Derok

I don't know about that stuff, but you can indeed become a dragon person in Dark Souls, with clawy dragon feet and everything, and either fight with your claws or continue to swing swords and cast magic. You're even naked and have a cool croon pointed chest. There's a mod to change your colors too. Short dumb tail though sadly. Fire breathing though!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight I learned that apparently the players in my tabletop game are deadlier to themselves than ANYTHING I can throw at them. *sighs*

Back to UBR.

lol, reminds me of a game my group did. My friends character killed his older brothers character by accident with a critical, critical fumble during combat (I was the GM), Though that friend passed away in the mid 90's (Hit by a car Halloween), his deadly crit lives on in my memory and always brings a smile to my face when I remember him turning to his brother saying "Sorry" and his GF cracking up.

The covenant is extremely well hidden, so much that you will probably won't find it without guides, and it's also really hard to get the full transformation when you find it. If you need help with the game tell me.

Also what do you use to play Dark Souls?

Edited by Derok

I know that my first in-game goal is to find it, and when I do, I know I won't do anything but level the transformation until that's maxed. Otherwise, modding to get the stuff for it.

I think I'll be running it on XBox, but I have some modding software that will work to get the items if it's too hard/takes too long to get them otherwise. Mainly because the dragon thing is my only real motivation to play it over more Skyrim.

Dark Souls on Xbox 360, parrying is easier, so easy that it's funny, and the online side of the game is probably harder to avoid. Dark Souls is kind of right in the middle between a single player game and an online multiplayer thing, such that the multiplayer part isn't necessary to enjoy the game, but it does add more than something like just comparing high scored or whatever. It makes everything overly easy since you can summon higher level people to help you, and yet overly hard because the same people can often come on their own terms and kill you. I prefer it single player, and I love the excellent high resolution texture mods in the PC version, (and my USB controller) so I'd recommend that.

The dragon covenant can be joined as early as five minutes into the game if you're a lame speedrunner, but all you'll gain is a cool dragon head until you're strong enough to hunt down an obnoxious amount of dragon scales to donate to your amazing ancient dragon leader. It's terribly tedious and grindy at that point, but I felt pretty happy with myself for doing it. And the rest of the game is so much more fun as a nude sword swinging fire breathing dragon.

Felt sort of gross killing dragon-like creatures for the sake of a dragon, unusual, but that's also pretty normal in the Dragonlance books; dragons want magical dragon stuff, and other dragons will have magical dragon stuff.

Edited by Voldearag

Tedious and grindy for how long? I need that dragon stuff as soon as possible (all of it), even if I have to speed run and ignore every bit of story to get it. Either that or I could mod to get it or just get it on PC and get that stuff immediately to enjoy the game more in the end.

I worry about slowing your improvements to UBR by getting you too interested in Dark Souls, eh but whatever. There's not so much modding in Dark Souls. We're used to Elder Scrolls games and being allowed to do whatever we want as long as we feel up to doing it ourselves, but Dark Souls doesn't seem to have been made so compassionate. You won't find any mods besides texture replacers and one or two broken save managers. I suppose when you begin the game, the starting gift you should choose is the Master Key, so can use it to enter the Valley of Drakes early from beneath Firelink Shrine. The awesome heavy footed blue dragons in this area are who must be killed over and over again, to very rarely find dragon scales. You'll need a freaky amount of them, and it wouldn't hurt getting even more, but don't expect yourself to be anything near a match for them just after beginning the game. Even though there are stats in Dark Souls, I was happy to find that your own skill at fighting effectively makes a much larger difference than your stat levels. Later in the game you'd find rings and hats and junk which increase your chances of finding a fancy item like a dragon scale after a victory, but if you're in so much of a hurry, just killing undead soldiers until your Humanity number is about 15 gives a boost to item discovery too.

The greatest benefit to playing the PC version of the game is unarguably save scumming. Dark Souls is very unforgiving if you die.

Or, you know, console in those single two items and then play the rest of the game legitimately. The way I read it, even with the torso and head, there are more benefits to be gained from dragon scales, so it won't break the game in any way. *shrug* That's my plan at least. I also read that there is a large online component to getting the Torso, so I don't plan on even bothering with getting it legitimately.

But yes, UBR is my primary concern, not DS.