BLOG PIECE: Nexus development and expansion philosophy

Dark0ne

I'd love to see a civ v nexus. im part of the comunity at civ fantics and they're a great group and they have thousands of mods but its somewhat hard to navigate. I don't if the civ fanatics group as a whole though would want a nexus.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really benefit the World of Warcraft community to have yet another mod site for that game spring up? Well, it would be nice to have an alternative to [Blocked URL: Spamming mod authors with advertising links].... I don't think that the Blizzard Entertainment player base and community is THAT different from the Bethesda player base and community...

Since everybody is patting Dark0ne and Nexus on the back, I'll add my own kudos. I appreciate this kind of update post, and many of the things it touched on are reasons why I coughed up for a premium membership. I'm not a fan of sites that expand for the sake of expansion or financial gain, then can't support those expansions without begging for more money. Nor do I think much of sites that try to be so big that they lose sight of basic issues like usability, security, and moderating (I can find what I'm looking for here, have never gotten a virus from a Nexus download, and don't see many of the snarky "you're a loser and a moron" posts that are so common in other places).

Thanks for the update and for running such a great website.

i love the site, makes the series so much more interesting when I have things like Tundra Defense. I dont know how to make a site and for you to put together one so accessible and visually appealing is pretty rad. However, if I may be so bold. I wish you could do I small article on MERP. PLease. The guys theyre said you all knew eachother, if so, dont let theyre baby be eaten by wolves. Sick hyperbole but in a sense true. They spent over 5 years making a dope mod for us to use, and they are gettin shut down. I just think that if this site ran 1 awareness article that would bring thousands of more signatures to the petition against WB. Anyways love your site regardless of what you choose to do. Edited by mustardman

Just to play devils advocate here... .. .

how do you plan to compete with steamworkshop? I mean now it is not really a contest.. but when steam is on the next gen consoles and mods are working for console and pc form the one store... dose a site like this have a huge future? While i love this site.. maybe it is time to start thinking of catering more to creators rather than users?

It is not a competition. Steam Workshop and Nexus complement each-other. One draws more people to the modding scene (Workshop), and the other serve as a place for people who have gone past the simple features of the Workshop and are ready for new challenges and more control, as well as a place for the users to give (proper) feedback and and get mod support, as well as a lot of other things.

Nexus did turn out a bit better there, and as everyone knows, I am not biased in this case AT ALL!

@ DaChunK; We already have a Neverwinter Nights Nexus. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir

just though of another series that would be great to have on nexus, sins of a solar empire, its another series with lots of great mods, but like x3 lack structure with its forums. Can be very difficult at times to find what your looking for.