WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

I am sure that this can be made in a more obvious and pedagogic way and that these 2 chests or rather cabinets could be mistaken for something else, but I did what I could at least:

50916053991_d9e66bb6b4_o.png

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally. All 8 scripts are made and tomorrow I add them in CS and start the beta testing. It is a main quest script, 3 functions and 4 spells scripts. I have not compiled a single script yet, so it will be interesting to see if I blow up the house or crash the game with this. :D

Now I gonna try Daggerfall Unity as a pure mage, which I have never done before. It looks so damn good after I installed D.R.E.A.M, which is a tiny 3.6 Gb mod and I thought my house mod was big, not compared to that Unity mod as then it is tiny. :D I did played with it for 2 hours yesterday as Barbarian but now I wanna test something new.

Edited by Pellape

Having 4 scripts that points at each others and trying to compile them are not easy... :wallbash:

This script -> At this other script, that <- point back to the first script and all scripts <> points here and there, and everywhere. What a mess I made :) But who said it was gonna be easy?

Kennedy said 1961: We do not do this because it is easy. We do it because it is hard.

I was forced to remark loads of rows to be able to get even a single one to be compiled. Now I have to look through the script and and undo them... :/

Damn this takes so long time to make but I do it extremely slowly and methodical as I want it as perfect as possible. I will not beta test it tonight as beta testing is never good to do at night time in case I run into any issues as then I will not fall asleep for sure. I will add options to the house settings tomorrow so you can list the chests in the database to start with and I guess I need one more array that stores the cells where the chest are placed, only for the list. A good database do have the option to list its content after all. ;)

Damn - Time to start the beta testing and I do not want to do it really. The scripts are so damn complex and optimated that when I read them, I have hard time to follow them myself and I did write it all after all, from scratch. :D

I will start with 2 chests that are empty, adding them and deleting them from the database, adding stuff to them and withdraw and sort. So far I have not implemented the listing and I do that after the first test.

I do feel anxious at the moment, as this stops me from playing the game right now after all and if it doesn't work... I will make it work. How hard can it be after all? :wink: I do not want to test it... I go and take a break... *walks away*

Edited by Pellape

As I did expect ... Something to be not correct

Operator := failed to evaluate to a valid result
    File: hobbitHome.esp Offset: 0x0428 Command: Let

So what do work so far? Well adding a chest did work and also if I tried to add the same chest twice, did work correct as well as it refused to do so. I will now try to find which of all Let I use is wrong. It is most likely so that it is trying to use a none initiated array index i guess.

Edited by Pellape

Nope. I did find a bug, as i tried to do some vice verse stuff with variables... I am correcting them now but my head is in a very chaotic state right now... ;) I knew this would happen

I do hate to debugging scripts. I and most likely everyone wants them to work perfect immediately. I am trying to figure out how I thought 3 days ago... I think I know... :wallbash:

I will peek at that when I am done with this s h i t e Drake and if I do not sort it out myself, I will bother you with it but I will not at this stage, as you will get :sick: reading these scripts, I guarantee it.

Edited by Pellape