Would it matter IF ...

jjb54

Black lives matter.... but, it seems, only when they are killed by police.

In the US, on average, cops kill about 200 blacks per year. Right around 500 whites are killed per year.

And there are four times as many white people as black in the US. Math tells us those numbers mean that you're roughly twice as likely to get killed by police if you're black. You tend to bring them up to suggest black people have nothing to complain about, but those same numbers tell the opposite story.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the US, on average, cops kill about 200 blacks per year. Right around 500 whites are killed per year.

And there are four times as many white people as black in the US. Math tells us those numbers mean that you're roughly twice as likely to get killed by police if you're black. You tend to bring them up to suggest black people have nothing to complain about, but those same numbers tell the opposite story.

That's very true, however, when you take into consideration that blacks commit better than 50% of violent crime, though represent only 13% of the population, why would anyone be surprised that cops shoot them in disproportionate numbers?

no links - no suprises. colour me shocked.

Not like the FBI website, or DoD website, are hard to find........

Edited by HeyYou

Guys just jumping back on to say stop debating these two. They don't want their minds changed, they don't want to have a conversation, they just want to have their own opinions validated by others.

I already addressed every single point they brought up in the first few pages, and provided links and sources to my facts. HeyYou's response was basically, "I don't care", and jjb54 is just repeating the same thing ad nauseam.

They don't care about context, they just want to spout numbers as though those have meaning without it, they don't care about the math because even when it's explained to them they still spout the same bull.

I mean, the very sites they are saying they got their information from (even though they are just spouting tired right-wing talking points, so I think they just looked at the numbers and then left) basically disprove their talking points when you look at the context they provide.

They'll just label you a liar or brainwashed when they can't retort back, I mean it's even in the debate prompt when jjb54 keeps insinuating that if you don't share his personal beliefs and opinions you are lying.

So I'd stop responding to them, and just let the topic die out. I mean, you can't take them seriously when they believe BLM is a terrorist organization (something only Fox News correspondents mentioned and then Right-wing media figures repeated) when literally nobody in the profession of categorizing/hunting terrorists believe that.

In their eyes, because a single member of the BLM was arrested 60 odd years ago for possibly planning something (and she was white on top of that), the entire BLM organization is terrorist. SMDH

sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States#Terrorist_organizations

There is no debate to be had here with this sort of logic.

That's very true, however, when you take into consideration that blacks commit better than 50% of violent crime, though represent only 13% of the population, why would anyone be surprised that cops shoot them in disproportionate numbers?

no links - no suprises. colour me shocked.

Not like the FBI website, or DoD website, are hard to find........

HeyYou -

But they are hard to find if you do NOT want to really know the facts.

Plus, I think they already know ... just REFUSE to accept and admit it.

This is a typical game a lot of people play ... PROVIDE A LINK ... Then 1 of 2 things ( or both happens )

1. They deny the data.

2. They "Rationalize" it away.

3. They do not know how to use Google Search.

4. ALL THE ABOVE.

But yet .. when you ask the other side to provide links, one of the first things posted: Go do the homework, it's easy to find!

They are going to get hit with a lot of HARDBALL facts in the coming weeks and they will be running in denial and emo-fallout.

THEY CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH ... but at some point they are going to have to.

BLM is a MARXIST AGENDA DRIVEN MOVEMENT ...

CASE IN POINT:

BLM Co-Founder Patrisse Cullors "We are Marxists, we (sic) are Ideological"
Yes, listen to her OWN WORDS.
It's not about BLACK LIVES MATTER ... it's about MARXISM.
More shortly to come.

Now read this .... and again remember this BLM agenda is being sold as BLACK LIVES MATTER and yet ....

Black Lives Matter: "We Are Trained Marxists" - Part I

* BLM's founders openly admit to being Marxist ideologues
* BLM states that it wants to abolish: the nuclear family; police and prisons; heteronormativity; and capitalism.
* BLM, which is not registered as a non-profit organization for tax purposes, has raised tens of millions of dollars in donations.
More yet to come ....
For those wondering and such. I have cancer, so there is limits to what I can do right now as I tire easily. I will gladly provide proof to mod. of said cancer .. if need be. He / She will be asked to keep type and such quiet .. I am due some privacy. But the cancer is very real. I start Radiation Therapy and likely some surgery in Aug.

Guys just jumping back on to say stop debating these two. They don't want their minds changed, they don't want to have a conversation, they just want to have their own opinions validated by others.

