Star Wars Epidode 7

JimboUK

Well it looks like we'll finally be getting it http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/9644392/Disney-buys-Lucasfilm-for-4bn-and-will-release-new-Star-Wars-films.html I'm not sure how I feel about Disney taking control of the franchise, it's nice that Lucas has finally moved out of the way but I really don't want Micky Mouse in space.

If a passing mod could fix my typo in the title I'd appreciate it, the horrors of touchscreens and monkey hands.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars died for me when those god awful prequels came out. Honestly can't believe I spent money to go see those back in the day, fell asleep at one point during all of them :P

I still don't see how they are going to continue the story of Luke, Leia, and Han. Are they all going to be CG? Or are they just going to find "hot young sexy actors" to "revive" them? I really don't see Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, or Carrie Fisher going along with this at all.

The bar already sank with the prequels, have a bad feeling Disney is gonna make it go a heck of a lot lower.

Edited by Illiad86

Star Wars died for me when those god awful prequels came out. Honestly can't believe I spent money to go see those back in the day, fell asleep at one point during all of them :P

I still don't see how they are going to continue the story of Luke, Leia, and Han. Are they all going to be CG? Or are they just going to find "hot young sexy actors" to "revive" them? I really don't see Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, or Carrie Fisher going along with this at all.

The bar already sank with the prequels, have a bad feeling Disney is gonna make it go a heck of a lot lower.

Not to mention the countless books that have long been considered canon suddenly becoming worthless. Apparently, they are not turning the novels into movies, but going an entirely different direction with the story :facepalm: I wanted to see the Truce of Bakura on the big screen, or even the Yuuzahn Vong invasion.

The only possible good that could come of this is another X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter game.

There was a good X Wing vs Tie Fighter game? Whoda thunk it?

I have my doubts about this direction but I did enjoy Tron: Legacy so I suppose all is not lost for disney, however as far as i'm concerned the SW saga is done so anything that they can conjure better be pretty damn spectacular. I would say I don't won't moaning sulky kids which seems to be 'in' at the moment but Lucas milked that theme dry with pissy pants anakin so anything else must be an improvement...surely? SURELY!

I would say I don't won't moaning sulky kids which seems to be 'in' at the moment but Lucas milked that theme dry with pissy pants anakin so anything else must be an improvement...surely? SURELY!

Sending it off to Pixar and making it geared primarily towards children as a way to bring new life into the franchise (think Ewok Adventure) could potentially be a bad thing.

Quite frankly, I think they would be best off just tossing the original trilogy and prequels aside as the defining parts of that universe, and just go and explore other parts of that universe after the death of the emperor. It's more risky, but it also carries less of the same baggage and would allow Disney to make it their own.

Sending it off to Pixar and making it geared primarily towards children as a way to bring new life into the franchise (think Ewok Adventure) could potentially be a bad thing.

could = will, potentially = definately :tongue:

Quite frankly, I think they would be best off just tossing the original trilogy and prequels aside as the defining parts of that universe.

Well I can't see how they would have a choice otherwise to get any kind of success. Needless to say our generation will not be the target audience as this is an attempt to revive a dying cash cow in the name of capitalism.

Edited by Ironman5000