ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

If You Had The Chance

Faust870

If you had the chance to relocate yourself to any time imaginable... when/where/why would you go there?

Personally I would go to the Medieval Times... so roughly 1200's (IIRC, i cant believe im not sure about this since im so facinated by it) or so...I am truely in love with this era... I loved the way of way, and the way of life (dirty as it was)... Ever since I saw my first sword, I wished I was alive around that time... who knows, if there is a thing called reincarnaton... perhaps i was King Arthur, or the great Sir Lancelot... :P

Please move to offtopic :( I put in Debates becasue im stoopy :P

My, my, my... That would be something, wouldn’t it. but to answer your question, I think I would go to the future (as indefinite as it is). I would like to see how we as a society and human race in general have evolved (mentally, but perhaps physically as well). Probably go 1,000 years... That would be something.

Well, Faust, before I answer I am going to ask you what control I have over the class of person I go back as? I would probably be regarded as a white-collar worker (not that I've worn a white collar in years!). If I chose ancient Egypt, this would I suppose equate to a scribe. I certainly wouldn't want to be a slave!

Perhaps I could be a patron of the arts in the Italian Renaissance, or an intrepid explorer in the uncharted reaches of Africa in the late 18th century. But these would require a need for resources beyond my current means.

So can I 'level up' as it were?

I'd like to go back to Ancient Athens, around the year 400 BC and there I want to talk to Sokrates, Platon and Aristoteles... disguised as a philosopher from far away who wants to hear the wisdom of those great philosophers.

I would be also cool to go back to North America of the past (18th/19th century) and to learn something about now extinct indian tribes (like the Mandan). I personally would like to meet Tecumseh, Sitting Bull, Red Cloud and all the other famous indian chiefs. There I would try to look like a trapper or even an Indian trader, so I could move between the different tribes.

And of course I want to find out if king Arthur really existed. For that I would have to go back to Britain around 5th/6th century AC. There I would be a celtic warrior or chief.

I also would like to meet Mohammed and some of his successors. Also Saladin would be an interesting person to meet. Well, when I'm there I could also go visit Richard Lionheart. Here of course I have to be once a good muslim and the other time a knight.

And what about William Wallace? Would be somehow cool to meet him too... Disguised as a Scottsman from the Highlands...

Probably between the late 30's-late 60's. The people of the time really changed the world. From Churchill and Roosevelt to Che and Fidel.

I would also like to meet Jesus Christ. To see what he would feel of his preachings turned into religion, to know how he felt as he learned of his place in history.

Wesaynothin, you make a good point. I'd love the chance to go back to those times and finally prove beyond any doubt that christianity is a lie.

Other than that, send me to about 4000 so I can get to live in all those science fiction stories.

I don't think I'd want to go to any other time. I like now. In any case, all those places in the past require learning difficult languages and dressing like an idiot (pantaloons/codpiece/giant ruffs/toga/weird-coloured jumpsuits anyone?)

In any case the biggest thing I have against most of the past is the fact that so many people didn't believe in having a shower/bath more than once a year. The stench must have been unbearable. There's no way I want to live through that, even if I do get to see all those ye olde places.

EDIT: I know that there are lots of people around today who don't wash, but they're not everywhere like in the old days.

I'd much rather just live a lot longer as a young person. Life's just too much fun to miss it visiting the long-dead.

I'd love the chance to go back to those times and finally prove beyond any doubt that christianity is a lie.

....lol, wow.

Assuming I could speak the language, I would want to go back to Ancient Greece or sometime during the Roman Empire.

Or I would just wanna live back in the days of the Wild West ^_^

But mostly, I would want to go back to the early 70's during a Led Zeppelin concert.... ho damn that'd be kickass.

-val

Archived