⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have been using the Looting and sorting a lot this game session and I must add it is so convenient an relaxed to use all those spells but first when I came into the game, something odd did happen, which I did sort out after some thinking and brainstorming.

First i had to remake the listing as it did not work properly and I also included some code that will delete NULL references into it, and maybe that's something I could inform the player about but what does they care really... :wink: If I managed to include that bloody ghost object into the database, then I delete it as well as soon as possible so when and where, well that is not so important so I do it while listing and dumping it to the console and it works well.

Early this evening I got errors while sorting as we cannot sort NULL references so I added a printc before that line, went back into the game, saw it was a yarn that did show up when the error occurred. So I thought, well I only add yarns to a spacial place and that is direct into the loom as the MOO tools are also containers, so I add the resources directly to each of them. So I removed the Loom from the sorter and got more errors but I ignored them and added it back and made another sorting and it worked like a charm. I have not had any more errors since, not tonight. I do not expect that these more complex scripts and spells will work 100% really... :wink: I am happy as long as they do work though...

I am not so interested of what I am looting as I loot everything. What is interesting is - What is left in the inventory after all sorting is completed? What new and interesting objects have I found? :D

Where does most objects and up at? In the "Items For Sale" chest in the chop in Chorrol of course. :smile: The customers do buy all damn crap from it, to 120% of what it is worth. :D

Edited by Pellape

Before I did quit this days game session, I thought I better take a look at the staffs bedroom and it seems all that was need was to add a rank to the faction.
50968496608_98077bfb7a_o.jpg

The bedroom is far from finished, I will add more stuff, like at least 20 paintings and 10 are already made and I make 10 more later but I will aslo add 4 more so 24 paintings in this room. What is so special with the first 20? Well they have to do with their profession. They sell food and drinks but where do they get their stuff from in the first place? Well take a look at the paintings later and you will say: Aha. I will also add this to their topics. My Inventory.

But something else is down there as well... he did follow me here and decided to stay. I tried an evp, but it did not work. Well he he wanna stay there, it is up to him really... :wink: 06:00 he gets a new package anyway.
50969200451_d9d8d2f9ef_o.jpg

Who is he or who was he?

Edited by Pellape

Paintings
It sure makes a difference. 10 of 24 is added in this room. It is so boring adding paintings, but it sure looks nicer.

50970315831_5c08444937_o.jpg

This wall is named the Farm wall, as it only contains farms. The oposite wall will be the Inns wall, as it will only contain Inns and I must add 2 painting of that Breton when he took an arrow in his knee as well. I must

-I work here since I took an arrow in the knee.
50726657807_69daf6cd5d_o.png

It is his room after all. :smile:

Edited by Pellape

A Hobbit Home user had issues as the game crashed as soon as she came to the exterior and she almost gave it up but did found what was causing it. She said she inactivated NVAC.dll and I did wonder, wtf is that? Google told me so I added this to the site.

Confirmed issues and incompatibility:
New Las Vegas Anti Crash makes you crash at the exterior

Use Enginebugfixes and ENBoost instead with ENB v0.259
These 2 will make you game run much better

I take some very small steps every day and many small steps will become a big jimp in the end... :wink:

50978436147_ede66833c6_o.jpg

O think this room is finished. I could add some more small stuff maybe but it looks nice as it is I suppose.

Thanks. I did add 2 sofas and 2 more drawers, just for fill out. I will use the same design in all other bedrooms, 3 all together, except out private one that will be similar as well. All that might differ is 2 entries, 2 doors, one from the hallway and one from the library and it will be turned 90 degrees, that all i guess. I will place it in its own cell though.

So why a private bedroom? Well why not? It is a good place to be when you need to reset the cells so new food and stuff gets added to the plates. It might also be a good place to place private stuff, stuff you do not want to display as you might use them but everything else will have their own spots at displays.

As I expand underground, I want to have an overview now of what I am heading as I do get closer to the Hrota Cave and they will connect and now it gets easier to see where they connect or will connect.

First we have the exteriors.
50992971042_11fa229eaa_o.jpg

And here all rooms are put next to each others
50992158963_2f97be835d_o.jpg

But they are not next to each others as they are all stacked on top of each others and I also added the Hrota Cave interiors here.
50992971012_64c94494ed_o.jpg

So how big will the library room become? I plan 4x6 squares, which makes it as long as one single floor and it will become the single biggest room so far but not the biggest cell as the main floor is 6x6 all together. 1 square is the size of each normal object element. The bedrooms are each 2x3 as one example so it ill become 4 times bigger than a bedroom. So to come to this conclusion, I did visit an outpost, where those meshes are used and went to a 4x6 room and what I could see is that it will be perfect.

Edited by Pellape

I have used my sorter now for 2 weeks or more, well I lost count. Most stuff works great but the MOO chests do not work 100% and I do not know why really. So before I start the sorter, I have to go to my MOO house where I have all crafting stations and resources, remove the chest from the sorter, add it back and then sort and I do not mind doing those 3 steps as it is the only way to get it to work.

Last time I reported, I had 719 items in my database and now I have 1493 and it grows every day, not much but some. I do still have to sort some stuff manually that the sorter ignores and maybe it is because of the stacking and mixing of stolen and none stolen items but if I cast the sorting several times a row nothing changes anyway so that is pointless. I did not expect it to work 100% anyway but It sorts 90-95% of the stuff right and the rest I need to move manually and after that I rescan all chests to see if I added new items and it is then it grows slightly, every time, 10-30 items approx and I guess it is mostly new books and also new enchanted stuff.

So what items do get sorted and not? Alchemy ingredients and bottles gets sorted to 100% and most weapons and wearables but the misc stuff is very random. Some resources added by MOO do not gets sorted nor some clutter from original Oblivion but that is if they are added to that chest that I have to remove and add and I suspect it is the chest it self that is the problem, not the items. Books gets sorted so far by 100% as well as they are added to the sell chest so all items added to that chest works perfect so it is the MOO chest that is the problem. How did I add it in to the game? I crafted it and placed it in a crafted house. I could move all that stuff to another chest really, one inside my house to see if it might work better.

Edited by Pellape