The most beautiful places in skyrim

Xaikarik

So whilst I'm butchering my way through the lands of skyrim I always come across really pretty looking places,

Tonight I arrived in ivarsted whilst the northern light style effect was out, it laid an awesome cool blue glow over the town

Just wondering if you guys had any cool experiences like this?

There's quite a few that are my favorites, but I tend to favor large expanses and natural beauty over stunning architecture, a notable example being the Snow Elf Sanctum in the Dawnguard DLC. I mostly like lakes, though. The ones in Falkreath and the Rift are beautiful, and the frozen lake in the Vale is particularly stunning if you catch a glimpse of it before those two dragons wreck that pristine beauty. The Sea of Ghosts is really nice under clear skies when the aurora is shining and a moon or two is out.

Fallowstone Cave. The first time I walked in I was all wibbling in awe.... I adore that cave. I want to live there. (I need craftable and placeable chests and barrels or something for that, but it's a fantasy.) It's a gorgeous cave.

Climb nearly any large hill in The Reach on a clear day and you'll see some nice views. Even crossing the bridge and getting your first glimpse of Markarth from a distance is pretty nice. Only problem in The Reach is getting a nice clear day can be a challenge sometimes - especially when you are wanting one.

Climb nearly any large hill in The Reach on a clear day and you'll see some nice views. Even crossing the bridge and getting your first glimpse of Markarth from a distance is pretty nice. Only problem in The Reach is getting a nice clear day can be a challenge sometimes - especially when you are wanting one.

Yeah, there are always Forsworn or dragons in the way :P

When I entered Blackreach for the very first time, the beauty literally stopped me in my tracks. Seriously thinking about moving in there.

Hope you don't mind Chaurus and Falmer crawling all over the place...

For me the Forgotten Vale definitely takes the cake. Cool ice formations, giant half-frozen lake, the Temple of Auri-El. Yup.