How To Merge Multiple Mods with Multiple Master Files

MTichenor

And then for combining files I had to do it one at once. No multiples, just wouldn't work.

So I'd RicghtClick 'ArmourModOne' renumber its form Ids to say 111111

Then I'd I'd RightClick 'ArmourModTWO' and renumber its form Ids to 111222.

Granted I never used Tes5Edit for merging mods, I'm still pretty sure you have the answer to your problem right there. You even spelled it out for yourself, you just couldn't see it...

The example says you should renum the form IDs with 6 numbers, the first 2 numbers should be your load order to make them "unique". When you renum the first mod with 111111 and the second mod with 111222, you basically limit the first mod to have less than 111 forms... Anything that goes over that 111 limit and s*** hit the fan.... The more complex the mod, the more form IDs there will be and the more you need to use number that have bigger difference between them. Using 110000 for the first mod and 120000 for the second would probably solve your problem.

Bloody hell. I wish I knew that last week! Spent ages meging individual ESP's to make this: Bamm Bodyslide Armou Merge Mod That would have saved me soooo much time.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then for combining files I had to do it one at once. No multiples, just wouldn't work.

So I'd RicghtClick 'ArmourModOne' renumber its form Ids to say 111111

Then I'd I'd RightClick 'ArmourModTWO' and renumber its form Ids to 111222.

Granted I never used Tes5Edit for merging mods, I'm still pretty sure you have the answer to your problem right there. You even spelled it out for yourself, you just couldn't see it...

The example says you should renum the form IDs with 6 numbers, the first 2 numbers should be your load order to make them "unique". When you renum the first mod with 111111 and the second mod with 111222, you basically limit the first mod to have less than 111 forms... Anything that goes over that 111 limit and s*** hit the fan.... The more complex the mod, the more form IDs there will be and the more you need to use number that have bigger difference between them. Using 110000 for the first mod and 120000 for the second would probably solve your problem.

Bloody hell. I wish I knew that last week! Spent ages meging individual ESP's to make this: Bamm Bodyslide Armou Merge Mod That would have saved me soooo much time.

I was also a bit wrong... I just realized the 111 difference is hexadecimal, not decimal (facepalm to myself). So technically, that 111 difference in hexa gives you 273 form ids instead of 111.

The principle stays the same, any mod with more than 273 form ids will cause troubles and my advice to use a bigger difference still stand.

Glad I could help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to do this with some weapons and armor mods, but they all appeared invisible :L

What did I miss/do wrong?

Are they in the game though? I.e. you can select them but nothing appears or if you go to console it appears on the list with a code if you do the 'help <name> 4'? If so it sounds like you might be missing the meshes. I know if you merge weapons/armours which use BSA's you need to unpack the contents of the BSA into the Skyrim data folder or it doesn't read them, at least that's what I found.

That or some of them are just incompatible. What are you actually merging anyways? IA/IW by any chance?

hi.. thanks for this guide..

just want to give an idea..

how about a list of mods that can be merged without problem.
might make it easier for others to merge their mod..

BTW, is it safe to merge big scripted mods like skytest, immersive creatures, etc?

Edited by farhanzaki

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I want to merge several mods that change the race record and of course they all are in conflict with each other.

I suppose that there is no way to create a merged patch of other records other than the leveled list right ?

A while ago I created a pascal script for TES5Edit that would reset the "Opposite Gender Anims" flags of a list of NPCs. That script was simple but one that would merge race records is quite complicated, maybe someone has seen some script similar I can modify to do it ?

Edit: TES5Edit continues to surprise me, although it didn't pick the races record it did create a merge patch using Other >> Create Merged Patch. So close...

Edited by turulo

This idea seems great. I find that so many different mods and tweaks can make this game very touchy. How hard would it be to get together a pack together of several Mods, include skyrim and skyrimprefs, an ENB, and give credit to the original authors of the mods? i.e. would this be stepping on anyone's toes?

My system uses an i5 3570k overclocked and 2 660 GTX OC in SLI mode. With only 2GB of VRAM, I've had trouble with texture packs in Skyrim. It would be fantastic if instead of the 'MOD' guides that give instructions to setup and combine several MODs and settings, the process could be simplified.

This idea seems great. I find that so many different mods and tweaks can make this game very touchy. How hard would it be to get together a pack together of several Mods, include skyrim and skyrimprefs, an ENB, and give credit to the original authors of the mods? i.e. would this be stepping on anyone's toes?

Only if you didn't ask them, first. Some authors want more than just credit, and some authors will expressly forbid you from distributing any such thing.