TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

Hello, I am at a loss of what is causing this weird arrow flame effect on all of my arrows... Explosive, dwarven, iron, hellion etc. any equipped arrow that I fire off gives off some strange green flame burst for a half a second and then the arrow flys off on fire (normal orange flame, not green). I do have many mods installed and only recently noticed this arrow glitch. I tried unchecking my latest 15 or so recent mods and any with arrow effects and still no fix. I also tried the console player.resurrect 1 code as well as dispellallspells with no luck whatsoever. Are there any ways I may find out what is causing this effect that someone may know of? Possibly a console code or something. Thanks for any insight, this really is ruining the marksman side of my character.

@VitalikEnergy

My character has the same blue swirling fog thing going on right now, and I can't seem to get rid of it. It starts right after getting back to Bloodskal after leaving Apocrypha. I tried using the remove code for dragon priest spell effects but it didn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I found a workaround although it may not be viable for people who have played with the effect for a long time. In this case, when going to Apocrypha, my follower stayed back. In Apocrypha, instead of using the black book to return, I used the player.moveto command to teleport back to the spot from where I left. That did the trick - no more blue glowing fog.

Edit #2: Well, something's still wrong. When I look down, a pair of ghostly blue eyes can be seen at my feet - if I move, they kind of make trails. Another thing - when I get into water, green mist swirls around me. Bloody annoying.

Edit #3: Right, added and removed dragon priest effect, and it took care of the blue eyes at feet problem. I still have the green gas clouds when I get out of the water though. I suspect it has something to do with the quest in Solstheim where you are a test subject for a wizard. It triggers right after I get into the water, and wears of a few seconds after I have returned to land. I have tried adding and removing the following spells/effects:

Companion's Insight
xx01E7F5 "Your attacks, shouts, and destruction spells do no damage to your followers."

Neloth's Health Boost
xx01BD0A

1. "Neloth's 25 point health boost."
  2. "Health is permenantly lowered 25 points after swimming or being in the rain."

Edit #4: The green gas is now gone. I can't say why, but it was gone after I read the black book that took me to Miraak for the first time, so maybe that little trip removed it?

Here's an image showing the green gas bug, maybe it can be of some help to someone:

http://i40.tinypic.com/np426f.jpg

Edited by trikztar

Edit #4: The green gas is now gone. I can't say why, but it was gone after I read the black book that took me to Miraak for the first time, so maybe that little trip removed it?

See posts #418, 420 and 447.

To remove the Apocrypha green water damage effect:

DLC2ApoWaterDamageShaders (Magic Effect): player.sme xx03CDBF (where xx = Dragonborn load order, usually 04)

Please use a bit of common sense next time and don't quote a wall of text in your post.

-LM

For some reason the burning embers fix doesn't work. Anyone know how to help? I have done everything it says, by the way.

i recently had a strage effect but it's not on the player it's my field of view in 3rd or first, it's kinda hazy around the edges as if i was watching my character through a foggy glass with a frosted edge. Anyone know how to terminate that?

NOV 2 UPDATE: Seems to have fixed itself, but not by anything I did. I took off al my stuff so i had no equipment effects, turned off all my toggle spells and even reset my sanguinisive vampires for Better Vampires but the effect was still there. So i refresh my toggles nd moved on. Then after several hours i came to a word wall which has that same blur effect, but even before that the blur was getting fainter. I think it was just a script caught in a loop. On rare occasions i can go hours and then sunnely when i load a save the game bounces me all over the map and into instances long cleared to finish oll animations like mining or feeding. I think this was the same thing a long buffered effect

Edited by nekollx

Hello,

I'm french and i really love this topic, what a good idea !

I've got a problem since few weeks but the solution is not in what you said.

I have post it on the official skyrim forum but no reply ....

Have you ever seen this magic effect ?

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/296170ScreenShot2.png

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/422066ScreenShot3.png

Since a quest in dawngard i have a big magic aura like snow or magic wind.

I don't remember if it was the quest when you save the phalene priest from vampires or the quest of the master of vampire's hunters.

It's horrible when i play and i really want to play with this character (i've just bought dragonborn DLC).

Thanks a lot for any help !

I have the same spell effect going on with mine, I made a youtube video of it a little bit ago if any one wants to take a look. It may be from dawnguard but I cant for the life of me figure out what spell effect it is. Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw me a bone here.

Heres the link to my bug:

I found no solution on the internet, you are the first person with the same problem than me...

I have the exact same problem as these two. I have a suspicion that the effect is related to the spell "Blizzard",and I'll be beginning my own search for a solution along those regards. If ANYONE has even a POSSIBLE fix for this,let us know IMMEDIATELY! The people I'm quoting have been waiting for quite some time. I even saw the OP make several posts after these,not even acknowledging their existence. Even a "Sorry,no idea" is helpful.

In case anyone was reading through this thread's 40+ pages (like I was) to fix this, your journey and quest is now but moments away from its end.

Took me awhile, but I tracked down the problem and the fix.
--- To Fix it ---
1. Open console, type in this without the first quote marks (but keep the ones around "blizzard dragon")
"help "blizzard dragon" 0"
2. Followed by (again, without the quote marks)
"player.placeatme <code of a blizzard dragon from previous> 1"
Slay the dragon, it should be fixed.
--- Reason the bug occurred ---
It comes from the "Dragon Diversified" mod (I'm pretty sure), and I believe what happens is when you run away from the dragon the effect sticks on you. Killing the dragon cancels out the effect.
I'm guessing the reason steve40's methods or Director Tools (which I tried) couldn't fix it was because it was a mod-based effect, and not a spell-based effect. I could be very wrong, I know nothing about Skyrim modding.
Perhaps steve40 would add this to the stickied post? Also, while your method didn't help me, I will say I'm very impressed by the level of support and dedication you've given to the numerous people and for collecting such vast amounts of data into one place for people to use.