WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

Coffe Machine

I slowly started to form the Dwemer Coffee machine that I will place in the kitchen and the pitcher is almost finished. I need to work a lot with the UV at the handle, but half is done and it sure takes long time to hand make a bloody UV. I want all parts to have 8 sides as they have in Morrowind really. ;)

50777092057_7533e4b9fb_o.png

I do not know yet how the glass will look in game as I was forced to do it double sided, in case the player looks down in the pitcher and I have bad experiances from that when I last tried to make glass 15 years ago, so I might need to delete the inside... I will also make a machine and a funnel.

Coffee Ingredients

I plan to make 4 ingredients and I basically want to use them for poisons so the coffee bean will be suitable to use in alchemy with 3 different blends of coffee... I am not sure of all 4 types of effects at the 4 ingredients but this is what I know right now:

• Coffee Bean - Shock - Fire - Cold - Damage Health
  • Morrowind Light Roasted Coffee - Shock - Damage Health - x - x
  • Hammerfell Brand - Fire - Damage Health - x - x
  • Skyrim Blue Java - Cold - Damage Health - x - x

I might use some Drains as x maybe. The coffee it self will be flagged as food.

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not look to bad in game, with the right light settings but I need the work some on the glossiness as flat glass is never fun to deal with... I will also try to find out how to make the coffee to actually look black

50776522728_1eb8d4a8bf_o.jpg

Edited by Pellape

I do understand why those that made glass items, use so many curves, as flat glass looks terrible when it reflects light. I will try to add a glass with 48 sides, but slightly curvrd, so it still looks like 8 and it will be curved in z as well, like 8 bowls put together. I did lower the reflection in the normal texture file but instead of white reflection, I only got a dim grey one. It do not look normal or realistic. I also colored the glass orange.

I have done both Drake, Smoothing everything, which made the other parts looking better as well and I made the glass curved but I wanted it flat, made a better normal texture as well and recolored the blue glass texture to orange/brownish, added real coffee texture, that I also will use inside the coffee cups later on... But I guess this will do really. I guess it is time to fix the UV at the handle now :D

50779448038_167d3fd2fa_o.jpg

Edited by Pellape

It doesn't go fast. A funnel is added filled with coffee beans and the machine is slowly growing upwards. After I extruded a level, I need to move a lot of vertices manually... Maybe it is finished tomorrow, well max 2 more days though? I also need to fill the tank in the machine with water and add pipes in it and I most likely use mr_siika's pipes as they are maybe but pipes are fast and simple to make. :smile:
The UV at the handle looks good now as well by the way and I think I will use that texture that is on the handle for the bottom plate.
50781459327_b20fd8e01b_o.jpg

Why am I adding that spot where the machine is reddish on the right side? Well it is there the machine will be placed and I think I add 1-2 light sources there as well, to make it have the right colors...

The coffee plant

...will most likely be that same as Blackberry and the coffee bean as well I guess. I do wanted a plant from Morrowind, damn I forgot the name - It is all over the Vivec area and give ingredients that restore mana... A bush that are all over southern Morrowind... I logged in and checked -> The Comberry Bush

MW-flora-Comberry.jpg

Edited by Pellape

I think the Coffee Machine is finished now. the toå of the machine, became much smaller then I had expected, but I had to follow the curve that I made in small stages and it got very narrow at the top. There is a pipe inside the main water barrel and it is visible from some angles and not from others as that always happen when we put transparent stuff inside transparent stuff, so s*** happens... :wink:

Suitable light? Well I added a Dwemer Lamp of course above the machine... :D

50785102226_b2292b02cb_o.jpg

Tomorrow I will make suitable traditional 8-sided Dwemer Coffe Cups on plates :wink:

I might also add the pitcher as a Blunt Weapon, as I did in Elynda's Washroom for Morrowind, added a rusty Clothes Iron as a mace or maybe I did make all as maces? I don't remember but I can check as I do have it installed :D

Edited by Pellape

I am 100% satisfied with the pitcher and the funnel and the pipes. I am 53.4% satidfied with the machine. It looks as weird as this smith does really.

50726685537_760e49f581_b.jpg

I must try to do something about it. I will make a new version now and we see where it ends up as... All I can do is to follow the form upwards, but I start to delete a bit of the top glass barrel and make a new top. I will also add some rust at the bottom...

This looks much better really. I deleted 2 top sections at the glass barrel, moved it up and added and reformed the lowered sections and also made new UV to them and made a complete new top

50787951166_c446fbcbaf_o.jpg