Load order advice

nallik876

When you load a number of mods in FNVEdit, you will see a number left of each one. Numbers like [00], [01], [02] etc. This is the load order of each mod and it's in hexadecimal code.

Suppose the WMR_Vanilla_S.esp has a number of [00]. Then WMR_DeadMoney_S.esp should have [01] (as it's the next mod in the order). So the thing that you have to do is change every record in the WMR_DeadMoney_S.esp that starts with 01, to 00.

So in your case, I guess that the WMR_GunRunnersArsenal_S.esp has a [4B] number left of it, that means that WMR_Vanilla_S.esp has a [49]. You must change the record 4B000ADD in WMR_GunRunnersArsenal_S.esp, to 49000ADD. Hope that helps!

Edited by bilarion

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you load a number of mods in FNVEdit, you will see a number left of each one. Numbers like [00], [01], [02] etc. This is the load order of each mod and it's in hexadecimal code.

Suppose the WMR_Vanilla_S.esp has a number of [00]. Then WMR_DeadMoney_S.esp should have [01] (as it's the next mod in the order). So the thing that you have to do is change every record in the WMR_DeadMoney_S.esp that starts with 01, to 00.

So in your case, I guess that the WMR_GunRunnersArsenal_S.esp has a [4B] number left of it, that means that WMR_Vanilla_S.esp has a [49]. You must change the record 4B000ADD in WMR_GunRunnersArsenal_S.esp, to 49000ADD. Hope that helps!

I know, but since that ID already exists, I'm worried that it'll cause a problem with the mod.

Oh yes I didn't realised that the id is the same on those two mods. I guess it's ok to change it, because the gun runners just overrides vanilla's value. Edited by bilarion

Oh yes I didn't realised that the id is the same on those two mods. I guess it's ok to change it, because the gun runners just overrides vanilla's value.

But the same ID also appears in the WMR honest hearts esp.

I'm merging the advanced recon esp files but I'm having another problem with changing the form ID's. Here is what happened when I changed the ID form of a file in the AR elite riot gear helmet esp: <Note: NVDLC04HelmetRiotGearUnique "Elite Riot Gear Helmet" [ARMO:2400885A] was injected into Advanced Recon Gear.esp>

Error updating FormID for NVDLC04DeadSniper02 "NCR Riot Control" [NPC_:0800D1AE] - [08] LonesomeRoad.esm: FormID [2400885A] references a master which is not available in file [08] LonesomeRoad.esm

Error updating FormID for NVDLC04DeadSniper02 "NCR Riot Control" [NPC_:0800D1AE] - [0A] NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm: FormID [2400885A] references a master which is not available in file [0A] NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm

Error updating FormID for NVECFormIDListAdds3LR [sCPT:0A002BD4] - [0A] NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm: FormID [2400885A] references a master which is not available in file [0A] NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm

Error updating FormID for PNxDLCSetupScript [sCPT:4C001107] - [4C] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp: FormID [2400885A] references a master which is not available in file [4C] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

Error updating FormID for PNxLRScanlineOverlayRiotOrderedList [FLST:4C007A73] - [4C] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp: FormID [2400885A] references a master which is not available in file [4C] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp

1 records out of 6 total records which reference FormID [0800885A] have been updated to [2400885A]

Hmm, the problem is that you're trying to change some records that are just references to another records. And you end up altering the base object, which messes up all the references to it...I think. I'm not sure about this, but I have two solutions for you. I discovered a great utility for merging plugins. You can download it here. Either use that or just don't touch these values.

If you decide not to alter these values, make the merging, and then check the formid of the same riot gear helmet to see if it has been automatically changed.

P.S: I told you yesterday that I would merge the "More Perks" plugins. Keep in mind that if you have used any of the perks on your character, merging these plugins together would probably mess up your stats.

Edited by bilarion

Hmm, the problem is that you're trying to change some records that are just references to another records. And you end up altering the base object, which messes up all the references to it...I think. I'm not sure about this, but I have two solutions for you. I discovered a great utility for merging plugins. You can download it here. Either use that or just don't touch these values.

If you decide not to alter these values, make the merging, and then check the formid of the same riot gear helmet to see if it has been automatically changed.

P.S: I told you yesterday that I would merge the "More Perks" plugins. Keep in mind that if you have used any of the perks on your character, merging these plugins together would probably mess up your stats.

I think I'll skip trying to merge the advanced recon plugins. Is there a way that I can figure out what causes my game to crash; A program that I can download to see what kind of error caused my game to CTD?

I think I'll skip trying to merge the advanced recon plugins. Is there a way that I can figure out what causes my game to crash; A program that I can download to see what kind of error caused my game to CTD?

Not that I know of. Basically, I would like to know myself if such a program exists (maybe game log file?). Anyway, I've seen your specs, and you have a powerful PC. So, textures and generally graphics are not the issue. Then there are conflicts and heavy-scripted mods left. The last advice I can give you if you haven't managed to make your game stable already, is to deactivate a couple of mods which have the most conflicts, or deactivate one or two of your most big and script intensive mods. It's a trial and error process. Removing mods always works for me.

P.S: When I told you to do a master update, you said that it messes up some mods. You were right. For example master updating messed up the questline in New Vegas Bounties for me. If you haven't seen many improvements with it, I suggest you do a master restore. Just keep it in mind as a means of a last resort mod troubleshooting. Ultimately, the best way to avoid crashes and to have a stable game is, for me, adding mods one to four at a time, playing with them for a number of hours, then adding more and repeat. I hope that helps man.

Edited by bilarion