Anybody else concerned about Dec 21, 2012?

mrsathletic

There are power outages because of a very typical for the time of year snow storm in the U.S.

It started snowing where I live a bit this morning. I was hoping for much more.

Its also 8:42 am eastern here and so far so good on the not dying thing.

we have the same here, a good and beautiful snow storm, we have already about 1 feet and still going on, but no sun collapse or even a dragon in Canada :P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we dodged that bullet. :laugh:

But Now, The calendar on my kitchen wall runs out Dec 31 - We are doomed!!! :facepalm:

Oh, wait, My insurance company just sent a new calendar. The new doomsday is next year - again on Dec 31.!!:whistling:

Don't blame the Mayans. They never said the world would end when their calendar ran out, they actually said a new era would begin, just as the yearly calendar on my wall says a new year will begin. The archeoligest who translated the calendar never said it either .

The end of the world based on the Mayan calendar was predicted by a pseduo-scientist on one of the non history fantasy shows popular on the US cable 'History channel' - which no longer shows any real history.

By my count this was the third end of the world prediction this year - but I may have missed a few. :tongue:

Well as it rolled up past 11.11am GMT, the appointed hour of doom, I made sure I was stuffing my face with a piece of my special chocolate cake. When the Apocalypse did not happen, I had another piece to celebrate.

Well as it rolled up past 11.11am GMT, the appointed hour of doom, I made sure I was stuffing my face with a piece of my special chocolate cake. When the Apocalypse did not happen, I had another piece to celebrate.

I will bring DOOM to you Ginny for not sharing that cake. It is CAKE or DEATH after all! I WANT MY CAKE!!

lol

Well I waited for midnight to be absolutely sure, and we're all still here. btw I'm gmt -6. I suppose I could wait until the sun crosses the International Date Line to be ABSOLUTELY sure, but that shouldn't be necessary. :biggrin:

I have, out of cushions and a doona. It worked beautifully.

HOWEVER I am intending to sue to Mayans for breach of contract. We had a contractual agreement for an apocalypse with a side of 666 doomheim and an extra-large fierey death from above, and they did neither deliver it, return my calls, offer explanation or refund. Shameful!

I have, out of cushions and a doona. It worked beautifully.

HOWEVER I am intending to sue to Mayans for breach of contract. We had a contractual agreement for an apocalypse with a side of 666 doomheim and an extra-large fierey death from above, and they did neither deliver it, return my calls, offer explanation or refund. Shameful!

Agreed. Maybe we should start this new age right and just stop with all the pointless prophecies of doom. Maybe we should stop trying to find some grand purpose behind whatever might smack us down or wipe us out since they pretty much ignored their chance to do whatever they wanted, in whatever way they wanted, without all that burden of reason or human disbelief. Maybe next time someone comes along and tries to claim that the end of days is near... Instead of giving them any acknowledgement, we should tell them straight up "Look, Dipshit. It's not going to happen. It didn't happen all those hundreds of times assholes like you predicted it. If you want to die that bad, keep talking and I'll find something blunt to beat you to death with."