NMM version 0.44 released, new file servers and site updates

Dark0ne

In response to post #7531145.

As i mentioned before: Use NMM 0.34.0 :-) Honestly, it works fine, it does anything a Mod Manager should do, it has only a few bugs but you can easily deal with them. No categories, no other rather useless function but IT WORKS!!!! Edited by archerarcher

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapidly losing faith with Nexus, I despise the slow downloads, I used to have infinte image load times (commendations on fixing that gargantuan error however), the regular inability for the server to download mods, the very poor mod manager which I only use because I install mods on there which I find easier than on Wrye Bash, the recent updates for the mod manager were horrid and I reinstalled to try to fix it but now I am having a significant amount of errors such as mods being "activated" by default; when I turn them on it asks if I want to override and turning off doesn't work because they are still there.

Finally I don't really like where the mod manager is going, in my opinion it needs to work on ease of use (categories are 100% pointless in my opinion, I prefer alphabetic order and as compact as possible listing) and maximum compatibility and mod efficiency/effectiveness rather than these other strange features which I don't feel have any use.

That being said I do very much like the site's database and all functions apart from some of the managers who consistently reprimand me for posting on the Boss log forum, I've posted on there *with different mods might I add* regarding various issues such as asking if I am posting correctly or if I need to repost when a new thread is made due to the 200 post cap (er, what) and I'm almost always met with a rather abrupt and often rude message and consequence by an admin.

Seriously this mod manager has ruined my game. Now that I have followed your steps and *FIXED* my mod manager, I can no longer play without crashing after 20 seconds of unresponsive scripts.

Edited by WingdingsNiglet

In response to post #7531787. #7532218 is also a reply to the same post.

Amen! I went from taking 2 seconds to download my mods to take about 20 mins (depending on file size of course) and that's not even what I'm most disappointed in... I prefer user friendliness and ease of usage rather than fancy features that I believe not even 30% of the users utilize. But this is just my opinion, and I still rely on this website for all my modly needs, but that may change soon enough.

In response to post #7525401. #7527919 is also a reply to the same post.

I frequently download from the Kent server and I am West coast US of A.... Premium is the fast way to go. You can join for just a month and check it out.

Now I wish I hadn't upgraded to the latest version, Can open Nexus. but now it has decided to add double of most mods, when I try to delete them, It just freezes the manager & I'm then unable to do anything with it, I feel this manager is adding to many features & is suffering for it, Love the site itself, But the manager is letting it down.

I must say I can't agree with the above complaints, but as with most things it's a question of personal taste, I guess. I like the new categories, though admittedly they're a bit buggy and clumsy to work with at the moment, but I have faith that the controls will get more intuitive with the next few updates. I don't feel the download speed is that bad (it being FREE and all that), and I've never had a mod that failed to load more than one or two times, and even that is rare. All in all the NMM is a fantastic tool, and much superior to Steam's workshop on all acounts. That is, if the latest update hadn't been so horribly buggy.

Speaking of which, I found a rather amusing bug today. NMM told me it encountered an error and had to shut down - and proceeede to merrily go on running and working just fine. :D