they have mods. Not for nothing are Bethesda referred to as Bugthesda, but at least with previous games I have always found that they have patched and eventually got around to fixing bugs as well as releasing DLC. But I have NEVER had bugs as glaring as I have had with Skyrim, and I have always run heavily modded games. Whether with Morrowind (one bug with the Telvanni bride quest easily fixed with the console), Oblivion (never a single game breaker)or FO3 or FONV, nothing has had as many clangers as Skyrim for me. So it really seems like a slap in the face when all they care about is pumping out more DLC, rather than fixing what is broken.

When did I ever say that Skyrim has no bugs? Or that the bugs it does have are in no way game breaking? Ohh wait, never, the game is buggy, and I never denied that.

What I do deny is the incessant whining of people who have zero idea of what it takes to develop a game. You really think the developers at Bethesda sit there and go "WELP BUGS ARE HERE BUT LETS IGNORE DEM!"?

No, Bethesda doesn't fix all the bugs because they simply cant, they don't have the budget to, and in games like Skyrim, games that have millions of possible interactions, the number of bugs will be far greater then any other game, and many of those bugs will have to remain unfixable.

In a perfect world where money and time don't exist, Bethesda would fix all the bugs, but this isn't a perfect world, and we should be thankful Bethesda let modders do what they could not.

And I defend Bethesda because I'm tired of seeing whiny, entitled, ****** constantly complain about things they either have no understanding of, or chose willingly to not understand, and have this entitled belief of "Bethesda should do everything I want when I want it", and "Bethesda not fixing every single bug is outrageous". It's that sort of attitude that makes me hate calling myself a gamer nowadays.

We should be glad Bethesda has fixed what they did, and we should be even more glad that Bethesda lets modders make the unofficial patches, If any other company made Skyrim, with as many bugs, like Activison, we would see 1 patch, then they would be all working on Elder Scrolls 6, and there would be no mods, so all the other bugs would NEVER get fixed.

The attitude of gamers nowadays is frankly revolting.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

The attitude of gamers nowadays is frankly revolting.

I'm with you. I was a victim of crippling save bloat on the PS3 and yes I raged but that was after 40 hours of gameplay. How many modern games even give you 40 hours gameplay nowadays?

Got it on PC after and I have not had any problems that were not caused by my noobiness at adding mods. I had NO problems with dawnguard. So maybe I got a magical non buggy copy of the game :biggrin:

The fact is Bethesda are going on 8 patches now, they are not ignoring us. By todays standards this is a non issue.