⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Derok

I don't like the barefoot sound that is why I didn't use it in first place. May be ok for khajiit but sounds just wrong for Argonians. We could use creature sounds if we find something fitting.

Anyway, I may work on an Argonian tribal armor. It's not meant to be canon, and doesn't look at all like ESO stuff, because I just hate the whole artistic style. I also want something dark and worn, fitting the idea of a dangerous and festering place Bethesda always gave us.

Edited by Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't mind either walking sound. But I can understand as to why the barefooted sound may feel "unfitting" for clawed, reptilian feet.

Then again, it may just be the right sound for people that consider Argonians closer related to salamanders than lizards.

Of course, best of all would be to include both options and let the players decide what to choose from via an installer.

Anyway, I may work on an Argonian tribal armor. It's not meant to be canon, and doesn't look at all like ESO stuff, because I just hate the whole artistic style. I also want something dark and worn, fitting the idea of a dangerous and festering place Bethesda always gave us.

Interesting! I love the idea of having tribal armoury (and weaponry) for Argonians! Have you already decided whenever it will be a light, meduim-ish, or heavy armour set? Just curious. :smile:

A bit food for thoughts for Argonian heavy armor: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/192/a/c/argonian_by_lyntonlevengood-d6cz4du.jpg

For living within the limits of one sound, I agree, the barefoot sound.

Edit: Or Argonians/Khajiit could make something completely new, of course that's cool too! I just wouldn't like them to make the same thunking boot sound while their feet are making all the ground contact.

Edited by Voldearag

Love the gass

I personally don't mind either walking sound. But I can understand as to why the barefooted sound may feel "unfitting" for clawed, reptilian feet.

Then again, it may just be the right sound for people that consider Argonians closer related to salamanders than lizards.

Of course, best of all would be to include both options and let the players decide what to choose from via an installer.

Interesting! I love the idea of having tribal armoury (and weaponry) for Argonians! Have you already decided whenever it will be a light, meduim-ish, or heavy armour set? Just curious. :smile:

A bit food for thoughts for Argonian heavy armor: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/192/a/c/argonian_by_lyntonlevengood-d6cz4du.jpg

That quite the nice art.

I think however it a bit hot, maybe sleeveless with shorter leggings?

Sounds like we're either A) using the base barefoot sound, B) finding a creature one that works better, or C) making a new one. I HATED having the argonian feet make boot sounds when I walked barefoot and that was always the first thing I changed when I got a new edition of UBR.

I'm no good at working with new sound, but I'll run through and experiment with animal and creature sound effects.

Armor wise from my perspective I think they wear skimpier armor honestly it looks too hot and clunky to be wearing int he hot swamp-jungle that Argonia/Black Marsh has been described as. You would be very likely to get stuck in that kind of armor in a jungle-swamp also its hot and they're probably wearing much much skimpier armor not because lol skimpy armor big bewbz pr0narmor but for practical reasons seriously that design made me wince instantly from a practical standpoint that armor is suicidal because the environment itself would kill you before the enemy ever would wearing THAT.

I think that armored Argonian painting is awesome. The glass armor screenshot a couple pages ago looked too heavy and clunky to me, the legs so thick I couldn't notice any special shape to them, and it looked hard to balance in that heavy armor followed by a heavy tail with a straight posture. But this painting's plate scale armor looks great, the legs are open in the back and there's lots of exposed skin and no helmet, and matching discrete foot armor that won't limit their claws or catch mud. It might still be hot for that location, but awesome armor in general.

Edited by Voldearag

I think that armored Argonian painting is awesome. The glass armor screenshot a couple pages ago looked too heavy and clunky to me, the legs so thick I couldn't notice any special shape to them, and it looked hard to balance in that heavy armor followed by a heavy tail with a straight posture. But this painting's plate scale armor looks great, the legs are open in the back and there's lots of exposed skin and no helmet, and matching discrete foot armor that won't limit their claws or catch mud. It might still be hot for that location, but awesome armor in general.

True. Looked quite nice but not right for a jungle/swamp.

No offense intended, Ariarose, but your skills with punctuation and avoiding run-on sentences made me wince just like the armor made you (kinda me too) wince. <^.=.^;>

Why I get C's in English im great at writing stuff but I always miss punctuation I just fail at punctuation I don't know why.