Another "Vortex seems to be running" error

wolfhunter874

All,

I just inherited my wife's old PC. Under her login, I had Skyrim SE running with Vortex just fine. I decided to create a new User Account under my name. When I did, Vortex began kicking up this error - "Vortex already seems to be running." This is false. I get this error even with no instances in the Task Manager. I even uninstalled Vortex and tried re-installing with 1.2 (latest) with both the Custom Install and Default Install installers. I saw another user post with this error but I don't have the state.v2 file that the help referenced. Any ideas?

Thanks for the response, Picky. No, it's not another profile - my User profile is the only one (I nuked my wife's profile after creating my own as an admin and testing it). This error even comes up no when trying to install Vortex now - it's presently uninstalled - so I can't even set up new.

Thanks for the response, Picky. No, it's not another profile - my User profile is the only one (I nuked my wife's profile after creating my own as an admin and testing it). This error even comes up no when trying to install Vortex now - it's presently uninstalled - so I can't even set up new.

Maybe you should've uninstalled it from your wife's profile before nuking her profile?

Does that info even stay around in the directory even if a Computer profile is deleted?