⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Stop asking us to buy premium

Paulicus1

How about replacing the screen with something that says support nexus on the auto-download prompt if the user (Supporter or non-paying) disables ad blocking while increasing the supporters' data cap? Another solution would be making the 2MB cap apply only to supporters and above. As a decently well off guy, I found it easy to pay for premium / supporter for convenience and to also support a community and a website that I constantly use and love; however, many might be able to afford a subscription or a meek (sorry) 49.99$ lifetime payment and in my opinion, this seems decent but I'm not staff and I don't have stats or anything so I'd really like to know what the staff thinks.

above supporter is premium and they don't have a cap... I honestly don't fully understand what you mean. The staff I know would prefer it if everyone paid for supporter at the very least or better paid for lifetime both of which would allow the site to no longer need ads.

above supporter is premium and they don't have a cap... I honestly don't fully understand what you mean. The staff I know would prefer it if everyone paid for supporter at the very least or better paid for lifetime both of which would allow the site to no longer need ads.

That was my other proposal and I meant that the supporters' capped speeds either get increased or for the 2MB cap to be removed for non-paying users with ads and for them to increase supporters' caps by another MB as a sort of reimbursement for giving them an incentive to unblock ads.

That was my other proposal and I meant that the supporters' capped speeds either get increased or for the 2MB cap to be removed for non-paying users with ads and for them to increase supporters' caps by another MB as a sort of reimbursement for giving them an incentive to unblock ads.

As a gesture of Good-will, the Nexus raised the speed cap of non-paying users to 2mbs if they don't use an ad blocker

If they use an ad-blocker, their speed cap is limited to 1mbs

So now, the ball is in the non-paying user's court.

As a gesture of Good-will, the Nexus raised the speed cap of non-paying users to 2mbs if they don't use an ad blocker

If they use an ad-blocker, their speed cap is limited to 1mbs

So now, the ball is in the non-paying user's court.

That's what I'm basing this off of, instead of raising the speed cap they could've kept everything as it was or added the redirect to non-paying users only and adding an extra button or a message for upgrading for supporters.