Load order advice

nallik876

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bilarion that worked a treat. Dunno about the UI mod ive got installed though. It seems to not be working properly, as for example the value of things is half obscured by a line, and the hud doesn't seem right.

Any better one's out there?

Edit - wrong reply sorry :P

Edit2 - Ok you meant Ambient Temperature. I guess you installed the Ambient Temperature mod as I told you. Try to re-install Powered Power Armor and try again. Then tell me your results.

Edited by bilarion

Yes there is a very comprehensive manual for FNVEdit. You can download it here

Also, you said that your game is still crashing every 10-20 minutes even without your mods on. Have you have autosaving enabled? And does it crash at specific times/locations? Say when you are fighting a lot on enemies and there are a lot of things going on screen, or it crashes at random times? Keep in mind that as you keep adding more and more mods to your game, your save games will keep getting bigger. That's one cause of crashes.

Anyway, some solutions would be:

Reinstall the game

Deactivate some mods

Lower the graphics (that includes custom textures)

Create a merged patch in FNVEdit

Merge some of the tons of esps you have, using FNVEdit (careful: this is different from creating a merged patch but a great way of lowering your esp count)

Master updating in FNEdit

Starting a new game with some of your mods deactivated to find the culprit (or the most stable combination of mods)

I already downloaded it. I also disabled my auto save feature and am using CASM instead. As for the crashing, it happens every 10-40 minutes and it doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing. Also I didn't run completely modless. I had NMC's texture pack medium and the New Vegas enhanced content complete with New Vegas character expansions mod running.

Ok, first try to create a merged patch in FNVEdit and test the game stability. Then do a master update and test again. Then post the results. If you need any help with these tell me.

I've already created the merged patch, but doesn't a master update crash a great deal of mods?

Yes it may, that's why I told you to test first with the merged patch alone and then with the master update. Personally, I've never had any problems with master update.

Yes it may, that's why I told you to test first with the merged patch alone and then with the master update. Personally, I've never had any problems with master update.

Unfortunately, I can't find the FNVedit folder that I need to perform a master update.

Unfortunately, I can't find the FNVedit folder that I need to perform a master update.

Oh no man just copy the FNVEdit.exe and rename it to FNVMasterUpdate.exe. Also copy it once more and rename it FNVMasterRestore.exe, if you see that master updating crashes your game. Also, have you had any luck with the merged patch?

If the merged patch and master update don't work, then you should try disabling your mods one at a time, starting with the biggest ones.

Also, why isn't your FalloutNV.esm first in your load order??????? I saw this now.

Try this load order exactly as it is:

P.S: The Open Freeside mod you are using, is very demanding and I would suggest uninstalling it. But unfortunately its author says it cannot be uninstalled. Even if you turn it off, there are gonna be problems with your current saved games. Only with a new game you may be able to get rid of it.

P.S 2: Also, because you are using several mods that alter your HUD, like Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm, The Mod Configuration Menu.esp and Primary Needs HUD.esm, I suggest that you download the Unified HUD Project and install it.

Edited by bilarion

Oh no man just copy the FNVEdit.exe and rename it to FNVMasterUpdate.exe. Also copy it once more and rename it FNVMasterRestore.exe, if you see that master updating crashes your game. Also, have you had any luck with the merged patch?

If the merged patch and master update don't work, then you should try disabling your mods one at a time, starting with the biggest ones.

Also, why isn't your FalloutNV.esm first in your load order??????? I saw this now.

I already created the merged patch. It's the file called Mypatchplugin 1.esp. Also, the reason why my FalloutNV.esm file isn't first in my load order is due to me reinstalling the game. Here is what happened with the master update: [00:04] Background Loader: [NVEC NVCE PN Equipment Patch.esp] Loading file

[00:04] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error. Code: 2.

The system cannot find the file specified>

[00:05] --= Error =--

[00:05] An error occured while loading your active modules.

[00:05] Please look at the log above to determine which of your modules caused that problem.

[00:05] The most likely reason for this is a module file that contains structural errors.

[00:05]

[00:05] !!! No changes have been made to any of your active modules.

[00:05] !!! You have to resolve the problem and run this program again.

[00:05]

[00:05] Loading and saving the problematic module in GECK can sometimes produce

[00:05] a working version. But it is recommended to contact the author of the module

[00:05] to get the original fixed.

[00:06] Background Loader: finished

Are you using the old merged patch? The one before you change your load order? If so, this merged pack will need NVEC NVCE PN Equipment Patch.esp to be activated, which is not. Delete this merged patch and create another. Remember, every time that you change anything in your load order, you need to create a new merged patch and delete the old one, even if you just alter the order of your existing mods. Edited by bilarion

Are you using the old merged patch? The one before you change your load order? If so, this merged pack will need NVEC NVCE PN Equipment Patch.esp to be activated, which is not. Delete this merged patch and create another. Remember, every time that you change anything in your load order, you need to create a new merged patch and delete the old one, even if you just alter the order of your existing mods.

Alright, I created another merged patch and performed a master update.