Why do I ALWAYS get a bounty after doing the Kvatch battle despite doing nothing wrong?

This happens literally EVERY TIME I get done with the Kvatch quest and where I need to take Martin to Weynon Priory. I make my way there only to find that a guard stops me and calls me a law breaker every time I get done with that quest.

I DID NOT kill anyone except the bad guys, I did not steal anything, nor did I break into any property that was not mine but I ALWAYS seem to get this mysterious bounty and infamy points after doing the Kvatch battle.

I Googled "bounty after Kvatch" but nothing came up other than people saying that they actually did something, but I NEVER did ANYTHING to get this bounty and infamy points.

Is it because I loot the guards after they die from fighting the Daedra at Kvatch? That is the only thing that I can think of.

Did you maybe accidentally hit the guards during a battle? I once got a bounty from the Kvatch quest because I hit a guard by accident when we were fighting daedra. He turned hostile but was killed by a scamp before he attacked me, so I never noticed it until I got arrested later.

Also, if you have the Enhanced Economy mod you can get a bounty from looting certain corpses (like guards).

Did you maybe accidentally hit the guards during a battle? I once got a bounty from the Kvatch quest because I hit a guard by accident when we were fighting daedra. He turned hostile but was killed by a scamp before he attacked me, so I never noticed it until I got arrested later.

Also, if you have the Enhanced Economy mod you can get a bounty from looting certain corpses (like guards).

I do not think that I accidentally hit a guard—or at least nobody yelled at me for it. I find it hard to believe that would be it for every single time that I have done the Kvatch quest. I have 20-some different characters.

I do not have the Enhanced Economy mod. Emporium Fix, Decorator Assistant, Steer Horse with Mouse, and SPAWN are the only mods that I have other than the ones included with the Game of the Year Edition.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I tried to be super careful during this Kvatch run just to see if that was it or not. I am pretty sure that I did not accidentally hit any guards during this run.

Edited by justinrpg

The only thing I can think of is starting a new game without one of those mods and doing the Kvatch quest again. Do that for all 4 mods and check if you have a bounty or not afterwards. If you don't have a bounty, then you know which mod was the problem.

You can use the console command "movetoqt" to advance quickly through the quest. It teleports you to the quest target.

You can use the console command "movetoqt" to advance quickly through the quest. It teleports you to the quest target.

Except I am doing a "no fast travel" run on this character to challenge myself.

What Striker said. I never use fast travel but I use console commands out the ass when testing/troubleshooting something.

Unless you REALLY want to play the Kvatch quest four times over again, this is the best way to solve the problem.