I already addressed every single point they brought up in the first few pages, and provided links and sources to my facts. HeyYou's response was basically, "I don't care", and jjb54 is just repeating the same thing ad nauseam.

They don't care about context, they just want to spout numbers as though those have meaning without it, they don't care about the math because even when it's explained to them they still spout the same bull.

I mean, the very sites they are saying they got their information from (even though they are just spouting tired right-wing talking points, so I think they just looked at the numbers and then left) basically disprove their talking points when you look at the context they provide.

They'll just label you a liar or brainwashed when they can't retort back, I mean it's even in the debate prompt when jjb54 keeps insinuating that if you don't share his personal beliefs and opinions you are lying.

So I'd stop responding to them, and just let the topic die out. I mean, you can't take them seriously when they believe BLM is a terrorist organization (something only Fox News correspondents mentioned and then Right-wing media figures repeated) when literally nobody in the profession of categorizing/hunting terrorists believe that.

In their eyes, because a single member of the BLM was arrested 60 odd years ago for possibly planning something (and she was white on top of that), the entire BLM organization is terrorist. SMDH

sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States#Terrorist_organizations

There is no debate to be had here with this sort of logic.

I could easily same the same about your points.

The fact is, blacks are discriminated against because of the perception folks have of them, by seeing their behavior in their own communities. Blacks commit FAR more crime than their population should account for, thus, cops are going to treat blacks differently than whites. (and particularly in those very same neighborhoods.....) Why is that so hard to understand?

When their whole culture appears to glorifiying the thug life, teaching mistrust of any authority, (the very same authorities they are demanding help them......) Having the right shoes is more important than getting an education. There are THOUSANDS of programs to specifically help blacks better their position in life, yet very few of them take advantage of them. Their response to a perceived wrong is to burn down their neighborhoods...... And even when it is PROVEN beyond ANY doubt that a police officer was quite correct in his actions, they STILL scream racism, and burn down some more neighborhoods.

The press is highly complicit in this as well. If a black man is killed by police, it is EVERYWHERE. Yet how many articles/news stories has anyone seen about a white being shot by the cops??? I think I remember ONE in the last year or so, when the Australian lady that CALLED the cops was shot by the cops.......

And what is happening in the cities where they are 'defunding' the police? Or placing heavy restrictions on them? Crime, including shootings.... is skyrocketing. And that is black on black crime.

BLM is NOT about black lives. If they actually were, they would be attempting to address issues in their own neighborhoods. The things they ARE complaining about in their 'hood, lack of opportunity, lack of jobs/economic development, etc, relates DIRECTLY back to the crime rates in those areas.

But then, I have covered all of this before, and the only answers I get back, are insults, and being accused of lying.

It appears that no one here wants their mind changed. They have their positions, and they stick to them regardless of facts/evidence presented that discredits them. And when that happens? Its back to insults and character assassination. The favored tools of the left.

Break down from 3 different pages from FBI - DOD - DHS sites:

So, here’s the 2018 breakdown of the 995 people shot and killed by the police.
403 were white, 210 were black, 148 were Hispanic, 38 were classified as other, and 199 were classified as unknown.
... I was unable to find what they meant by "UNKNOWN" ... I'm not even going to speculate, as we simply have NO IDEA?
Out of that 995, 47 were unarmed — 23 were white, 17 were black, 5 were Hispanic, and 2 were unknown.
Out of the 30-50 million interactions that the police had with the American public last year, 10 million people were arrested, and less than 0.01 percent were shot and killed by the police. Out of those 10 million people arrested, 47 of those shot and killed were unarmed, which equates to 0.00047 percent, 17 of which were black.
I will have more ... trying to do some serious catch up and using my energy as wisely as I can ...

BLM has stated: "IF YOU DO NOT GIVE US OUR DEMANDS ... WE WILL BURN EVERYTHING DOWN."

Sorry, dude, but that is a very clear sample of terrorist menace. I cant support that and no authority should yield to such demands. Is common sense. Civism over all. That's the way to achieve positive things. And the best example is Martin Luther King.

There are many problems of all kinds in USA? That's right. But Marxism is not the solution because Marxism has not ever been the solution in any country. But that is something that the only way to learn it is the hard way. You can ask the citizens of the ex-soviets republics.

We can go further, but I dont have to eat an egg completly to know it is rotten and BLM is not making the right approach about this matter.

Edited by AmaccurzerO