Derok

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know how to make a specular map? Make the diffuse map black and white, then increase the contrast a lot. For some reason you also have to make some kind of specular map in the alpha channel of the normal map or you get very glossy models.

Edited by Derok

I'll just be happy when it gets released.. but glad you figured out that mesh issue you'd been having. Wish I knew how to make mods, but I play games, I don't make them.

Probably a good thing, I'm very meticulous when drawing things like armor, likely I'd cause everyone's PC to crash if I was able to make an armor mod as It'd have so much detail that computers would have a meltdown trying to load it. lol

Oh, suggestion for armor mod adaptations ..

*Bosmer Armor Pack - Maty743 (Use this on Inigo)

*DreamBurrows Regal Huntsman Armor - DreamBurrow (Use on Myself or Inigo)

BattlemageArmor - UberSmaug (Mages)

Arise - Chapter 1 - The Black Sacrament - Black Sacrament Armor V4-1 - Standard Def - AmethystDeciever (Assassins)

Tribunal Robes and Masks - Zairaam and Natterforme (Haven't used yet, it just looks good)

Silver Dragon Armor - Zerofrost Satyr (Heavy Armor Types)

Ritual Armor of Boethiah - Wasbunny (Haven't used yet, it just looks good)

These are the ones I most commonly use. Take a look at them, they're all well made. * Denotes my favorites, I definitely suggest looking at these ones regardless.

Hey Nyte, For some time I really wanted to model the stuff and armors I have been designing. But, I realized that modelling not only is hard, but takes lot, lot of time. Also, I think it's really needed to make a deep research on this topic, and that's something game developers too often forget. It doesn't matter if it's fantasy, you are still using real history as a base. In fact, it's hard to improve a design that worked for centuries, and armors that are completely based on fantasy are, in my opinion, the ones that look the ugliest. Different armor types, material used... You could write a book only about the different types and pattern of mail armor. Anyway, that research is for my own poor attempt at making a 2d game. Not much to say about it for now, since if the ideas turn out bad, I might scrap everything and begin from scratch. There aren't anthropomorphic animals in it, though.

Talking about armor conversion it's possible to make a mesh deformer to make everything a lot easier. I made one with Blender some time ago.

Edited by Derok