Mothership Zeta Crew ¿Romance? Referendum

Nylonathathep

Mothership Zeta Crew Romance Options  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to implement a romance system?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.
    • I'll decide after you finish the main plot and all characters are shown, you lazy bastard!
  2. 2. Preferred Female

3. 3. Preferred Male

I've never met a person who still thinks that the male should be providing for and protect the female. Infact, if you go up to most people on the street and ask "Should the male have to take care of the female?" even rapist scum douchebags would go "No, women are fully capable of taking care of themselves. They do not need to be taken care of.".

Anecdotal evidence is not statistically useful. Mind you, that's what I thought his reasoning was and divorce because women end up losing respect for the man for being a stay at home dad does happen, as the article provided shows. You really have no idea how many people are still of the opinion that women should stay in the kitchen.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And/or protected from harm. Feminist want women to be able to do all the things a man can BUT they look down on a woman who wants to stay at home with her kids. Some women don't want to "join the rat race". What's wrong with them wanting to be a traditional stay at home mom?

This is one reason I'm not comfortable with the idea of women in combat. While a man can get a "manly scar" from battle, the same scar on a women would be judged gross and unappeling.

Anyway, I hope Tanaka gets the relationship option.

Edited by folker46

HAHA i hope ladies do not have to stay in the kitchen. i am a horrid cook XD i think ladies with scars are just as bad ass as men who do.

aslo.. if a woman wants to go into combat let them. at the end of the day looks mean nothing. someone should not have to give up a dream just because " they might get a scar and look bad"

if men want to stay home and be house husbands let them. not every man is the type to go out to provide or go to battle.

If i had a house husband i would still care for him just as much. staying at home and making sure everything gets done is more work then people let on.

I would also want to know he was safe... if i felt he was not i would not go out. I am sure he could take care of himself but i would still be protective.

this is fall out 3 people we find love where we can. <3 sometimes in the most surprising places.

Edited by jezdamayel

HAHA i hope ladies do not have to stay in the kitchen. i am a horrid cook XD i think ladies with scars are just as bad ass as men who do.

aslo.. if a woman wants to go into combat let them. at the end of the day looks mean nothing. someone should not have to give up a dream just because " they might get a scar and look bad"

if men want to stay home and be house husbands let them. not every man is the type to go out to provide or go to battle.

If i had a house husband i would still care for him just as much. staying at home and making sure everything gets done is more work then people let on.

I would also want to know he was safe... if i felt he was not i would not go out. I am sure he could take care of himself but i would still be protective.

this is fall out 3 people we find love where we can. <3 sometimes in the most surprising places.

I couldn't have said it better. Even though I believe most people are happiest in what we think of as normal gender roles, I also hold that people should be free to pursue things as they desire. Plus, the strength differences between men and women matter much less in combat when power armor comes into play.

I couldn't have said it better. Even though I believe most people are happiest in what we think of as normal gender roles, I also hold that people should be free to pursue things as they desire. Plus, the strength differences between men and women matter much less in combat when power armor comes into play.

i agree. the gender role thing is also a way for people to cope. going back to the way it was. in a sense.

I feel anyway.

also giving the "era" fallout was in... ( i do not explain things well) that also adds to the woman in the kitchen way of life.

a man feels he needs to provide and a woman feels she needs to stay at home. even more so in the world of fallout where everything and everyone might be your death.

i forgot to add...

having a man at home does not make him any less of a man as well. I think many people who stay at home feel they are not doing enough or could do more. The spouse needs to be supportive.

cookies for everyone!! ( i can make cookies)

Edited by jezdamayel

And/or protected from harm. Feminist want women to be able to do all the things a man can BUT they look down on a woman who wants to stay at home with her kids. Some women don't want to "join the rat race". What's wrong with them wanting to be a traditional stay at home mom?

Nothing is wrong with them wanting to do that. If they want to stay home, fine! But why do they have to do that? That's all I don't get from what you've said so far. And why bring up feminism? I hate modern feminism. They want men to be like women were in the nineteenth century. If you're a white, heterosexual male then they want you to die, or at the very least live in a constant form of anguish and self-loathing. Modern feminists are horrible, in my humble opinion.

