What weapons would you like for your companions?

StormWolf01

Ok, so this time, I'm asking on kind of a serious note. I've been downloading a bunch of weapon mods here lately, and some of them, I really do think deserve more attention in the game. I've been throwing around the idea of doing some mods that add different weapons, including mod weapons to the different companions.

So please post up. What you'd like to see or what you think would be good, on the companions.

Also, if you are an author, and you read this, please send me a pm to give permission for use of your assets, or to discuss terms.

Thanks folks!

-Storm

Nothing with an area of effect. So, no grenades, rocket launchers, or weapons with the 'explosive' legendary. :D

Considering how most companions fight.... something with a high rate of fire, and a reasonable DPS value...... I suspect weapons more geared toward close-medium range, as I seldom see companions engage targets at any appreciable distance. So, maybe some variety of bullpup style close combat rifle? Or shotgun? (there are some way cool shotguns to be had......)

HAHAHA!! Oh yes, companions do Not understand the concept of area affect! :laugh: I'll add gauss rifle's to the list that you made there, HY.

I had a bad experience there :dry: LOL!

The problem that you're talking about, is that so few companions are set up with the sniper AI. Now I don't remember if this is vanilla or if it's because I've been playing with companion enhancing mods for so long. But if I equip mine with weapons that are made for long range, and set them up for accuracy, their chances of attacking at long range increase.

I'm gonna try experimenting to see if I can accomplish the weapon swaps via leveled lists, and that's something new to me so that might take a bit. But yeah. Suggestions and requests are definitely welcome.

Nothing with a projectile that has any significant size. For instance the AI seems to be really bad at using plasma rifles because they will not be able to hit people in cover. So it has to be small projectile or a beam weapon. I also gave provisioners the electrical Factor rifle (which is awesome) and they took forever to take down a raider behind a tree because they can't hit them.

I most definitely agree with you there, about the projectile size. I don't like plasma for the fact that there's been times that I've tried to shoot at characters from between stairs, or through a window or something, and the weapon just can't thread the needle.

LOL I totally had a mental image of them blasting away constantly and continuously from a fixed standing position, this poor tree getting the crud shout out of it, and the raider standing there going "Nyah Nyah, can't get me!"

I most definitely agree with you there, about the projectile size. I don't like plasma for the fact that there's been times that I've tried to shoot at characters from between stairs, or through a window or something, and the weapon just can't thread the needle.

LOL I totally had a mental image of them blasting away constantly and continuously from a fixed standing position, this poor tree getting the crud shout out of it, and the raider standing there going "Nyah Nyah, can't get me!"

We need destructible trees. :) I have fond memories of walking thru the woods, cutting down trees with my M60........ Seems to me, energy weapons should be REALLY good at that kind of thing. Its not just the impact of the bolt itself, it would also be the explosive result when the moisture in the tree is instantly flash-boiled. :D

From a player standpoint, I can most definitely agree! I think that would be fantastic! It would dynamically change the gameplay in a massive way. Pretty much take away a lot of cover that players could use, and pretty much make it the same as trying to take cover behind an explodable car! *laughs with an evil griin*

From a modder stand point, omg the problems we could cause with something like that!

I can't say that I have any memories of actually cutting down trees with guns. Tho I've shot up a couple of old dead, semi-rotted out trees to the point that the stumps were full of about 1.5 feet of sawdust. :D

My uncle who served in WW2 against the Japanese said that he and his squad "deforested" a banana tree grove.

Damn, thinking about super hot, burning wood splinters and shards sticking outta me, is making me cringe!

Edited by StormWolf01