WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do anything so the NPC's can't loot your chests?

Nope. Not Yet. I guess I have to set ownership to Player. I did noticed some companions have stuff they shouldn't have.

If you want to have it fixed, I can do it tomorrow morning. :)

Edited by Pellape

Well then it is no panic with it, which is good as I have lots of chests. ;)

The problem is that they grab stuff I place, like weapons and armor, but only the good stuff so far. I have seen them picking tools as well, like the Dwemer Pickaxe from MOO. I did try to lock the chests but it does not work. When you used bloody locked chest, it seems impossible to lock it again.

Well then it is no panic with it, which is good as I have lots of chests. :wink:

The problem is that they grab stuff I place, like weapons and armor, but only the good stuff so far. I have seen them picking tools as well, like the Dwemer Pickaxe from MOO. I did try to lock the chests but it does not work. When you used bloody locked chest, it seems impossible to lock it again.

Take a look at my Repeatable Oblivion quests mod, I didn't lock my chests or give them any owner. They are empty and I scripted them so only the player can receive their treasure via a certain object in its inventory, it's very simple.

Yeapp. I take a look at it and I will fix this until the next release, but I would had fixed it this morning if anyone is using the house mod, and it seems no one does, even if it now is the most advanced house in the game as far as I know at least. ;)

I do not get any comments anywhere when I announce the House, not that I really care if it is used or not honestly as I do this for my self firstly but some responses is always fun anyway, like a pat in the back like a boss would do: Well done - Good Lad. Keep on doing this nice work and I might raise your salary in 5 years.... :D Well honestly, it seems most players do not realize what they miss if they choose other houses these days. ;) One reason might also be that this house is extremely OP if you use all the tools and also the size of the package as it is 200Mb 7z now but no wonder with all custom textures and objects. 200Mb for a simple house?? ;)

The 18 burglars where set to Persistent Refs in the cell aaPekDummy. Suddenly after I finished a dungeon, the game started to crash. I had edited many esp so finding the cause was not easy.

Problem:
Game Crashes when you try to resurrect a lost or deleted Reference :D Moving them or disable them cause no crashes. I lost the suckers somewhere in 2 dungeons, the 3rd and 5th dungeon. The coordinates are not wrong. i have checked them. 3 and 4 disapeared into the void, before dungeon reset.

Solution:
Well there is many ways to solve this but we wanna keep it clean. But I had to edit every damn script.

• Get Quest
  • Count number NPC i pekDummy (Only in debugmode)
  • Move 18 RatXMarkers to the dungeon
  • 18 Burglars is placed at the player with PlacAtMe, which used wrong will cause bloats but these new refs will get killed and purged at cell reset anyway.
  • Use getFirst and NextRef to add them into a database (Array)
  • PrintC them (Debugmode)
  • Disable them
  • Move them to aaPekDummy
  • Count the NPC again in Debugmode
  • Teleport them to the dungeon
  • Offer the player to teleport to Dungeon MapMarker
  • Kill the suckers
  • Move the RatXMarkers to cell aaPekDummy
  • Move the chest and the ChestRatXmarker to aaPekDummy
  • Add the book to the Dwemer Book Sorter
  • Get a reward

As i did not understand first what caused the crashes, i started new games at both my computers, both at my GF's flat and my own flat and it was when I was in my flat this problem occured again 2 days ago.

My chars needs funds so how will I make extra money from these quests as it is our selves we aid when restoring our own library and the Librarian may act like a noble hag but she is poor. I made a book called: History of Book Tracking Agency & Book Burglars and set the value to 500 and here is how the book works in game:

The Book Burglars

This book was Written by the Imperial book Tracking Agency

Books usually do not have a value more than the knowledge it provides so why have special Book Burglars shown up lately that only focus on books? Well we do not know really but as this problem became a huge issue and problem for the education of the Citizens of the Empire, The Imperial Authorities decided to create the Book Tracking Agency and we offer this service for free, so we do not loose all knowledge forever. <p>

This book is spread to every known library in the world and is given to a Book Burglars slayer for each Book Burglar they exterminate.<p>

We lack the funds of paying anyone for the hunt. We hope this book will become a popular reward in it self. Sell and spread it all over the world please.<p>

The Imperial Book Tracking Agency

Librarian reactions:

The old Hag Librarian do not mind if you sell this specific book as the Agency constantly visit our library and give her loads of them. She is more concerned over all other books really.

Imperial Book Tracking Agency:

I will create agents later that walks or ride full speed between Anvil, Kvatch and Hobbit Home and IC or whatever, They will read books in the library for a couple of hours when they get there. I will make a special cuirass for them, as they will use guard equipment and I will add the cover of this book as their sign at the cuirass and shield. I think 6 agents might be enough? :D

This could become a faction that the player can join really. So where do we add their HQ? IC, ICPrison or at the University? Or where? Damn cool idea.

If we compare this quests and faction to the Adventurer Factioon mod, this one has MUCH MORE ACTION. That mod takes you to many boring unused dungeons but I do that as well, all of them, filled with Book Burglars, 18 in every dungeon and they are friends to the following factions: Creatures, undead, All Bandits, Necromancers, Vampires, every damn nasty faction that are in the dungeons so we get as many as possible to fight, so they do not kill each others as I dislike when we get to a dungeon and half of the enemies are dead. I want to kill them myself. I cannot prevent MOO or any other factions to fight the Burglars but they mostly win as they have good heal spells and nasty weapons. So why this friendship IC or from an immersive perspective? They do not fight more than necessary, so they bribed and tamed as many former enemies as possible. They are very clever and fun enemies to fight. The Hobbit Home have proper weapons for you to fight them as otherwise it will take forever, even if you use Daedric stuff. The stuff in the house is not OP, as it is well balanced for lvl 65, which is my MAX lvl I set in the Ultimate Leveling mod ini files. I made the weapon damage after having problems in the Shadowfang Keep mod, which is so damn hard, specially the end Warewolfes.

Edited by Pellape