Something big is going to be announed

Thor.

That's £280, that's even better, it'll be interesting to see what the price will be once tax is added, they'll have to take that into account if they don't want another £400 console that no one buys.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The even starts today and all you are wondering when they will announce the thing lol.

Here is a live feed of the event

http://www.geekosystem.com/sony-ps4-live-stream/

and IGN is supposedly streaming it live

http://ca.ign.com/

Edited by Thor.

I have seen the stream they had a link over at gametrailers.com and I have to say that sony is trying to KILL the pc! They are trying to take the used game market entirely for themselves and the original game devs who will no doubt get a cut of every used game sold in order for sony to sell those games through their network. They invited the ceo of gamestop a popular american and uk game store chain to see the ps4 I think yesterday and he tweeted about it then too sounding really impressed. But in reality they just sat down with him in a small room and told him to start planning his early retirement because in a few years there will be no used game market anymore. Everyone will flock to ps4 and whatever m$ comes up with probably the same thing. There will be no more physical media and thus no more used games. Maybe not right away but in time it will all be over. Then the fight will break out over prices for sales of "old" games as digital downloads kind of like how paid tv industry is in america right now. Sometimes espn wants more money from comcast or cox or whoever and they argue over it meanwhile espn channels go down on said networks until months later the paid tv company relents and passes the buck on to the customers.

That will be the future for console gamers, a slightly good enough pc in a box that does everything and lets you play games on the vita from your home console as a server. Nvidia made that new thing can't remember the name atm probably gonna work the same way for pc users but if something like ps4 and the next failbox come out and do really well, we will see a serious decline in pc gaming in the future. Everyone was doubting AMD would survive without new video cards and cpu but they are the heart of these new consoles. They will no doubt branch out into other devices "approved" for use with these new platforms aka tablets and some crap for cell phones and make much more money than they ever did with pc industry down the road.

By taking the gaming industry away from the pc, these companies will doom any future pc hardware development except for hollywood needing render farms and autocad and autodesk blah blah. So nvidia will take up that spot and anyone using a pc for anything else will be looked at as some kind of hacker or criminal at some point unless they are at work using msoffice or whatever. This is all about control and money that is all it is really about and by involving facebook in this scheme, they ensure govts like the US govt a much cheaper and more effective monitoring platform of people in their country. Facebook will sell soooo much more personal info to the US and UK govts than they ever did before!

The only thing holding all of this back is the internet providers in america that really suck like AT&T and comcast some others too and also internet providers in the UK that run slow on purpose. Japan and south korea are pretty much set for this new console stuff but there is no way in hell anyone in america or UK is gonna pay that data plan bill for the vita just to play a game at their home from somewhere else. So lets see just how fast sony and m$ and whoever else is in this mess can grease some squeaky wheels and get their way because right now it is just a joke to think that AT&T or comcast would tolerate MILLIONS of people trying to stream and or download 30gb plus sized games all the time non stop. Lol the only way it would work is through comcast because AT&T is still largely DSL so 4k down if your lucky. Comcast had a 250gb monthly limit but said they got rid of it but that will come back real quick when ps4 comes out. Having only a 100 something gb hdd on the ps4 means you have to redownload games at some point and clear that hdd off a lot. They could have put a 500gb drive in there non ssd and done better than messing with ssd if they even do that.

Sony and no doubt m$ too are trying to kill the pc gaming market and convert it to console only and tell everyone they have no excuse this time and then label any pc gamer as a criminal or pirate. This has greed written all over it but facebook will make the most money from this whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if facebook owned some part of sony at some near point in the future.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

EDIT

Buy more facebook stock in the near future it will be going way up lol.

For simple proof that this 3ogb game streaming is not gonna work in US and UK just look at how hard it is to watch this stream of the ps4? I was watching it from gametrailers and it crashed my pc! Got back on and it lagged a lot and had problems which made me stop watching it. Been looking at comments elsewhere on the net and many people complaining about bad stream too. I don't think sony has enough money to buy a large enough stake in AT&T and comcast but maybe m$ does. This is going to be very interesting to see just how bad this greed gets.

EDIT AGAIN

Oh and I had to lmfao at that touchpad on the controller, can we say pc? Lol throughout the speeches those sony reps gave I could just insert pc into their bs and be right about it. They didn't want to mention the word pc not even once!

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

I doubt the ps4 will make the pc obsolete, hardware changes and so do the games, You can't upgrade a console, only a pc can do that.

just like the ps3 it will be a restraint for game developers in the future, and we will be complaining that the console is restraining us.

its happened before

pc's are used for many different things, not just for games, there will always be a call for newer and better hardware in the future, its how the way the economy works.

i was kin d of disappointed at the level pof graphics like presented, i was hoping something better then current games are like today on pc. Although i am eager to see that new fox engine again (:

It makes anything that they showed at that conference except that racing game, other then that look like yesterdays graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acq2RRTQrs0

i doubt it would be a launch title though.

