Planescape: Torment spin-off hits $1m Kickstarter goal in 6 hours

JimboUK

I thought Kickstarter was dying. Turns out it isn't, it's just it's become saturated with lots of crap. When a gem shines through it can still massively succeed.

plged $50. gunna get that and WL2. never played either of the original games for either of them, but whatever haha. 2 games for $50, both RPGs, both heavily supported (which i hope means they are good)...well cant beat that.

I thought Kickstarter was dying. Turns out it isn't, it's just it's become saturated with lots of crap. When a gem shines through it can still massively succeed.

Oh no no no D0, kickstarters are in full steam ahead mod. It seems to be a very popular choice for developers nowadays, especially indie devs.

I never played Planescape.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

out of wasteland 2, project eternity and Torment. Torment looks to be the best, the theme "what does one life matter?" and the world Numenera sound amazing. based on the concept its already shaping up to be one of the most unique game worlds made.

Not bad... But I still think some requirements need to be added. Games that aren't even out of the concept stage should probably be rejected outright; instead a proof-of-concept or early alpha has to be made and be open for potential backers to play. That will cull many of the wannabe entrants because now you have to really dedicate yourself to a game instead of just hoping that they'll like how you describe the game and then make some pretty concept art.

Not trying to scare away the hopefuls, but at least make them understand and experience what they're about to get into before making a promise to a bunch of people that sent you money.

Not bad... But I still think some requirements need to be added. Games that aren't even out of the concept stage should probably be rejected outright; instead a proof-of-concept or early alpha has to be made and be open for potential backers to play. That will cull many of the wannabe entrants because now you have to really dedicate yourself to a game instead of just hoping that they'll like how you describe the game and then make some pretty concept art.

Not trying to scare away the hopefuls, but at least make them understand and experience what they're about to get into before making a promise to a bunch of people that sent you money.

not gunna lie, i dont usually back projects unless there are gameplay videos or something. if all it is is concept art and a video of the Devs talking about the game, then i wont back it. a game can always be made to sound great, but that doesnt mean it will be.