⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Mods downloaded by vortex not working

Nachtej

yeah i use(d) NMM for FNV before, and moved all the mods to Vortex so now they are labeled as plugins rather than mods lol

Idk if I downloaded a mod for FNV after the switch, or if the mod i was trying to download a few months ago was the first one that didn't work

Pay attention to the age and file structure of mods when you go back to FNV, FO3, and Oblivion, because Mod Managers were just coming out, and there really weren't packaging standards yet.

yeah i use(d) NMM for FNV before, and moved all the mods to Vortex so now they are labeled as plugins rather than mods lol

It's not funny. You should have IMPORTED the NMM mods into Vortex. The way you've done it, those are now unmanaged files in your game folders. Vortex knows they exist but cannot manage them.

It's not funny. You should have IMPORTED the NMM mods into Vortex. The way you've done it, those are now unmanaged files in your game folders. Vortex knows they exist but cannot manage them.

but i can manage them through vortex (in the plugins tab), they just aren't labeled as mods

but i can manage them through vortex (in the plugins tab), they just aren't labeled as mods

That is precisely why I can say that Vortex isn't managing them. The fact that you can sort the plugins is the LOOT function of Vortex, but an empty Mods tab means they're not managed.

You're not going to like what you have to do to rectify this. It starts with uninstalling the game, deleting its directory to remove all the unmanaged mod files, and then reinstalling the game.

e

That is precisely why I can say that Vortex isn't managing them. The fact that you can sort the plugins is the LOOT function of Vortex, but an empty Mods tab means they're not managed.

You're not going to like what you have to do to rectify this. It starts with uninstalling the game, deleting its directory to remove all the unmanaged mod files, and then reinstalling the game.

eh i can still just find what the original mod was of the plugin, delete the plugin and reinstall the original mod

seems simpler to me, with the plugins I can't find I guess they are lost lmao