Barrett m82 Sniper Rifle

SpacemanSpIiff

I think the Topic clearly states what I'd like to see in fallout3 :whistling:

Maybe a few of you can agree with me, The Barrett m82 is a heavy caliber military semi-automatic precision rifle. It chambers a .50 caliber slug from a removable box magazine that has a 10 round capacity. My sniper girl would adore one if you made it :biggrin:

ingame, just assigning it the standard .308 bullet would be fine, i understand the lack of a Construction Set makes this stuff hard enough as is. Either way, the rifle should have ALOT of power. but should be extremely rare, maybe even have just ONE of these in the game, hidden in an armory. (which is why i encourage you all to get the mod that allows you to repair gear with scrap metal and wrenches)

below a picture of one, but i have a feeling that most people who play shooters know what they are. I know the rifle isnt exactly lore friendly seeing as how it was developed long after the 50's. but thats just details. A worn and rusty/dirty texture would be great however.

Also, In the spirit of long distance rifles, it would be nice to have an optional enhanced zoom magnification to come with this, Or entirely seperate .esp in its own right because...well, seriously. The zoom in standard fallout3 is garbage. The reason why it should be optional is for performance issues really, i understand that not every ones computer can handle the actor fade at max distance.

http://www.hgandainc.com/artwork/Barrett%20M82A1-400.jpg

Edit: looking around FPSbanana at other barrett's and found a good (though i doubt the realism) of the scale of this rifle. While again, i dont think theyre this big, it really enchances the 'badass' of such a gun if it would be made for fallout3

http://image.hazardstrip.com/ss/srends/25314.jpg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cuddles the .50 BMG round*

Yes... please...

Actually if you look at the weapons put into the game by the user vashts1985, you'll see that he's already added a new ammo type to the game just to see if he could; so even without the CS it's possible to add new ammunition.

i actually did ask bhurpo or vash to do it in their weapon topics and got a few replies from others within said topics that they agree. I think its safe to say that alot of us would love one of these. its not really a question of if, its a question of when.

It even adheres to fallout canon. It was called a Bozar in F2...

http://planetmedia.gamespy.com/wiki/planetfallout.gamespy.com/default/uploads/0/0f/Bozar.jpg

Oh wow, I did not know that. I have not played fallout 1 or 2 (please dont bash me, my girlfriend talked to me alot about fallout 1 and 2 and got me to try fallout3.)

Just more evidence that this needs to be done i suppose.

Actually the Bozar and Sniper Rifle in Fallout 2, both used the .223 FMJ Round (5.56mm NATO). This is the standard round for most US Assault Weapons. I have not played Tactics as of yet, so I don't know whether or not the ammo was changed there. There are no .50 caliber or 12.7mm rounds in Fallout 1 or 2.

The Barrett M82A1 is actually in wide use in the US Armed Forces and in the US Secret Service. Considering that the .50 BMG Round has been a staple of the US Government since the 1940's and to date shows no loss of admiration, it should be available almost everywhere.

As a former Marksman, I loved the .308 Rifles that I used and would have loved to have gotten my hands on one of the M82's. (I still may as they are available to the public... just that the price tag is a bit harsh)

Actually the Bozar and Sniper Rifle in Fallout 2, both used the .223 FMJ Round (5.56mm NATO). This is the standard round for most US Assault Weapons. I have not played Tactics as of yet, so I don't know whether or not the ammo was changed there. There are no .50 caliber or 12.7mm rounds in Fallout 1 or 2.

The Barrett M82A1 is actually in wide use in the US Armed Forces and in the US Secret Service. Considering that the .50 BMG Round has been a staple of the US Government since the 1940's and to date shows no loss of admiration, it should be available almost everywhere.

As a former Marksman, I loved the .308 Rifles that I used and would have loved to have gotten my hands on one of the M82's. (I still may as they are available to the public... just that the price tag is a bit harsh)

yes, for a measly $8,650 USD, you too can enjoy one of todays most popular Precision firearms. :rolleyes:

PLEASE someone make this gun. :whistling:

Did somebody say 50 calibur sniper rifle?

Author: Unknown

Format: Blender

Texture: None

UV Map: Exists (would recommend fixing unless you use solid colors and flat normal maps)

Detail: A bit high on the poly side with 20,000 vertices and could use some tweaking for game usage

NOTE: I have made a few material modifications which were mainly for showcasing. It even has its own bullet, which is shown in the chamber.

EDIT: I think I found the original source for this file. I do not have 3ds max so I cannot confirm. Maybe somebody else can confirm for me. 50 barret cal by reefmuller

Oh wow, Nice. Too bad i dont have blender i have a student copy of autodesk maya 2008 (But college work keeps me from taking the time to get a good model like this out):confused:

It looks very nice, can we get a few detail shots? Id like to get a better look at well, all of it. From what i can see it has a very solid and accurate design. I think its the textures on it right now that are throwing me off a bit however (though i know that theyre probably just default materials)

It looks extremely well from what i can see hammonds, great freakin job! :thumbsup:

(Onward) Well people, here we are, we have a Mesh right here in front of us. All we need now is Someone willing to get this baby finished with a dirty texture, some amazing sounds, and a .esp to satisfy Everyone thats been waiting for this.

Hammonds, Thank you so much for this contribution. With this i really feel that this may be a request that gets fullfilled.

Thank you.

EDIT: It would be cool to have a scopeless version too, for when an Iron Sight mod comes out. And we all know that will be here eventually. And yes, the M82 does have Sights on it.