"You cannot reply to this topic"

Ghia

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[…] formatting is very limited (unlike the forum format) […]

We're looking at adding more editing controls to the website side, so this will help with this point at least.

Thanks for that at least!

Other point: the Sticky notes cannot keep their open/close status when I post a reply. It would be nice if they did!

Just an idea for whenever we upgrade these here forums but how about giving the ability to vote up or down "Best Answer" posts to premium users. This way outdated "Best Answers" can be removed or changed and by restricting it to premium users makes it so only people who regularly use the site (and as such probably actually know the current state of modding) have the ability to influence it. This can help prevent abuse of the feature and further abuse prevention could be that only OP and moderators can actually make something the best answer.

There does seem to be a disparity between mods and forum.

Linking [back] to the mod page in question (where applicable) would be the most sensible navigation option.

Also:

Using profile to track threads/comments "%user's% Content" under "Find Content"

I get "You cannot reply to this topic" for topic links started or replied to in forums.

That is just not right, because I can if I hunt for it the hard way.

Or, as you say through the mod's page, but there is not an efficient way to get over to it.

Finally, there are different schools of thought obviously, but "most recent comments on top" saves a lot of page loads in short order.

Instead of loading thread page and hitting >> to get to end each time here.

As often the solution/conclusion is at the end of the thread, right?

Which brings to mind a "solved" button or some such as well.

Anyway, not just easier to use, but less resource intensive... a win-win!

Thanks for your site and hard work otherwise.

while at the topic of the replies on the mod pages, could the reply box appear under the post i clicked the reply button for rather than at the very top of the chain? the longer the chain gets, the more i have to scroll up to find the reply box. or if not, at the very least auto scroll to the reply box when reply button is clicked.

while at the topic of the replies on the mod pages, could the reply box appear under the post i clicked the reply button for rather than at the very top of the chain? the longer the chain gets, the more i have to scroll up to find the reply box. or if not, at the very least auto scroll to the reply box when reply button is clicked.

That's on the list for future improvements.

I was royally confused about the sudden inability to reply using the forums, until I found this discussion! :confused:

Since you are developing new features, perhaps you can put the Emoticon System into the new mod page comment editing bars? So we can call up emoticons.

One of the benefits of the old Forum approach was easy access to Emoticons, which enabled Asperger-types like me to deliver or receive the right interpretation of peoples' comments. :D (emoticon to express delight at forthcoming features....!)