ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vortex Installation Corruption after update

RedGalaxy

I updated to the latest version of Vortex, and when I opened it I got this pop up...

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Vortex twice, and nothing changed. If I click Ignore and open it, it appears to work until I attempt to install a mod, at which point I get...

I don't know what this means, or what I did to cause it, and I can't seem to fix it. Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance.

The folder labeled "Mod Folder" is just where I put all of this stuff for ease of access. No mods are in the Folder labeled "Black Tree Gaming Ltd" or any folder within that one.

The "Vortex Mods" folder is different for each game, taking it to a different folder within the Mod Folder file structure. Example, New Vegas' file would be "Mod Folder/New Vegas/Vortex Mods".

That shouldn't cause an issue, at least, hasn't up to this point.

What folder should Vortex be trying to access ModInstallerIPC.exe from, then?

As I said, I wasn't having this issue before the update, and I haven't changed any settings or anything else. All I did was update and then this problem happened.

I went ahead and reinstalled Vortex into a different folder, and the problem has reappeared. It happened after I tried "reinstalling" a mod that I had previously installed. Same error, I closed out of Vortex, and attempted to reopen it and it said that my installation was corrupted just as before.

It seems as if Vortex, or something in Vortex is deleting the ModInstallerIPC.exe from its folder for some reason, and refuses to reinstall that file when I reinstall Vortex to the same location.

Edited by RedGalaxy

I went ahead and reinstalled Vortex into a different folder, and the problem has reappeared. It happened after I tried "reinstalling" a mod that I had previously installed. Same error, I closed out of Vortex, and attempted to reopen it and it said that my installation was corrupted just as before.

It seems as if Vortex, or something in Vortex is deleting the ModInstallerIPC.exe from its folder for some reason, and refuses to reinstall that file when I reinstall Vortex to the same location.

Is this version 1.2.7 pre-release or a stable version?