Blog piece: Ads, Supporters, Endorsements and Bandwidth Throttling

Dark0ne

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just signed up for a one month subscription to help out. You should add a permanent message to the main page at least asking people to disable adblockers. If they're like me it just slipped their minds.

The adds do not bother me as long as they are not pop-ups or flashy animated ones. Also, my connection is so slow that I only ever get about 200 KB/s so the premium service doesn't do much for me. This was a nice reminder to disable my adblocker on this site. It was disabled previously but I forgot to do so again after a reinstall months ago.

On the endorsements system, by the time the time delay has passed I have completely forgotten about it. Plus, when I update the mod, the download has already started when I notice the button and by then it is to late. If I can remember I do try to go back and endorse the mods I really like.

full member sub cash will be on its way asap when spare (I am a student so I'm broke all the time).

for the mean while i will also do the spare quid thing as i am an avid down-loader here and you boys deserve some credit for a very good experience. i don't mind the ad's but i do understand why people get a bit funny about them tho i believe supporting community's such as this one inspires new creative thought and some of the mods are incredible i think games designers should take a leaf out of the mod community's hand book. long live modding long-live the NEXUS.

i believe the implementations you have suggested are very fair kudos to you Dark0ne, your team and all you mod makers, publishers, converters, scriptwriter's, nexus gives you a place and you guys make the techno magic happen :D

HEAR HEAR

I didn't know that CPM style of ads exist!

I thought pay-per-click is the only style of ads!

Good thing I don't use AdBlocker. And keep the Forest Fire Bear coming!

Also, does the new system require us to at least download one mod every 30 days?

@captiva, how is that GUEST thing with Pay Pal working ?

When you say it linked to your account, do they mean you checking/savings account or just the account used for the debit card ?

I really would hate to have anything linked to Pay Pal but if it's like a one time charge then I can live with that ;)

No I meant it linked to my Nexus Account... as in it instantly made me a premium member...

Sorry for saying it akward... It was a one time charge, and I have nothing to do with Pay Pal still...

it won't link to your bank accounts or anything like that if you do it as a guest, it just charges you like any other normal debit charge and you are done. So you are fine...

@Nofsdad... I thought I detected some cranky old man in your responses, but then again you prolly detected snotty know it all in mine... but give when others need it, and God will provide the rest when you do... Hopefully... Good luck to ya SIr and God Bless.

Edited by Captiva

No I meant it linked to my Nexus Account... as in it instantly made me a premium member...

Sorry for saying it akward... It was a one time charge, and I have nothing to do with Pay Pal still...

it won't link to your bank accounts or anything like that if you do it as a guest, it just charges you like any other normal debit charge and you are done. So you are fine...

@Nofsdad... I thought I detected some cranky old man in your responses, but then again you prolly detected snotty know it all in mine... but give when others need it, and God will provide the rest when you do... Hopefully... Good luck to ya SIr and God Bless.

You're absolutely right. I am a cranky old man (I'll be 70 in two weeks) but I'm a cranky old man who's been running computers, playing computer games and been on line in one form or another for almost 30 years now and has operated and/or moderated forums (starting back in the days when they were merely bulletin boards and my computer was a Commodore 64). If I've learned one thing it's that if you're gonna charge for something others offer free, your service better be at least a measurable amount better than theirs. This site meets that requirement and IS better than the rest and that... coupled with a couple of other things... made me decide it was worth supporting with a few of my extremely meager bucks. .

One question... I only play FNV for now but if I decide to start playing other Nexus games, will the fee I've paid cover their downloads also?