This is one reason I'm not comfortable with the idea of women in combat. While a man can get a "manly scar" from battle, the same scar on a women would be judged gross and unappeling

Yes, and that is bad. But thats bad on society for thinking that, not bad on women for getting the same scar. If anything that just shows how much our society is flawed and needs to change into a more accepting one, based less on pysical appearances. Not that women should be treated like cattle like they used to be.

Anyway, I hope Tanaka gets the relationship option.

Well, when power armor comes into play, unless you have a bigger gun or similer armor, you should probably just run. And, personally, I don't think I'd spend much time trying to decifer my power-armored attackers gender while running. So, yeah, power-armor works pretty well. Quick, someone call Microsoft and the Government! I know how to beat terrorism!

snip

The only reason to keep women away from combat is because they're the only ones who can produce more people. It's why you never see female Enclave soldiers. They only show up as officers or scientists. With the Enclave's limited population, they need to keep their "baby factories," so to speak, out of harm's way. The TSC and the NCR don't need to worry about that as much, given how they protect their soldiers as best they can and have a lot of people. Legion, not so much, hence their poor treatment of women and regard of them as mere breeding stock.

Well, as the Fallout universe has a few examples of the presensce of modern values we must remember that most of America is now composed of tribes, but of course there are expetions such as the NCR, the brotherhood, Vault City and some others, the only diference of the fallout tribes to the ones of ancient times is that the fallout tribes are actually born out of modern society from before the war, therefore their tribal values are not expected to be equal to those held by the tribals of our world. Their tribal rules and customs are adequations of what whas once the modern values that we speak of, and of course out of whatever rules or organization that the survivalist group that in the future became that tribe has formulated. And some of them are actually descendants of Vault dwellers, such as the Khans, the Vipers ,the Jackals and the Boomers. And a very good example of the rupture of "man goes hunting and women stay home taking care of everything else" pattern is the dead horse tribe from honest hearts, where man and women alike go to war as equals, and so do the Sorrows, but for a diferent reason, their inocense( I think I mispelled the word, but you understand) so they also fight like equals, the Boomers where their leader is a woman, as well as the main security supervisor Rachel or Raquel( I don't remember) and even one of the most primitive tribe, the white legs, that have to raid in order to survive and doesn't domain any form of tecnique to cultivate anything has bolth male and female fighters on their columns, although it could be said that this lack of a "home" ,a place to attend and maintain as their base of operations, per say, could be the reason of the lack of the traditional tribal gender based atribution of the functions, but still this lack of gender discrimination is a strong point. We must take in consideration that we must pay attention to the background of the individuals that eventually became the Fallout tribes, be it modern urban capitalists( countless raider tribes and what became the Strip families), countryside folks( no example I can think of), military troops( Blackfoots), scientists( like the Ciphers) or vault dwellers( Boomers and the others from Vault 15) or even tourists ( Dead Horses).

I do not posess many knolowedge on the forms of ascention on the Brotherhood, only a knolowedge on how they're organised and the paths one can follow inside of the organisation, so I'll abstain myself of getting deeper into the subject. I'll content myself in only saying that although they have a knightly structure they're still an organisation born out of the US military, therefore I don't think that the arranged mariage would be a accepted behavior amongst them.But then again I have no expertise on the subject, so my opinion is based of other atributes of the Brotherhood.

The Enclave reminds me of the American Eugenics Party from the 30's or 20's( I can't recall the exact date, but it's close) so the structure of having women out of harm's way( or at least the closest possible to that) seems to fit and also their very small numbers make such behavior as a necessity, but I can't overcome the fact that they must have female troopers, because an officer must have been a trooper one day, and a power armored trooper with laser or plasma weaponry has nothing to fear against the more normal threats of the wastes such as a raider or two, or maybe a radscorpion or wild dog here and there.

And the Legion,well, they follow the typical roman empire structure, so I don't even need to say anything.

The NCR can aford having a large number of women on the base of their military because of their more than large numbers, the way they grew and one of the most influential factors, Tandi's extremely extended time in presidency of the NCR.I have a particular liking to the structure of the NCR, the only thing that displeases me on the NCR is kimball, but then again it whas a good variable having him on the top of NCR to make them more neutral, instead of being the typical knights in shining armor steriotype, a more morally controversal faction, but still able to play the "nice guys" routine. That is what I didn't like in Lyons BOS's plot, they're the knights in shinig armor, literally, no exeptions or moral controversy, only the sore wound of the outcasts.But, thena again, its' just my opinion.

Edited by RicardoRs1990