BLOG PIECE: Nexus moderation system overhaul, etiquette and ethos

Dark0ne

And then he gets banned for multi accounts instead? :whistling:

We have a notification system in place that allows us to see if there's any reason for multiple accounts to be coming from a single IP - if one of us is told there's more than one user in the household, they can make note of it for other staff to read so that they know about the situation.

Yes, that relies on people telling us about any other users in the house, but there are people who do this, as they realize it's a good thing for us to know.

Saves us all a lot of trouble later on.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears a certain poster in this thread got keelhauled just now. :unsure: Talk about quick action.

@dartmaul15 I hope in the future all Nexus users wouldn't have to provide their credit card information and screenshots from Steam to get the right to create accounts. The presumption of innocence y'know [via unless proven guilty]

Europeans typically don't have credit cards, but debit cards, sometimes from fairly obscure providers you've never heard of. :mellow:

Europeans typically don't have credit cards, but debit cards,

What? Last time I looked at a map, the UK was still part of Europe, and I have both. Credit cards are more common than debit where I am.

The tea was good and the blog update was refreshing.^^

I am glad to hear that the Nexus will not be implimenting the Steam system of allowing mod authors to remove comments themselves without moderator input. I had a short period where one user on Steam kept uploading my material as part of a larger mod and he kept removing my comments from the board. It took three tries with GStaff on the Bethsoft Forums to get the user to remove my content from the mod he uploaded.

This new system sounds fair and balanced in my opinion and it is encouraging to see the sites continuing to develop and improve Dark0ne!

-Natterforme

... * Having your own mod removed for breaking a rule/guideline, when you know for a fact that at least one other mod broke the same rule and has not been removed. How can this issue be handled diplomatically?

I think that it is fair to say that no-one likes a tattle-tail. So to say the name of the other mod would be something that an author would most likely be reluctant to do, but still, knowing that that mod is out there, breaking the same rule that your mod was removed for breaking would be hard to take and incredibly frustrating.

See the Terms of Service:

• If you see a file that breaches these rules it does not mean that file has been allowed to remain by the Nexus staff and that all files of similar content are OK. Nexus staff might not have seen the file so report the file if you are unsure.
:armscrossed:

@dartmaul15 I hope in the future all Nexus users wouldn't have to provide their credit card information and screenshots from Steam to get the right to create accounts. The presumption of innocence y'know [via unless proven guilty]

Uh, Dartmaul15 never said they required his credit card info (because they never would) just a screenshot of his steam account (probably his game library and username) to verify that he did indeed buy the game.

What? Last time I looked at a map, the UK was still part of Europe, and I have both. Credit cards are more common than debit where I am.

As a British citizen living in France, I can tell you right now that it is a completely different system from the UK. Things work a lot differently in a lot of European countries. This is one of the main complaints from British expats.

Edited by Guest