Microsoft buys out Bethesda Studios!

bluepigeon

Microsoft specifically bought Bethesda to help Microsoft's Xbox business. Everything from here on out will be Xbox first, every other platform second.

Hope you like the Microsoft store and using a Microsoft Account for everything.

Fallout 1 was a PC based RPG.

Fallout 2 was a PC based RPG.

Fallout 3 was a PC based RPG with a console port.

Fallout New Vegas was a PC based RPG with a console port.

Fallout 4 was a casual gaming console based shooter with a PC port.

Fallout 76 was a pathetic cash grab by taking a feature planned for Fallout 4 and slapping a hastily made game around it.

If you liked the depth of a true RPG, then Fallout 4 was a huge step in the wrong direction. On the other hand, if you are a casual gamer and you just like going through the game without having to think much about what you are doing, Fallout 4 was a huge improvement. For you casual gamers, the future of Fallout is for you. For us RPG players, Fallout is dead. Bethesda either lost the ability to make an RPG somewhere along the way or they just refused to make one. Either way, the Fallout RPG is no more. This is the final nail in the coffin. Between Bethesda already shifting to casual console gamers and Microsoft's focus on Xbox, there's no way that Fallout will ever return to its roots now.

RIP Fallout.

Obsidian wants to make RPGs. Unfortunately they aren't allowing real mods yet, and won't be for the foreseeable future.

Everyone keeps comparing every new Fallout game to New Vegas, and every Obsidian game to New Vegas. Hmmm... makes you think that there are a lot of gamers out there who want a game like New Vegas, doesn't it? And yet Bethesda and Obsidian both refuse to make a game like that. Bethesda won't make an RPG and Obsidian won't make a game that allows real modding.

I have some hope that Obsidian will allow modding at some point. I have no hope at all for Bethesda/Microsoft. Maybe they'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

As long as Microsh#t does not make the next ElderScrolls / Fallout game "subscription based" (even for singleplayer,, so that if you don't go "online" for a month or so, the game won't start) or some BS like that ...

I personally like buying a game and then having it "forever", I don't like it when people try to take things away from me .....

The beautiful thing if you have no expectations is that you will almost always get a nice surprise, because you know, it could have been worse .....

Microsoft specifically bought Bethesda to help Microsoft's Xbox business. Everything from here on out will be Xbox first, every other platform second.

Fallout 3 was a PC based RPG with a console port.

Fallout New Vegas was a PC based RPG with a console port.

Fallout 4 was a casual gaming console based shooter with a PC port.

I have some hope that Obsidian will allow modding at some point.

Consoles are where the big bucks are at, so that drives the industry. Even though console players are jealous of their parent's PC and refer to those playing on it as the master race, game studios write for the console. I doubt the XBox people will ever refuse to allow games for the PC like Sony does.

It would be great if Obsidian would make a creation kit so mods could happen on the Outer Worlds. That will be critical it they make Fallout New Vegas 2.