ENBs should not be allowed on the front page

JarlBrogruf

All these ENBs that are hosted on the nexus are just slight modifications of the same text file, its just people are too lazy to edit it themselves so people upload their own. I think having 2 or more clog up the front page every other week hides the actual hard work other people on the site do.

Whilst I'm usually reluctant to start telling people what they should or shouldn't upload I'm in full agreement with you here, these are just small of edits of a text file, something that could easily be done on a forum thread. Most of them are cataract simulators anyway, there are very few good ones.

I don't even know what "ENB" means, and since my pc likely can't push such pretty visuals, I haven't downloaded one, but I have been curious about where they're all coming from. I looked for the "original" mod the other day just to see what it was all about, but too many to sift through when I don't really know what the mod is. :P

TL;DR: Please stop cluttering the site with various versions of the same mod.

I agree. Now I do have a powerful PC but I haven't ever downloaded an ENB because I honestly do not know what they really do in game and how much damage they can do, so I leave well alone.

But yep, as jim_uk and the OP have said, they are just text edits (I do know THAT about them) and they clog up the front page. I'll come on the site and roll my eyes "OMG not another ENB...".

That's not the only page they clog up-I tried to find the original, but there's so many teeney-weeney "I added a single freckle on the underside pof the foot" changes that I actually couldn't find the original mod. I would suggest another way to do it would be an ENB section, allowing the mods to remain, but be where they aren't in the road.

That's not the only page they clog up-I tried to find the original, but there's so many teeney-weeney "I added a single freckle on the underside pof the foot" changes that I actually couldn't find the original mod. I would suggest another way to do it would be an ENB section, allowing the mods to remain, but be where they aren't in the road.

The "original" or main files for ENB are not hosted on the Nexus.

As for whether or not ENB's deserve hot file status *shrugs* if we wanted to exclude every mod that's a slight tweak on an original file we'd have to get rid of all the retextures, mesh replacers, follower tweaks, ini tweaks and probably a good 75% of the other mods on Nexus. Hardly seems fair.

Not all of them are just text edits. For instance mine comes with its own weather mod which, when combined with the ENB editing itself (which is a rather painstaking process if you actually try to do it properly and not just whack any old values in) has taken somewhere in the region of 100 hours to create and test. There is currently only one ENB mod on the front page, I hardly call that clogging up. There are endless skimpy armour and anime mods and tweaks of the same face textures over and over again that also come along and I do not really care for these things but I would never, ever squat and poop on someones hard work like you guys have and ask for it to be removed from the front page!

I think the hundreds, well in-fact thousands, of people who have downloaded, enjoyed and endorsed various ENB profiles will will disagree with you. You can't ban an entire category from the fron page because there are lots of rushed or badly made downloads in that category. Everybody has to start somewhere and so you have to expect ENB mods that are not particularly destined to get anywhere, just like with every other type of mod.

The new version of my ENB/weather mod is almost ready and I would be rather insulted if after over 100 endorsements, over 200 user screenshots, countless images posted by users using it in the imageshare and over 100 hours of work I was unable to upload it to my mod page and instead had to relegate it to some backwater forum thread where I couldn't post the various preview images, install instructions and so on and so forth without it getting lost in hundreds of other peoples posts.

You people have really offended me and I think you are rather inconsiderate of other peoples feelings and hard work, the first case of this I have come across in the Nexus community.

I certainly will not be renewing my premium membership (yes many ENB tweakers are premium members and supporters of this community) which expired today if my work is going to be relegated in such a way.

You people have really offended me and I think you are rather inconsiderate of other peoples feelings and hard work, the first case of this I have come across in the Nexus community.

I certainly will not be renewing my premium membership (yes many ENB tweakers are premium members and supporters of this community) which expired today if my work is going to be relegated in such a way.

First let me make my position clear: I do not like ENB, or rather I should say that I have tried several and have not been impressed in the least with any of them. Having said that, I agree with your assessment entirely. It *would be* (that is important) unfair to block ENB, or any other specific type of mod from displaying on the front page. If it were to happen, which type would be next? The 'candidates' would be legion. All that aside, I fail to see why you are getting so bent out of shape in this. Look at the title of this forum. It is a feedback and suggestion forum. This thread was just that... a suggestion from an individual -- everybody is entitled to their own opinion. To say you are offended by a suggestion and as a result refuse to renew your premium status is... baffling. When you release *anything* into the public domain, you are going to get opposition which, for your own sanity, you need to look at objectively, and (a great deal of the time) with a large pinch of salt.

Hot files are hot files because it's what the majority of people are endorsing at any given time. It's a popularity contest. Ergo, if you disagree with a hot file being a hot file then you are a minority, not a majority, and coming here to complain about it is counter-intuitive to what the hot file system is actually there to show. Think about it.

All these ENBs that are hosted on the nexus are just slight modifications of the same text file, its just people are too lazy to edit it themselves so people upload their own. I think having 2 or more clog up the front page every other week hides the actual hard work other people on the site do.

:rolleyes: This has to be one fo the most thoughtless comment I've ever read..... no offence meant, I'm really trying to stay polite.

And this is one of these moments when I'm in lack of words.... I'm french, my english is pretty limited, and such a statement would deserve some fine vocabulary in response. Anyway.... :facepalm:

Modifications of the same "text file" ?

ENB is made of several files building a post-processing graphics method. In most of them, you'll find shaders coding.

Making an ENB is not about changing some values here in there in the .ini file, besides I could agree some are ONLY doing this. Making an ENB is about modifying the way those shaders act and react, and it's much more interesting and deep than turning some "knobs" in the .ini.

Slight modifications ? :wallbash:

Would you consider that when Matso has coded the Bokeh Depth of Field effect (wich is inexistant in any ENB you' ll find on enbdev), he only did a "slight" modification ? Adding 600 lines of code ? :biggrin: Creating (I just said "Creating" ) new effects ?

Frankly..... I could spend 2 hours or more listing why you are totally wrong. But it would be pointless.

Let's do it simple and let's face it : I highly suggest you people should rename this thread "Come discuss about something you absolutely don't know ! " instead.

Cause, basing on what I'm reading here, it's all about that. Pure ignorance and talking in the wind.

People are free to share any work they do, since it's respectfull of this site's rules.

People are free to download it, endorse it if they feel like. People are free to leave it.

I really don't figure out HOW some mod are "hiding" any other one..... :facepalm:

No mod has to be removed, since it's respectfull of rules and of people.

What should definitely be removed is basic and pointless hatred, that's for sure. :biggrin:

@Dark0ne :

+ 1