vortex changing column width

Arcturus7777

You can't, but you can go to SETTINGS-->THEME and make the Font Smaller

I use the Compact Theme

I used to be able to do this, I just have a new computer, and can not remember how I did it. I am talking about clicking on mods, and up pops columns like status, mod name, version, ect. the status is too big, the mod name is too small. I really do not want a mod name to take up 8 rows, it makes in really hard to see.

I use the Compact Theme

I used to be able to do this, I just have a new computer, and can not remember how I did it. I am talking about clicking on mods, and up pops columns like status, mod name, version, ect. the status is too big, the mod name is too small. I really do not want a mod name to take up 8 rows, it makes in really hard to see.

Vortex never had resizable columns

Once the mod is installed, edit the name by double clicking on it and opening the right panel.

I use the Sands of Time mod, and it takes up several rows on the mod page because the name is INSANELY LONG.

So, once I install it, I edit it down to "SOTS - FULL

I use the Compact Theme

Vortex never had resizable columns

Once the mod is installed, edit the name by double clicking on it and opening the right panel.

I use the Sands of Time mod, and it takes up several rows on the mod page because the name is INSANELY LONG.

So, once I install it, I edit it down to "SOTS - FULL

then why is the name column in gopher's install videos way wider than my new install? and if they changed the column width in an update how do I download the older version of vortex,

they really change the name of the mod column to smaller than the status column, IE Bodyslide and outfit studio, is in a column smaller than the word Enable

Edited by Arcturus7777

@Arcturus7777

then why is the name column in gopher's install videos way wider than my new install? and if they changed the column width in an update how do I download the older version of vortex,

they really change the name of the mod column to smaller than the status column, IE Bodyslide and outfit studio, is in a column smaller than the word Enable

In Vortex the column width adjusts automatically to fit the longest name shown on the screen. If the longest mod names shown on the screen are very short, then the column will be very narrow. Could that be the source of your problem?

Edited by AugustaCalidia

Because that's the way it's been, plus he only has these columns enabled

STATUS, MOD NAME, VERSION, CATEGORY, ENDORSED, DEPENDENCIES, ACTIONS.

Also notice that there's no "divider" that you can drag to resize the columns, so, resizing columns has never been in Vortex.

Default Columns now include

STATUS, MOD NAME, VERSION, INSTALLATION TIME, CATEGORY, ENDORSED, DEPLOY ORDER, DEPENDENCIES, ACTIONS.

Feel free to turn off any columns you don't need by clicking on the GEAR icon in the column header to the extreme right.

My MOD NAME Column is much larger than the STATUS Column.

Column-Sizes.jpg

Also notice that there's no "divider" that you can drag to resize the columns, so, resizing columns has never been in Vortex.

STATUS, MOD NAME, VERSION, INSTALLATION TIME, CATEGORY, ENDORSED, DEPLOY ORDER, DEPENDENCIES, ACTIONS.

Feel free to turn off any columns you don't need by clicking on the GEAR icon in the column header to the extreme right.

Column-Sizes.jpg

I removed all the items except name, status, conflicts, and the orange one, and that is better.

I would like some of the others, but I would rather be able to see the whole mod name. do not know why since if you activate all of them, you have to scroll to see them, they do not let us change the size.

BTW, the changing the font size in themes does not work for me. It can not find the file needed, I would guess this is because I used the custom install to install vortex on a different drive. the path to the file does not exist on C: drive.

Column-Sizes.jpg

I removed all the items except name, status, conflicts, and the orange one, and that is better.

I would like some of the others, but I would rather be able to see the whole mod name. do not know why since if you activate all of them, you have to scroll to see them, they do not let us change the size.

BTW, the changing the font size in themes does not work for me. It can not find the file needed, I would guess this is because I used the custom install to install vortex on a different drive. the path to the file does not exist on C: drive.

I used a Custom Install too.

My Vortex is installed on my D:\ drive.

First pick the theme you want, then CLONE it, then use the Clone, that allows you to change the parameters.

The column widths are automatic based around a bunch of rules, e.g. if at all possible it will try to avoid a horizontal scroll bar. Certain columns have a minimum width to ensure they remain visible and some columns are set up so the content will never line-break.

If you find the mod name list line-breaks too much you have a few obvious options:

- use shorter mod names, e.g. does it really have to be "Opulent Outfits 2020 SSE - All in One - Legacy of the Dragonborn v5"? Wouldn't "Opulent Outfits - Legacy of the Dragonborn" suffice?

- Disable columns: Since the table tries to fit into one screen, obviously there is limited space to share between them. With the gear symbol in the top-right you can disable columns, maybe there are some you don't actually care for?

- Themes: As others have said you can reduce the font size in a theme but you can also set up additional css rules. E.g. you could make it so it never line breaks within tables ever. Click the "link" to edit css manually for your custom theme and add

.xtd.table-mods {
 white-space: nowrap;
}

That way it will never wrap, but obviously now you will have to scroll horizontally to see the remaining table columns.