We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Mod configuration files when?

mkr1977

Most likely a lot longer than you're willing to wait?

From the sound of it, it's Controversial at best, because it's a mix of modders that hate it, because it can take mods without a modders consent, and pack them into a "modpack" which, has a percentage of modders hating the idea, because it removes the person-to-person interaction of the modder and downloaders, because everything will be taken, and consolidated into a huge modpack, while the modders themselves get ignored.
I.E. the mod pack MAKER would get ALL the Credit for doing the work of what the actual Mod Creators did. (Stolen Valor)

The proposition has already caused a rift, and has already had several modders pull their mods from Nexus and close their accounts, because they hate the idea, especially because there are already unscrupulous people out there making "Modpacks" on Pay Sites like Patreon, where you have to subscribe to download their "Modpack" which consists of mods they downloaded for FREE from the Nexus and ModDB, and are now making money off of other people's work.

So, currently "Modpacks" are a touchy subject

Besides, I'd rather have an "A la Carte" installation, where I can pick and choose what mods I want to use, like at a salad bar, rather than being forced to use a ModPack made by someone who uses 50% of the mods I like, and 50% of mods I really hate, because I have NEVER come across an "All in one" pack, in any type of situation, that I've been happy with.

It's like ordering a pizza with EVERYTHING.

You're going to end up picking off the ingredients you don't like, but picture that you CAN'T remove the ingredients you don't like, because the pizza was made so "Special" that removing ONE topping, makes the entire pizza disintegrate...

That's why Modpacks are a bad idea., and let's not mention when ONE of the mods included in the modpack Updates...

To save this from turning into a big debate in hypotheticals about a feature we haven't fully announced yet I shall simple say we are actively working on it but it will still be a while. We want to do it the best possible way we can.

I'll lock this topic for now. Thanks for being patient :)