ENB + HDT SMP = CTD on Continue/Load/New Game

ff7legend

try right clicking on Skyrim.exe, Skyrimlauncher.exe and skse_Loader, click on compatibility - tick the box *Run this Program as Administrator* click apply. do this for all 3 executables mentioned.

for reference i also run ENB and HDT SMP and have had no issues with them in the several months i have been running both Together (HDT SMP Several Months, ENB's Considerably longer, since early days of oldrim), the only relevant difference that we could both might have between our setups, is that fact that i have all 3 said executables set to run as Administrator, and i also use Windows 7, so should administrator privileges not be the cause, then it is very likely a windows 10 based issue (assuming you are running windows 10), i know for a fact windows 10 has many issues, especially with programs like Bodyslide, where it would just straight up crash every single time you attempt to batch build (only in windows 10, never once had this issue in windows 7 i assure you, and i have been running both windows 7 and bodyslide since the early days of oldrim),

try the above. also change user account control to never notify then reset computer, UAC also has many unnecessary issues with basic tasks.

Control Panel - User Accounts - Change User Account Control Setting - Drag the slider down to *Never Notify* - Restart Computer.

Lastly HDT SMP, has a big impact on the CPU (hence performance drops, which can be pretty significant), and ENB's would also have an impact on CPU (primarily from its Drawing Shadows options), so they are 2 things to consider. although due to the nature of the crash, this bit here is likely not relevant to this specific issue. but figured i would write it anyway just incase.

but ye as said, this is possibly a Application Privilage based issue, or very likely a Windows 10 Based issue, if applicable.

for reference the 2 ENB's that i have used alongside HDT SMP, are: Skyrim Re-Engaged, and Rudy ENB. only mentioning for reference and relevance to this topic.

for long loading times with regards to ENB is, the ENB compiling shaders. this could also be a potential cause, however i cannot imagine shaders causing issues with a psychics plugin, but you never know. could simply be to much pressure on the game/ hardware thus CTD. but i am only speculating here, its worth mentioning however, as removing the ENB files would mean it will not be compiling shaders, and likewise no addtional shaders in game.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R