I'm hoping for no tearing, the one thing the ps3 is bad at is the fact screen tearing is bad. hopefully they would have the fps locked with the new consoles, i can take 60fps any day. or some fancy rendering.

Edited by Thor.

The ps4 does not make anything obsolete by hardware, what I mean is the ps4 is a good enough pc in a box so they don't have to change it for another ten or twelve years just like before only this time it really is just good enough to keep people buying games for $60 or more. The devs and publishers kind of needed the pc market up until now. Now they can finally make money (their opinion) by reigning in ALL gamers to a closed, locked down, controlled system that also gathers all kinds of sellable metrics from each and every user. Services like onlive won't be needed because the server is the console and the client is the vita and later some phones etc. no need to invest in heavy server infrastructure because the console IS the infrastructure! Also by putting all that tv on the web crap on there aka youtube hulu etc and you can view it from your vita and later other crap it will be a big competitor for cable tv or paid tv and apple tv.

Because of the closed system there will be no more huge hardware development except for certain markets that won't have anything to do with pc gaming. They are trying to control everything we do with gaming and merge it into money making social media crap. They are going to succeed because it will be sooooo easy to just turn on a vita or a phone and play a game which is always on and always ready to play. They also won't have to make smartphone games anymore because ps4 can be played remotely through vita and later other crap. They are trying to kill smart phone gaming "casual gaming" as we know it and merge it into their closed system as well. People everywhere will go right along with this crap because they have no idea just how bad this all really is. At some point when they control everything, they won't even have to do any kind of decent job at writing or graphics or gameplay. Just make another iphone casual game with good graphics and people will buy it for $60 or more. What would people do? Go back to pc? LMAO nothing left there and m$ would be the same thing as sony so this is all about getting people away from markets they don't control completely and squeezing all the blood out of us turnips.

Control i don't believe they are controlling anything, closed systems have limits and so do pc hardware, but again pc's can be upgraded. Like that Watch Dogs game its going to be released on pc. Its a matter of releasing it on multiple platforms.

Even the new xbox

Edited by Thor.

Desktop users are the severe minority now. Ironically it takes a desktop development kit to make a console game lol but arm and virtual machine sessions hosted from a server at work are the future of work stations for company employees so there goes the desktop business market. Laptops are mostly used now by average person and they hate lugging that around so arm is the future or something like it that is touch screen. Surface pro with that rubber keyboard looks silly now but at some point there will be a fancy keyboard for a propped up arm device with touch screen that the user can see better. Only very specific users of desktops will still use them and the prices will be super high, intel will see to that. The younger generations already don't like desktop pc in general because it makes them look like older generation of nerdy people that complain about console games. Peer pressure is killing future desktop sales all the time because who wants to look like that guy from that southpark episode with no life playing wow and killing off all the characters while looking really bored? Also it really does suck to sit in front of a pc for a long time. I do it but I don't like it nobody does. If that shield thing from nvidia could make it possible to do pc with a tv somewhere else in the house away from noisy fans of a desktop and yet have mouse and keyboard not crappy console controller then we have that in the short term I guess.

I actually like desktop, I don't like laptop console or phone but it does hurt after a while sitting in front of the pc. You can't game and socialize in person at the same time, young people especially know this to be true. You also can't drive a car and game at the same time but many dumb people will try and the average young driver will be worse next year than they are this year at driving lol.

the pc supports the 360 controller just fine, and the glare thing is solved when you get a LED, it works :biggrin: LED's don't produce is much light as a lcd screen would. I tested it out myself :teehee:

great for developers..

you really are one sided, technology never stops expanding, neither does "Computers"

And my first comment still stands when it comes to bottlenecks, even now the ps4 seems like one already

I'm waiting for quantum Dots :biggrin: polys or so yesterday, like when are we leaving lol.

Edited by Thor.

Its definitely not got the specs to come anywhere close to higher end gaming machines. Although if its $400 at launch, its definitely more powerful than any PC you can build for the same price.

I've been using gamefly to rent PS3 games because I got tired of paying $60 for overhyped shovelware. If I can't do that on PS4 then I'm not buying the system.

I don't need a console that acts just like a PC because I already got a PC that is superior to the PS4 console.

Also average internet speeds are nowhere near capable of tackling an enormous download like 40gbs in a timely manner. Would take days or maybe even weeks for some people. I think its far too soon to be pushing that on the consumers, and I think they are going to pay for it with poor sales. Digital distribution for 40gb games will be absolute fail.

Edit:

Found some Killzone: Shadow fall screen shots.

http://www.abload.de/img/1shows.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/2fooy0.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/3m3p08.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/4phrt5.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/5f8rki.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/60jpco.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/7czr3n.jpg

The game looks good, and its what I'd expect for an improvement. I've been playing PC games that look that good or better since at least 2010 though.

Edited by Beriallord