Does anyone still play Oblivion?

Lehcar

As bben said before me I came back to Oblivion after only a single playthrough of Skyrim. Loved the visuals but too many other things really bugged me, just wasn't what I wanted overall. Maybe when Bethesda is finished with add-ons and the modding scene has evolved some more I will go back.

For now I am quite happy to stay in Cyrodiil...both playing and modding. The modding has slowed a little...but there are still a good many people working on projects.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Betcha. This is my 5th visit, not counting the 10-20 partial games. I played the "Vanaila" version in about a week, with no mods when the game first came out. I then found the mod OOO! That gave a whole new view to the game! I'll never play the "Vanaila" version again. I've played some of the more popular mods since then and still have about another 100 to try out. There are a few help mods I've added to speed things along and store my inventory but no "God" items or big cheats ( like a million gold or max attributes or skills, why bother playing?) The main reason I stop playing, is to take on a newcomer like Skyrim, or Fallout NV. Or because my system crashes and I can't find a good fix. I will probally not purchase any new games since I do not like having to get clearance from "Steam" to play them and if their servers are tied up, too bad. I like the old school better.

absolutely still playing Oblivion and lovin' it. I've also gone back to morrowind recently, widescreen and everything with some great graphics tweaks and mods

in oblivion Iplay a very bare bones mage/hermit 1 amulet, two rings, black shirt 0 feather,wide pants 0 feather and handcuffs all with fortify magicka and toc toc and an alchemy kit just wish I had a ferret companion and my life would be complete

I started playing again recently. The first time I played it, I didn't use any mods, and now I'm testing it with different races and things like armor and weapons. I tried skyrim, but my pc is old ^^'... played morrowind too, but I prefer oblivion.

• 3 weeks later...
I do. I finally got around to playing it all the way through in vanilla. Every time I've played it in the past, I started installing mods and never got around to finishing it, so I actually didn't know how the main story ended until a couple of days ago. I'm about to start over (again) and mod the daylights out of it. I haven't gotten around to Skyrim yet, though because of everything I hear about it, I'm in no hurry. I played through Fallout 3 a few times and thought it was really good, but it just doesn't measure up to Oblivion. I'll be playing it for some time to come.

i honestly prefer skyrim to oblivion, but i cant wait for my next oblivion playthrough.

i just wish there was an awesome graphics upgrade that didnt give everyone 80s hairspray hair and make elves look ridiculous.

btw, is there a 'best' mod for helping me play as a necromancer?

Damn right I still play Oblivion. I did really love Skyrim when it was released, even though my computer could barely handle it, and after staying out of TES circles for the better part of a year, I've recently got back into Oblivion, mostly sticking to smaller/subtler/immersion style mods, avoiding graphical "improvements", overhauls and the like...for now. And I'm loving it. I remember Oblivion getting a lot of complaints for all sorts of things (like Skyrim, funnily enough!) but it really is an incredible game, with so much depth and so much immersion that I easily get lost in it and find myself playing all night...right now I'm playing a stealth-based Khajiit that can still hold his own in combat and isn't afraid to use non-combat magic, but I'm sure I'll expand to other characters sooner or later. I'm even considering making a redguard fighter, a race I've never really been interested in playing before. I'm also sure I'll abandon my minimalistic mod attitude soon enough, because there is such a wealth of them available that I can't just ignore them all.

But yeah, I almost feel bad in a way for forgetting about this amazing game, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one playing it still.

Oh, and...I'm avoiding fast travel. ;-) good way to raise your athletics, and if you're on a horse, it's an incredible way to take in the sights. You haven't quite experienced the wilderness feeling until you've travelled that unmarked road leading from Chorrol to Bruma through the high Jeralls. You know, the one Hermaeus Mora's shrine is on. You should. It's beautiful.